FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 14, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,456 of 5,204
I read here that you guys said that S6Rui and S8F sound better than Andromeda. Cleg (Porta Fi on YouTube) said in his review and comments that S6Rui is not at the level of Andromeda. I am wondering if you are hyping the headphones
Hmmm. So, if someone doesn’t like the Fearless compared to Andromeda, and others like the Fearless more than Andromeda, then those that like Fearless more are hyping it? You went straight there? Not bashing you, but I really think you should take a pause when saying something that can come across that judgmentally. In any event, your logic seems questionable as it fails to recognize all the variables at play - taste, hearing, anatomy, sources, tips, tip insertion... like they say about economists - ask 100 of them a question and you will get 101 opinions, audio is a lot like that.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,457 of 5,204
The only reason why I mentioned Cleg is because he has many totl headphones
The number of someone’s possessions is NOT a measure of ability, judgement, taste, etc. Especially in this case as the discussion was a specific AB compare - the rest of the possessions / choices available are immaterial.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,459 of 5,204
Yes, the picture gives that impression. This tiny IEM delivers bass, mids and great imaging for less than USD 300.-. A single DD. I am that close to buy a Kanas Pro just in order to put both into a fight. The E5000 is very power hungry, tough.

I am selling mine if you are interested, they are like new, I can throw in a pack of New Bee tips in the mix
I've had them for a week but my ears can't get used to iems so I'll be sticking with my T1 : /
Asking price is 140€

d97fae4201d7bcf8023b86daeea09c0fd885d7d8.jpg
b5f8962531e72e3beb359c16384dbeb0faea1ede.jpg
adf5cceb86aa1b4246eff856c67410ec22759560.jpg

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #1,460 of 5,204
Hmmm. So, if someone doesn’t like the Fearless compared to Andromeda, and others like the Fearless more than Andromeda, then those that like Fearless more are hyping it? You went straight there? Not bashing you, but I really think you should take a pause when saying something that can come across that judgmentally. In any event, your logic seems questionable as it fails to recognize all the variables at play - taste, hearing, anatomy, sources, tips, tip insertion... like they say about economists - ask 100 of them a question and you will get 101 opinions, audio is a lot like that.

"not bashing you..".. continues to bash him xD

we can all respect his opinion as much as you expect him to respect yours

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #1,461 of 5,204
I am selling mine if you are interested, they are like new, I can throw in a pack of New Bee tips in the mix
I've had them for a week but my ears can't get used to iems so I'll be sticking with my T1 : /
Asking price is 140€

d97fae4201d7bcf8023b86daeea09c0fd885d7d8.jpg
b5f8962531e72e3beb359c16384dbeb0faea1ede.jpg
adf5cceb86aa1b4246eff856c67410ec22759560.jpg
Hi, check my message in PM. Thanks

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,462 of 5,204
I am beginning to question "All" reviewers opinions, no matter who they are. Most people here admit that hearing and comfort is a personal thing, as we all have different shaped ears, comfort levels, and hearing "Perception". My new opinion of reviewers stems from the fact, that while I am shopping for a new dap. I am finding reviewers don't even agree about wheter a dap's sound signature is warm, cool, or neutral. I figure that people can differ on nuances of dap signatures, but in my opinion, there shouldn't be a problem on whether a dap is warm or cool. I guess I have add up the total reviews and just go with the majority. Where I live there aren't any places for me to demo anything, so everything turns out to be a blind purchase for the most part.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,463 of 5,204
"not bashing you..".. continues to bash him xD

we can all respect his opinion as much as you expect him to respect yours
I mean, no, they're fundamentally different things and all opinions aren't equal. "You like A while Person X likes B. Doesn't that mean you're biased in favor of A?" is not sound reasoning. Pointing out that this is not sound reasoning is sound reasoning, is not bashing, and is clearly a different class of statement than the original.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #1,464 of 5,204
BGGAR had the right concept when it comes to reviewing. he picks a song and then tells you what he can pick up or not, his reviews are always in point as to what is missing or what is emphasized.

Ive said it in this thread before, once you reach a certain threshold, sound signature is just different and not necessarily better. I purchase 1 iem a year in the budget range and this is my first truly expensive pair at $500. The sound is leaps ahead of the sub-200 price range that i cant go back. i am stuck.

My new suggestion is to stop buying the budget sets and take a plunge in the $500+ range. The S8f/pro is a bargain relative to how good they perform.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,465 of 5,204
I mean, no, they're fundamentally different things and all opinions aren't equal. "You like A while Person X likes B. Doesn't that mean you're biased in favor of A?" is not sound reasoning. Pointing out that this is not sound reasoning is sound reasoning, is not bashing, and is clearly a different class of statement than the original.

well I can kinda see where both of you are coming from. same story with the DM6, after all the hailing of praises, it came down with some serious flaws. a product seems more credible and easier to analyze if there are some criticisms rather than just "this is the greatest ever", criticisms I wish to see more here rather than what "looks" to be a train. just please, don't turn this into the noble thread.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #1,466 of 5,204
I can definitely enjoy different IEM tuning BUT when you start comparing with studio monitor speakers, PROPER ones, you suddenly start noticing many IEMs are tuned wrong compared to what the recording was meant to sound like. I absolutely like high end microdetail but the truth is that stuff is not what producers listen for. We are big picture folks, the entire sound matters more than one part of the spectrum. Don't take this as me arguing about certain IEMs being wrong. It's just that I have a different perspective being that I record and produce music in a studio.. and I play instruments and have spent 10x on them vs headphones.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,467 of 5,204
If the S6rui can sound 80% of the andros with 1/4 of the cost, that's win in my book. Judging by the people, the andros have better soundstage and that's it. Some genres would sound nicer with the andros but it really isn't worth the price difference in my honest opinion

Research the term "law of diminishing returns". I'll let you figure out why your statement about the price to quality ratio is misguided.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #1,468 of 5,204
Research the term "law of diminishing returns". I'll let you figure out why your statement about the price to quality ratio is misguided.

and your point is?

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,469 of 5,204
Got email from Linsoul my S6Pro were sent out via DHL. So they must be doing same as Penon now as I didn’t specify shipping. Excited to spend some time with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back