FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Dec 19, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #5,102 of 5,207
I was able to purchase it for 1/2 price due to an 11/11 deal, and I’ve wanted a semi-custom design for a while. I have very few all-BA IEMs. I do like the A7 more overall, but the S8P has its own strengths and charms.

That being said, while Fearless did a lot to push forward Chi-Fi development and quality, they have really fallen behind lately. They now have really tough competition from Tansio Mirai, as well as the Dunu SA6 and the BGVP DM8. The very “unique” Tequila isn’t going to cut it. I hope they have something great up their sleeve.

Dunu SA6 are very interesting full BA. I'm very tempted to buy them and compare to S8F.

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #5,103 of 5,207
Mthat
Dunu SA6 are very interesting full BA. I'm very tempted to buy them and compare to S8F.
Or even consider the BGVP DM8. You could get them in a full stabilized wood shell.

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #5,105 of 5,207
I sent my faulty S8F to Linsoul on 2nd December and they still haven't fixed the problem or sent me a new set. No updates, nothing. I mean... $500 of IEMs + $130 of cable... and they disappeared.
I have a 30% discount code that I won on 11/11 event, but now I'm not sure if use it or not based on my very bad experience.

I have had a problem last year with a product purchased on Amp3 in UK and they have been very professional and fast. They changed the prodcut with a new one and sent me back in less than 10 days.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #5,106 of 5,207
I sent my faulty S8F to Linsoul on 2nd December and they still haven't fixed the problem or sent me a new set. No updates, nothing. I mean... $500 of IEMs + $130 of cable... and they disappeared.
I have a 30% discount code that I won on 11/11 event, but now I'm not sure if use it or not based on my very bad experience.

I have had a problem last year with a product purchased on Amp3 in UK and they have been very professional and fast. They changed the prodcut with a new one and sent me back in less than 10 days.
Linslow is known to be...slow. I would join their discord server and ask them there. Seems to somehow be faster...

Dec 23, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #5,107 of 5,207
Ordered the S8Z, can't wait for January when they come!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #5,109 of 5,207
Love mine! Very lively and musical!
I had a hard time deciding which ones I wanted to try out between the Z, Pro, and Freedom. Seems like the S8Z is a slight improvement over the others. I was going to try out the Lancelot, but there were less than stellar reviews on the Paladin series.

Currently, I have been trying out the Tin P1, IKKO OH10 (which have impressed me, esp for their asking price), Fiio FH7, and IEMusic pointed me to the LZ A7 and I have been enjoying them. I plan on also trying out the Moondrop S8, Andromeda, Thieaudio Monarch, Voyager 14, and maybe check out the Legacy 4 to see what all the praise is about, MEST, EJ07, and maybe the Tansio Mirai Zodiac.

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #5,110 of 5,207
I had a hard time deciding which ones I wanted to try out between the Z, Pro, and Freedom. Seems like the S8Z is a slight improvement over the others. I was going to try out the Lancelot, but there were less than stellar reviews on the Paladin series.

Currently, I have been trying out the Tin P1, IKKO OH10 (which have impressed me, esp for their asking price), Fiio FH7, and IEMusic pointed me to the LZ A7 and I have been enjoying them. I plan on also trying out the Moondrop S8, Andromeda, Thieaudio Monarch, Voyager 14, and maybe check out the Legacy 4 to see what all the praise is about, MEST, EJ07, and maybe the Tansio Mirai Zodiac.

consider also Penon volt and iBasso IT07😉

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #5,111 of 5,207
I know it’s somewhat just a matter of semantics, and I think a lot of others have eluded to this, but while the graph of the S8Pro is clearly V-shaped, the mids really don’t sound recessed at all to me, and so it sounds more like a warm-neutral with boosted bass signature. In fact, the thickness of the mid bass is the only thing that prevents it from being an all-rounder for me, for such genres as classical, jazz, acoustic music. The mid bass does help balance out the upper mids though.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #5,112 of 5,207
I know it’s somewhat just a matter of semantics, and I think a lot of others have eluded to this, but while the graph of the S8Pro is clearly V-shaped, the mids really don’t sound recessed at all to me, and so it sounds more like a warm-neutral with boosted bass signature. In fact, the thickness of the mid bass is the only thing that prevents it from being an all-rounder for me, for such genres as classical, jazz, acoustic music. The mid bass does help balance out the upper mids though.
Very accurate analysis i believe! matches my experience of listening to them for about 6 months now!~ plus they are very efficient and dont really need any extra amping from DAP or good smartphone (LG50) but do respond positively to better gear also, such as MacIntosh Portable Dac/Amp HMA50, which is an amazing piece of gear...

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #5,113 of 5,207
I have the chance to get the S8Z with a 30% discount to compare them with my S8F (once Linsoul sent me my replaced S8F), and then keep the set I prefer and sell the other.
Otherwise I could buy Shuoer EJ07 or Conductor, I'd really like to try one of them.
I need help choosing between these 3 models to do a comparison with my S8F, also I'd like to know which one will be easier to sell, because I don't want to keep them all, just test and choose.
I mostly listen to metal (prog, death, hardcore, thrash, heavy).

Thank you guys

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #5,114 of 5,207
I have the chance to get the S8Z with a 30% discount to compare them with my S8F (once Linsoul sent me my replaced S8F), and then keep the set I prefer and sell the other.
Otherwise I could buy Shuoer EJ07 or Conductor, I'd really like to try one of them.
I need help choosing between these 3 models to do a comparison with my S8F, also I'd like to know which one will be easier to sell, because I don't want to keep them all, just test and choose.
I mostly listen to metal (prog, death, hardcore, thrash, heavy).

Thank you guys
Can you get the EJ07 with a 30% discount? if so, I would opt for that, to try something significantly different, rather than two S8s.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #5,115 of 5,207
Can you get the EJ07 with a 30% discount? if so, I would opt for that, to try something significantly different, rather than two S8s.
Yes! I had won the 30% discount on Linsoul when I purchased the S8Fs on 11/11 event.
EJ07 or Conductor?

In your opinion, is it difficult to sell one of them (EJ07/Conductor or S8F)? Because I will not keep them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back