FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 19, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #3,046 of 5,204
I accidentally hit the volume on my M11 and it cranked up to almost 100 while listening to my EE Phantoms (which I usually listen to at about 35'ish).. Hurt my ears but it was crystal clear.. amazing.

Hope someone gets their Rolands soon and start sharing their impressions.. This Fearless thread seems to be about everything other than Fearless iems these days.

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #3,047 of 5,204
I accidentally hit the volume on my M11 and it cranked up to almost 100 while listening to my EE Phantoms (which I usually listen to at about 35'ish).. Hurt my ears but it was crystal clear.. amazing.

Hope someone gets their Rolands soon and start sharing their impressions.. This Fearless thread seems to be about everything other than Fearless iems these days.
Mine are currently sitting in customs 3 hours away. They should be here by Wednesday, and you can be sure I'll be giving impressions :)

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #3,048 of 5,204
BTW
This is a problem with the RHA cl2 too, which is even less efficient that the P1.

Until they can make planars that are actually close to as efficient as DD/BA sets in the real world, I think people will continue to dislike in ear planars who don't have the output power necessary to drive them well. I'd say you need a good 500mw+ amp/DAP to really drive the CL2, which is higher than most sub $400 DAPs.

On my original hiby r6 I was generally pushing 90+/100 volume levels. If you're pushing more than 75% of your Amps power you're generally not going to get the best out of a set. I'm still generally running 55-65/100 on the r6 pro at 750mw+750mw. My ears would bleed if I tried that volume level on my S8F.

Over the ear planars are even worse generally. They will likely sound flat and dull until you're really pumping power into them. My r6 pro doesn't have nearly enough power to drive my mrspeakers ether CX, regardless of how it's rated.
I have the cl2 on the way .. will do a compare too :)
Sure they „can“ drive them ... but „how“ is the other question:D
Are you getting used one or new? Because if new, I hope you studied CL2 thread and prepared to give it extensive high volume burn in, b4 it starts to sound descent!
After burn in I listened to mine at 60-70 low gain on R6.

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #3,049 of 5,204
BTW

Are you getting used one or new? Because if new, I hope you studied CL2 thread and prepared to give it extensive high volume burn in, b4 it starts to sound descent!
After burn in I listened to mine at 60-70 low gain on R6.
Yes I did . And it’s a used unit , he said it’s burned in

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #3,050 of 5,204
Yes I did . And it’s a used unit , he said it’s burned in
:beerchug: Enjoy! They are truly unique Very little said that CL2 is completely sealed and can provide great isolation which is what got my attention initially. I own P1 now but it DOES NOT COMPARE!
I also love that about Fearless IEMs: Deep fit and great isolation.
Edit: I also recommend Monster Super Tips for it.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #3,051 of 5,204
:beerchug: Enjoy! They are truly unique Very little said that CL2 is completely sealed and can provide great isolation which is what got my attention initially. I own P1 now but it DOES NOT COMPARE!
I also love that about Fearless IEMs: Deep fit and great isolation.
Edit: I also recommend Monster Super Tips for it.
Can you recommend some tips for cl2 ? Maybe fearless too ?
On acme I use Spin fit
Solaris spiral dots
Legend currently Acoustune tips

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #3,053 of 5,204
A few hundred pages back I foretold that once Fearless drops a DD/hybrid setup, they will eat the game. Well here we are. The Roland.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #3,054 of 5,204

How is the bass on those. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the EE wraith got a chance to hear them and it was the best thing I ever heard

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #3,055 of 5,204
i will wait for a full review by @Hawaiibadboy and @Turboturbo . Im always ready. Just wait for full reviews. At least 3 reviews that use a lot of comparisons between iems so that I can relate more to what I already hear. Really hope they will have some iems that I had before like andros, isine20, kpe, dm7, comet, etc

I fully agree with HBB's latest review on the Roland (I have nothing else to add). I've been listening to the Roland since I received them last week, and I have no complains at all. The fit & sealing is so much better than IMR.

I actually found the EE Wraith was way too analytical (everything is too forward/ in your face), it felt like it is trying very hard to impress the audience. The LX actually sounds more musical and enjoyable than the Wraith.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #3,056 of 5,204
I fully agree with HBB's latest review on the Roland (I have nothing else to add). I've been listening to the Roland since I received them last week, and I have no complains at all. The fit & sealing is so much better than IMR.

I actually found the EE Wraith was way too analytical (everything is too forward/ in your face), it felt like it is trying very hard to impress the audience. The LX actually sounds more musical and enjoyable than the Wraith.
Yeah that is partly why I like them for the in your face performance. I usually have gain on high but for those I would turn that off and crank the volume down for longer listening sessions. The legend X are all around a better listening experience for comfort. Have you got a chance to listen to the EE Valkarie? How do they compare to Roland?

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #3,057 of 5,204

Its called wraith for a reason

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,058 of 5,204

I didn't enjoy the Wraith; in fact, I found it bordering on unpleasant. It has a very forward upper midrange that sounds shouty and throws off the tonal balance. Micro details were missing too- something I would never tolerate with a TOTL IEM, especially with that kind of price tag . On the other hand, the S8F is just amazing.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #3,060 of 5,204

Good to know that Roland doesn't do "on your face". What about ex800st? Ever heard of it? It's kinda on your face to my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back