Favourite Type of Dog
May 10, 2003 at 7:50 PM Post #61 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Stew
yeah they are cool,

I would like a Tossa, but they are ilegal over here
evil_smiley.gif

Probably called a "Tossa" after the type of people who buy these dogs to enhance their "street cred" as they would be total wankers without the aid of a tough dog.

I'm glad the availability of this dog is not allowed to be sold to idiots...... Why should a dog have to spend its life with a piece of **** owner who only uses the dog to boost his / her lack of street cred?

Pinkie.

For those of you that don't know... A tosser (pronounced "Tossa") means a "wanker" here in the UK (Jack off merchant)

May 10, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #62 of 111
If I wanted something dumb and vicious I'd get a Pitbull,
Tosa's (I spelt it wrong in my first post) - like the Akita are a Japanese dog that were bred for fighting, are particularly intelligent and trustworthy. Plus they don't Slobber..
So there...

Of course, you weren’t trying to say that I was a "Tosser" were you?
rolleyes.gif

May 10, 2003 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 111
Here is one of my girlfriends dog called "Harry"

Not too sure what breed he is but I reckon he is a cross between a Jack Russel, Great dane and a daschund with a bit of poodle thrown in.........

That'll make you remember your password to correct that description Rose!

hehe

Pinkie
very_evil_smiley.gif
attachment.php

May 10, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #64 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Stew
If I wanted something dumb and vicious I'd get a Pitbull,
Tosa's (I spelt it wrong in my first post) - like the Akita are a Japanese dog that were bred for fighting, are particularly intelligent and trustworthy. Plus they don't Slobber..
So there...

Of course, you weren’t trying to say that I was a "Tosser" were you?
rolleyes.gif

No,

I was merely commenting on the type of idiot that usually accompanies a dog like a pitbull on the end of a thick steel lead with a spiked collar.

You can spell "particularly" so you don't fall into that category.

I won't apologise as I haven't offended you.

Pinkie

May 10, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #65 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Gariver
Favorite dog? Well, I certainly remember Jacko if you say the word favorite. He was a very, very special dog, a crowd-gathering type of dog.

Let me explain this a little bit. Jacko was a mixed breed dog. His papa was a feisty Dachshund named Pancho, and his mama was a lovable, easy going German Shepperd named Daisy. Anyway, he looked like a German Shepperd, but he had the short legs and silhoutte of a Dachshund. However, Jacko was at least two or three times the size of a regular Dachshund. I mean, he was one big dog. And, of course, he was heavy too! I swear, at times, he looked like a torpedo floating in water.

As you can imagine, Jacko used to shock people. "What's that?" They would often say. The other usual comments were: "Oh, my God! What kind of dog is that?" That expression, of course, came with a face full of shock. Here's another one: "Man, that dog scared the hell out me!" That last comment was due to Jacko's fast and low movements. If he snuck up on you, it was a little bit scary unless you were used to his pranks. Regardless of the reactions and comments, people everywhere were fascinated by Jacko, and he certainly drew a crowd. I must say this: He knew he attracted attention. Jacko was smart!

One day, I was walking Jacko at a local park, and this guy in a car is totally in shock while looking at Jacko. Guess what? The guy rammed the car in front of him. And in a few seconds, there was a big argument over the accident. I quickly turned to Jacko and said: "See what you did, Jacko?" Ah, he just wagged his tail and smiled. He loved watching the argument over the fender bender. It was fun!

Jacko is now in dog heaven representing Puerto Rico. Like a rock star, this dog star is drawing huge crowds up there. Well, that's the way I want to see it. I mean, Jacko was, without a doubt, my favorite dog! I bet he is sneaking up on Saint Peter right now and causing one big show. Kind of scary, I must say.

There you go: My favorite type of dog is a German Shepperd/Dachshund mutt!

That was a lovely story and I'm sure Jacko is in doggie heaven.

Pinkie.

Yes, yes, yes. Daisy laid down to make love with Pancho. Otherwise, he could not get up there, and there would have never been a Jacko! So...thanks Daisy!

May 10, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #66 of 111
Quote:

You can spell "particularly" so you don't fall into that category.

I can't, but Word can
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #68 of 111
I prefer my dog stewed, with carrots and potatos.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2003 at 11:16 PM Post #70 of 111
Poncho definately sounds like a dachshund. "No" is just not in their vocabulary, as Daisy must well know.
evil_smiley.gif

Pixel barks at the tv if there's something on she doesn't like. That can be anything... usually other dogs, cats, or horses. She doesn't mind horses in real life but can't stand 'em on tv.

However there's an exception, she without fail loves drama.. I'm talking Lifetime tv-movie drama. People crying, dealing with difficult circumstances... she watches with a concerned look on her face and acts annoyed if you turn the channel.

This also includes shows on Animal Planet like Emergency Vets. If there's nothing wrong with the animal on the screen she barks at it. If it's on the table and everyone looks concerned, then she gets all concerned.

She's just a little drama queen. Apparently she's her grandmother all over again. We can't tell the breeder anything that surprises her.

And yes, for those doggie-people on the board, we're working with her, she ultimately will not command what we watch. Little beast.

Pinkfloyd, You have some tough choices to make, and no one can really tell you what's right or what's wrong. Just try not to beat yourself up too much. Muttley wouldn't want that, and (unless you hid the dog treats) he certainly doesn't hold anything against you either. Just try to enjoy the time you have, and good luck in the tough days ahead.
frown.gif

May 11, 2003 at 12:24 PM Post #72 of 111
The young lady in my avitar is my current best friend and her name is Nikita. This is a picture of her immediate predecessor, Chivas. I had him for 15 years and he was one great, great dog.

Chivas.JPG

May 11, 2003 at 3:07 PM Post #73 of 111
OneMalt: Chivas just looks like one of the world's really great dogs. I can see real dignity and kindness in that photo.

PinkFloyd: So sorry to hear about Muttley (great name). I know what you are going through. The Akitas that I posted were my dogs. The big guy, Zeke, lasted 14 years and the last year was very tough on both of us. The little girl, Zoe, was diagnosed with osterosarcoma three months after Zeke died and was gone 5 weeks later. She had just turned six. It has been four months since Zoey died and I am still not over the loss of the two of them. Jus keep following your heart with Muttley. You will do what's right.

General: Akitas are not actually fighting dogs. They were bred as guard dogs and the difference is significant. They will fight but do so only to protect.

May 11, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #75 of 111
Hey, Pinkie! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I bet you are telling Jacko's story to your folks in Scotland.

Here's a little bit more. Jacko inherited his mom's character and personality. He was not feisty and pushy like Pancho (name comes from Pancho Villa, the Mexican revolutionary). Instead, he was easy going and lovable. He would never bark and get agitated. If he had inherited Pancho's character, he would have been a very, very difficult dog. Oh, my! I don't even want to imagine what that would have been like.

Do I have any regrets? Yes, I have some. I no longer have Jacko's photographs or negatives. When she left, a maid that worked for me took them. That theft made very angry, as you can imagine. However, I do understand the reasoning. If you have pictures of Elvis Presley nowdays, you better lock them up--they are valuable! The same goes for photographs of Jacko, a very, very different and special dog. I should have kept them under lock and key.

Here's another regret: I wanted to take Jacko to the Westminster Dog Show in New York City. This is the biggest dog show in the world, and it is reserved for the very best pure breed dogs in the USA. Jacko, of course, could not get a paw in the place. I mean, he was a pure mutt. So I planned to walk Jacko around Madison Square Garden. Reasons? I would have taken photographs and videos of the crowds gathering around Jacko. Oh, boy! That would have been something to remember! I'm sure I'd get this question: "Wow! What kind of dog is that?" Oh, well! My maid would have taken those also. So I'm glad I didn't take the Westminster trip!

The big regret, of course, is Jacko's passing. When you love your dog, you feel it in your soul. It's very, very difficult and hard to take. This is particularly true if your dog is easy going and lovable, like Jacko!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back