Favourite Type of Dog
May 9, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #31 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
Uh, golden retrievers aren't necessarily small.
I'd have to say that yellow labs are among my favorite.

Yeah... agreed. They aren't the biggest of the bunch, but definately not the smallest...

But the way they smile at you.. priceless.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #34 of 111
My avitar speaks for itself (woof!).

May 9, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #35 of 111
Favorite dog? Well, I certainly remember Jacko if you say the word favorite. He was a very, very special dog, a crowd-gathering type of dog.

Let me explain this a little bit. Jacko was a mixed breed dog. His papa was a feisty Dachshund named Pancho, and his mama was a lovable, easy going German Shepperd named Daisy. Anyway, he looked like a German Shepperd, but he had the short legs and silhoutte of a Dachshund. However, Jacko was at least two or three times the size of a regular Dachshund. I mean, he was one big dog. And, of course, he was heavy too! I swear, at times, he looked like a torpedo floating in water.

As you can imagine, Jacko used to shock people. "What's that?" They would often say. The other usual comments were: "Oh, my God! What kind of dog is that?" That expression, of course, came with a face full of shock. Here's another one: "Man, that dog scared the hell out me!" That last comment was due to Jacko's fast and low movements. If he snuck up on you, it was a little bit scary unless you were used to his pranks. Regardless of the reactions and comments, people everywhere were fascinated by Jacko, and he certainly drew a crowd. I must say this: He knew he attracted attention. Jacko was smart!

One day, I was walking Jacko at a local park, and this guy in a car is totally in shock while looking at Jacko. Guess what? The guy rammed the car in front of him. And in a few seconds, there was a big argument over the accident. I quickly turned to Jacko and said: "See what you did, Jacko?" Ah, he just wagged his tail and smiled. He loved watching the argument over the fender bender. It was fun!

Jacko is now in dog heaven representing Puerto Rico. Like a rock star, this dog star is drawing huge crowds up there. Well, that's the way I want to see it. I mean, Jacko was, without a doubt, my favorite dog! I bet he is sneaking up on Saint Peter right now and causing one big show. Kind of scary, I must say.

There you go: My favorite type of dog is a German Shepperd/Dachshund mutt!

Yes, yes, yes. Daisy laid down to make love with Pancho. Otherwise, he could not get up there, and there would have never been a Jacko! So...thanks Daisy!

May 9, 2003 at 3:19 PM Post #36 of 111
I was never a big fan of German Shepherds, until we adopted one that is about 1 year old. We named her Fiona and she is absolutely wonderful. Beautiful and smart, very strong and athletic, lots of fun outside, and a very sweet personality. Now my favorite dog.

This is Ken's wife - before we got the princess, we already enjoyed the brilliant company of our lab/border collie mix. He is great - better than Fi!!!

Me again - not better, just great in a different, stupid sort of way.

Ken's wife - I resent that. And you've just insulted MrPD because Paesan looks just like that dog, with darker eyes!!

May 9, 2003 at 3:24 PM Post #37 of 111

I want one of them Bernese Mountain Dogs or a Bulldog.

May 9, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #38 of 111
I grow with a chinese one, I don´t know in English, in Spanish is Pekines, little and clean, love you, but control you too. I cried a lot when she died, was named Cheesy. After I got married and bought a house I got a German Shepherd, beautiful and faithful dog but too much poo and hair, I had to give him away when my first child was born. Was called Joe (persons aren't Joes here).

May 9, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #39 of 111
The pug.

After having several breeds and half-breeds over the years, two pugs came to live with me, and won me over with pug love. They're a winning combination of traits from different dog breeds, and even cats, monkeys and goats, all rolled into a rollicking, funloving package.

May 9, 2003 at 6:02 PM Post #40 of 111
Well, I've chatted via PM with dougli a few times he's pretty cool, and ServinginEcuador seems to be a great...............

.......oh, dog not Doug........never mind.

BTW, I love my yellow Lab, Kina.

May 9, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #41 of 111
Springers, Jack Russells and Beagles are all great dogs:

springers: ridiculously energetic and they love you soo much
JR's: nippy little b*****ds, but they're really cool, archetypical terrier!
beagles: thick as two planks, but very very pretty, and nothing beats the sound of a pack of hounds!!

i've got a mutt (alsation, lab, whippet) whoes really clever and cute, and a JR...

g

May 9, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #44 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Well, I've chatted via PM with dougli a few times he's pretty cool, and ServinginEcuador seems to be a great...............

.......oh, dog not Doug........never mind.

BTW, I love my yellow Lab, Kina.

Ha-ha! But I've been confused with worse critters over the years...
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #45 of 111
I'll quote our dog's breeder when she first returned our call. In Swedish - "nog ska man ha tax"

Roughly translated it means - One shall have a Dachshund.

It's the only breed you need, big dog in a small package.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back