Favourite Type of Dog
May 9, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #46 of 111
I dunno, I've always been partial to a good loyal and affectionate Cornish Game dog...

tongue.gif

May 9, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #47 of 111
My favorite would be Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Very intelligent and loyal.

The only dogs I don't care for are poodles mainly because of the curly hair and ridiculus foo foo clip jobs their owners give them.

May 9, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #48 of 111
Here's my Saluki, Astrid. Salukis are one of the oldest dog breeds in the world (and yes, she's supposed to be that skinny!).
astrid2.jpg

May 10, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #49 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Bladerunner
My favorite would be Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Very intelligent and loyal.

The only dogs I don't care for are poodles mainly because of the curly hair and ridiculus foo foo clip jobs their owners give them.

Me too. I always felt sorry for the poodle. Really, the poodle never asked to look like a poodle. It's not the poodle's fault.
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #51 of 111
Speaking of taking pictures of dogs, any photography nuts know how to avoid the Demonic blue (or yellow) eyes that result from a digital picture?

I know how to edit them out, but I'd like to know how to avoid them in the first place.

If no one knows, I'll have to get Pixel exorcised.
eek.gif

May 10, 2003 at 4:13 PM Post #56 of 111
yeah they are cool,

I would like a Tossa, but they are ilegal over here
evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #57 of 111
Why would a type of dog be illegal?
Endangered?

May 10, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #58 of 111
no, it is classed as a "dangerous animal" in the UK
frown.gif

May 10, 2003 at 7:08 PM Post #59 of 111
Am I the only the only one here thinking food
biggrin.gif

Hot Dogs, Armour Hot Dogs
the Dogs......... kids....... love to bite!

Sound As Ever

May 10, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #60 of 111
Here is my best friend Muttley pictured after undergoing his 4th operation (over a period of years) to remove a tumor on his leg. He was 14 when this picture was taken last year and the past year hasn't been a good one for the poor man.

He has really degenerated and there is not a day goes by when I don't think "I'll have to put you to sleep tomorrow my friend" but he still reports for his walks and enjoys his dinner but I feel it's not fair for him to go on like this as he is in pain when he lies down and in pain rising. Sometimes it takes him 25 minutes to be able to lie down.

He sleeps for 22 hours and spends his 2 hours awake eating and wandering about in a complete daze and dutifuly going for a walk. I feel so so guilty and feel I am keeping him alive for my own gratification but it is so hard to say goodbye to the best friend I've ever had.

I won't post a picture of him the way he is today but will look out a photo of him as he was and present to you Muttley in his prime.

In the meantime.... this is Muttley aged 14 years after his major operation last year:
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back