Favourite Pink Floyd album?
Jan 28, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #62 of 106
Wow. Wow. On the fourth page and still nobody's voted for More????

More.

There I did it. Actually Meddle, DSotM, WYWH, and Animals are the core of their stuff, their real masterpieces. But theyre such a mental investment to really listen to (especially since I've heard 'em a million times) that I rarely pick them up.

More, on the other hand, for some reason is, for me, easily the most replayable PF album. I listen to it frequently, and I mean frequently. I dig Atom Heart Mother too, but once the title piece is over I'm done with it.

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #63 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More.

Funny. I've only listened through it once but it's easily the worst stuff I've heard from PF. People sure have different tastes.
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #65 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. I'm not really fond of where the band went after Barrett went batty.

Part of the reason for The Piper At the Gates of Dawn being Pink Floyd's masterpiece is do to Sid Barrett always being batty.Much of the greatest art this world has seen was created by people with mental illness.In many ways Floyd's debut album has never been topped.

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #66 of 106
If anyone hasn't read what the 'Concept' of The Division Bell is... Here is a great site that is very thourogh on the idea. "The Division Bell concept is unprecedented and truly unique."

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #67 of 106
Well i was about to make a "Favorite Pink Floyd album" thread, but i decided to search, and i found this. I have always thought that DSoTM was my favorite PF album, until i gave Animals a thorough listen-through a while ago. It is, at this point, my favorite album, of all time. I could listen to it on repeat for hours and not get tired of it.

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #71 of 106
Although I love DSOTM and WYWH and early floyd, my favorite was seeing them live and Roger Waters live too. It seemed more refreshing than hearing the studios albums, even though they are masterpieces.

Sorry if it's off topic.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #75 of 106
Favorite to least favorite (excluding soundtracks and compilations)

Wish You Were Here
Dark Side of the Moon - Piper At The Gates of Dawn (tie)
Meddle
Animals
The Wall
The Final Cut
Saucerful Of Secrets
Atom Heart Mother
The Division Bell
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Ummagumma

I really don't remember much of Division Bell and AMLOR. I never really listened to them more than a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back