Favourite Pink Floyd album?
May 1, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #91 of 106
I am disturbed by the number who favour 'division bell' or any of gilmour's nauseating bloated schmultz. it seems many only really discovered floyd with lapse and bell, then a few stumbled across the rest.

any so called floyd album in which waters wasn't tightly holding gilmour on a short leish - is simply not floyd IMO. imagine taking lennon and mcartney from the beatles...and that 5th beatle becoming lead for the next quarter century...

oh the joy in seeing gilmour releashed for 5 mins at london live 8!

reflecting on the importance of synergy, waters wasn't so crash hot on his own either. final cut is a virtual solo work (virtual therapy session would be closer to the mark) from him too, and it shows.

these are just my opinions!

piper

May 4, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #92 of 106
I would have to say:

1) Wish You Were Here
2) Dark Side Of The Moon
3) Meddle

I just can't get into Animals, no matter how hard I try
frown.gif

And I've heard the Wall tracks at one point or another over the years but I've never actually owned it for some reason, hehe.

But I think my all time favorite Pink Floyd song would have to be Comfortably Numb.

May 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #94 of 106
I really like Division Bell, and Momentary Lapse of Reason is terrible except for the fantastic On the Turning Away

Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Meddle are my top tier

Wall, Dark Side, Barrett's second tier

Final Cut, Division, Atom Heart, Ummagumma Live third

The rest, with only Ummagumma Studio being unlistenable.

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #95 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Wow. On the fourth page and still nobody's voted for More????

More.

There I did it. Actually Meddle, DSotM, WYWH, and Animals are the core of their stuff, their real masterpieces. But theyre such a mental investment to really listen to (especially since I've heard 'em a million times) that I rarely pick them up.

More, on the other hand, for some reason is, for me, easily the most replayable PF album. I listen to it frequently, and I mean frequently. I dig Atom Heart Mother too, but once the title piece is over I'm done with it.

More is also my favorite. It is so hard to find !...

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #97 of 106
Hello, is anybody in there?, just nod if u can hear me....... is there anyone home? c'mon now ..i hear u r feeling down, i can ease your pain

well if u r a PF fan u can guess the song?
biggrin.gif

thats my current album not fav though ..i have yet to hear it all

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #99 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by chroot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The recording quality is superb, and I really like the live energy of it.

i'm with you on this one, great performance per song. i still prefer the 'normal' discs for the 'story/line' they have but when i just need one song i pick Pulse.

for the rest:
WYWH
the Wall
animals
meddle (mainly just for echoes)

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #100 of 106
My Favourite: A Saucerful of Secrets.

Quote:

I am disturbed by the number who favour 'division bell' or any of gilmour's nauseating bloated schmultz. it seems many only really discovered floyd with lapse and bell, then a few stumbled across the rest.

Quite naive and self-minded opinion. It's solely a matter of preference. I think Roger has done a great deal to the band but Gilmour and Wright cannot be annuled in any way. I like the Lapse and Division Bell very much like I enjoy Animals and the Wall. However, my favourites are placed in the late 60s and early 70s in forms of Saucer, Atom Heart Mother and Meddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back