Favourite Pink Floyd album?
Jan 21, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 106
My two favorites are (in order) Wish You Were Here and Animals. After that, it really depends on my mood.

My least favorite is, without a doubt, The Final Cut. It's a brilliant album technically, but it's also dark, depressing, and I just don't like it.

Jan 22, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #24 of 106
Another vote for The Division Bell, but usually it depends on the mood yer in for choosing a fav PF album. Lately I've been getting into the trance remixes. So far I've gotten DSOTM, Meddle, Animals, Wish You Were Here and Absolutely Ambient. Nice change of pace
eggosmile.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #25 of 106
Animals here. All the anger of The Wall, with none of the filler and without Waters' voice overstepping its limits. More great Gilmour solos, too; the one in Pigs is just as good as the one in Comfortably Numb. I have to say, though, that DSOTM made more of an impact of me when I got it; it's just that it got overplayed real quick.

Jan 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #30 of 106
Not sure if I could pick just one, but Meddle ranks very high on the list, along with Obscured By Clouds. Meddle is interesting because it really straddles the line between the old PF, with collections of songs, and the Roger Waters era of their "concept" albums. Of the later stuff, I like Animals and WYWH the best, although DSotM is a classic, and I've spent countless hours listening to that album. The stuff after The Wall I find less interesting, although to be fair I've not delved too deeply into that part of their catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back