FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #1,786 of 1,991
Hi there, long time lurker here but some things have become unbecoming of the brand and I have to share my experience.

Initially ordered Maestro SE CIEM in November 2023 from their shop after auditioning it (The product is good, ngl.)

But there's where the nightmare begins.

As Yeo said it takes usually 8 weeks , but due to workload , expect additionally 3-4 weeks. I was fine with waiting slightly longer, but I guess that was a lie.

Today is March 15th, almost 4 MONTHS of waiting and guess what they say ? "QC" failed so they need another 3 weeks to "fix" things.

Im based in Singapore, so I'm happy to head down to the HQ and chase for anyone based overseas and experiencing long wait times.

p.s. My ear impressions are done in the shop, and I have to wait longer than getting FitEar CIEMS.

Proof as attached:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #1,787 of 1,991
Hi there, long time lurker here but some things have become unbecoming of the brand and I have to share my experience.

Initially ordered Maestro SE CIEM in November 2023 from their shop after auditioning it (The product is good, ngl.)

As Yeo said it takes usually 8 weeks , but due to workload , expect additionally 3-4 weeks. I was fine with waiting slightly longer, but I guess that was a lie.

Today is March 15th, almost 4 MONTHS of waiting and guess what they say ? "QC" failed so they need another 3 weeks to "fix" things.

Im based in Singapore, so I'm happy to head down to the HQ and chase for anyone based overseas and experiencing long wait times.

p.s. My ear impressions are done in the shop, and I have to wait longer than getting FitEar CIEMS.

Proof as attached:

I ordered my CIEM GM a day before you, and now it's in final sound check stages. But yes, 4 months wait is insane. And it's crazy that their QC failed and you have to delay another 3 weeks.

FF's inability to deal with the workload and affecting their QC will unfortunately be the downfall of their brand. And they are still taking orders (and giving discounts at CJ)....they should just temporarily limit additional orders so they can work on their existing workload without compromising QC.

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,788 of 1,991
I ordered my CIEM GM a day before you, and now it's in final sound check stages. But yes, 4 months wait is insane. And it's crazy that their QC failed and you have to delay another 3 weeks.

FF's inability to deal with the workload and affecting their QC will unfortunately be the downfall of their brand. And they are still taking orders (and giving discounts at CJ)....they should just temporarily limit additional orders so they can work on their existing workload without compromising QC.
First and last time buying from FF, period.

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,789 of 1,991
Hi @Sebastien Chiu, I’m reviewing the Scarlet Mini and Maestro Mini. (Loving the Maestro Mini a lot, btw.) If I like the sound signature of Maestro Mini but I want better resolution and imaging, which one in FF line up would be a recommendation? I need at least U12t level of technical performance.

And is there any where I can find more impressions about other FatFreq lines? I’m curious about the line for music directors. Edit: the signature series.
Sounds like a great candidate for a tour... I know I'd love the chance to give them a try!

Hi guys,

Got some clarification from the team on this.

Sakura:

We've gotten lot of feedback that the Sakura (especially with the bass switch on) sounds like a mini Traillii from Orolious.

The main difference between the two is that the Sakura has less mid bass and more vocal presence.

It is our current best seller all around in the pro audio space when in comes to monitoring and production work.

1710524589064.png

Hayabusa:

The Hayabusa is like the Sakura except for more high end extension as well as more "air." They are not reccomended for people who are very sensitive to treble.

Like our Maestro series, it also has basscannon tech but only an 8dB shelf to make thing sin the low end more focused on technicalities for it's general use case.

Maestro:

I got some questions on this one as well.

The non-SE Maestro is simply the Maestro SE without the massive bass shelf. It is more technical and also used by people in their audio side more commonly as a result.

Regarding upcoming tours:

There is a a Scarlet Mini tour underway. A second unit for the east coast is beginning soon.

There is a Grand Maestro tour estimated to begin sometime in early May.

There will likely be a Sakura/Hayabusa tour sometime in June/July.

Thanks, everyone!

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #1,790 of 1,991

Proof as attached:

First and last time buying from FF, period.

Hi @Syrellil,

Thanks for sharing your experience - I have reached out to the team to follow up with you!

Best,

-Seb

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #1,791 of 1,991
Unfortunate to see the customer service complaints. I am someone who pre-ordered early October, and my Scarlet Mini has recently arrived. I can now say that I am a proud owner, but there is no denying my patience was tested. Currently using with Artti Pure A3 cable and Tangzu Tang Sancai Wide Bore eartips. A great pairing for my ears, loving every session with them. Hope other customers reach resolution and can get to enjoying the music.
Scarlet.jpg

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #1,792 of 1,991

FF should seriously halt new orders and do something every business and retailer does when they can't fulfill orders in a timely fashion or make enough of a product quick enough without sacrificing QC: put OUT OF STOCK on their product pages and stop taking new orders.

I really wish FF had much better customer service and much shorter lead times on orders, as well as have better QC. They are a victim of their own success, but are unable/unwilling to properly scale with their success and profits.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #1,793 of 1,991
FF should seriously halt new orders and do something every business and retailer does when they can't fulfill orders in a timely fashion or make enough of a product quick enough without sacrificing QC: put OUT OF STOCK on their product pages and stop taking new orders.

I really wish FF had much better customer service and much shorter lead times on orders, as well as have better QC. They are a victim of their own success, but are unable/unwilling to properly scale with their success and profits.
100%. People waiting 4 months for an order + having QC issues and having to send it back wait another an extra 3 months for it to be fixed is absolutely ridiculous. I really want Fatfreq to succeed but this will be their downfall if they don't change things up.

I actually got quite pissed off when I saw them continually taking orders (with discounts) at CanJam. I know it's a norm there but holy crap do they not realize their backlog and QC issues? Just put a temporary hold on new orders. It's literally THAT simple.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,794 of 1,991
100%. People waiting 4 months for an order + having QC issues and having to send it back wait another an extra 3 months for it to be fixed is absolutely ridiculous. I really want Fatfreq to succeed but this will be their downfall if they don't change things up.

I actually got quite pissed off when I saw them continually taking orders (with discounts) at CanJam. I know it's a norm there but holy crap do they not realize their backlog and QC issues? Just put a temporary hold on new orders. It's literally THAT simple.
Imagine spending 4k for something and you get to wait 7 months just to get something YOU PAID FOR.

I hope more people share their purchase experience in terms of delays so that prospective buyers can get a true picture of what they are getting into.

It is only fair for people spending 2-4k on a IEM to know that they have to wait 5-7 month for something.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #1,795 of 1,991

They asked if I wanted to order a custom Grand Maestro because I expressed interest in it, but then I thought about my experience with the Scarlet Mini order. Kindly told them I'll think about it because it's a big investment.

I too want them to succeed (even more) because they are nice people, but they definitely need to stop being greedy and taking orders they can't fulfill in a timely fashion.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #1,796 of 1,991
They asked if I wanted to order a custom Grand Maestro because I expressed interest in it, but then I thought about my experience with the Scarlet Mini order. Kindly told them I'll think about it because it's a big investment.

I too want them to succeed (even more) because they are nice people, but they definitely need to stop being greedy and taking orders they can't fulfill in a timely fashion.

I have tried to get a refund as well because of the sour experience.

Guess what they said?

"Production has begun, so we cannot refund" even though they screwed up the production and have to tack on 3 weeks on top of my 4 months wait.

Not having a proper refund process is really the first red flag.

Do what you may with the information.

edit: Not too sure when the "limited warranty" starts, from purchase or from delivery. Imagine spending half your warranty time on waiting :)

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #1,797 of 1,991
Hey all,

I brought this up with Ben, and we will discuss the next steps over time.

Thanks for your feedback so far! Please keep it coming.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #1,799 of 1,991
Hey all,

I brought this up with Ben, and we will discuss the next steps over time.

Thanks for your feedback so far! Please keep it coming.

You know what will be a good next step?

Refund my order !

The initial misrepresentation from Yeo really soured the whole experience.

If you can’t make it in 8+3 weeks you have to let the consumer know.

Can you get Ben to give me a call to discuss service recovery ?

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,800 of 1,991
You know what will be a good next step?

Refund my order !

The initial misrepresentation from Yeo really soured the whole experience.

If you can’t make it in 8+3 weeks you have to let the consumer know.

Can you get Ben to give me a call to discuss service recovery ?

Thanks for your additional comment, it is noted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back