FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,771 of 1,991
@Sebastien Chiu took the photo of FatFreq's crew. I just corrected the colors and made it look better.

Also, please do not edit my photos. I'm very well aware of how I'm grading, it's my look - don't change that.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #1,772 of 1,991
Also, please do not edit my photos. I'm very well aware of how I'm grading, it's my look - don't change that.
My bad, switched it back to your magenta-filled "style." Didn't know you got offended by me trying to make it look better and more accurate.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #1,773 of 1,991
First of all, love my scarlet mini's for a unique flavour. Nice fit as well for me.

Unfortunately, my experience is soured by the ongoing lack of customer service others are experiencing.

@Sebastien Chiu - I am not 100% sure what your role mandate is, but perhaps you can provide everyone with some visibility on an action plan to turn this around.

No offence meant here, but the consistent messaging we are seeing from FF customers in this thread should surely be seen as a huge red flag.

Without consistent and genuine customer service, people will surely turn away.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #1,774 of 1,991
First of all, love my scarlet mini's for a unique flavour. Nice fit as well for me.

Unfortunately, my experience is soured by the ongoing lack of customer service others are experiencing.

@Sebastien Chiu - I am not 100% sure what your role mandate is, but perhaps you can provide everyone with some visibility on an action plan to turn this around.

No offence meant here, but the consistent messaging we are seeing from FF customers in this thread should surely be seen as a huge red flag.

I haven't received my GM yet but if I do and it fails within the next few years (which it shouldn't for something that costs 2 kidneys and half a lung), I'll take my business elsewhere.

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #1,775 of 1,991
My bad, switched it back to your magenta-filled "style." Didn't know you got offended by me trying to make it look better and more accurate.

In the photography world where I come from, it is a rule of thumb to not edit the work of others. Just clarifying that expectation.

I am not offended, apologies if lack of tone over text made it seem that seem that way.

The way my role is built doesn’t allow for direct customer service to be provided, it only allows for me to manually forward requests along and communicate other concerns to the team.

This isn’t just because of my role - it’s also because of how the forum operates. Community managers are ideally never the same as customer support. The lines have been tried to be blurred in the past with other clients I have worked with and it is got too messy, too fast for everyone.

You can always PM me with your experience, I will listen and send your request up the chain.

No offense taken as well.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #1,777 of 1,991
I haven't received my GM yet but if I do and it fails within the next few years (which it shouldn't for something that costs 2 kidneys and half a lung), I'll take my business elsewhere.
You shouldn't have to wait that long indeed for a pair of IEM (is it a custom?). I think FF is victim of its success, especially since they have put out on the market a somewhat more affordable option like the Scarlett. They don't seem to be able to keep up with the orders in relation to their size.

My second GM, with custom faceplates, is due this month according to the support but we will see...

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #1,778 of 1,991
You shouldn't have to wait that long indeed for a pair of IEM (is it a custom?). I think FF is victim of its success, especially since they have put out on the market a somewhat more affordable option like the Scarlett. They don't seem to be able to keep up with the orders in relation to their size.

My second GM, with custom faceplates, is due this month according to the support but we will see...
Yeah its CIEM, next weekend would be exactly 4 months from date of order (Nov 24, 2023), but Ellie just told me my CIEM is completed and they are just doing final sound checks, so hoping it gets shipped out by end of this week and arrives to me before next weekend (assuming UK customs dont hold onto it).

Yeah they are too small of a boutique company to be able to handle the amount of orders they have. They really have to expand their company or stop taking orders IMO. I would be severely depressed if the CIEM GM I waited 4 months for stops working shortly due to QC issues.

When did you place your custom GM order? I hope you'll get it this month but I wouldn't bet much on it... What faceplates did you choose? I chose the MSE one because the blue is magical!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #1,779 of 1,991

I ordered my scarlet Oct 10th 2023 and they're arriving today.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #1,780 of 1,991
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #1,781 of 1,991
Yeah its CIEM, next weekend would be exactly 4 months from date of order (Nov 24, 2023), but Ellie just told me my CIEM is completed and they are just doing final sound checks, so hoping it gets shipped out by end of this week and arrives to me before next weekend (assuming UK customs dont hold onto it).

Yeah they are too small of a boutique company to be able to handle the amount of orders they have. They really have to expand their company or stop taking orders IMO. I would be severely depressed if the CIEM GM I waited 4 months for stops working shortly due to QC issues.

When did you place your custom GM order? I hope you'll get it this month but I wouldn't bet much on it... What faceplates did you choose? I chose the MSE one because the blue is magical!
They received it about a month ago but mine is just a reshell with the Cherise design (4x & 6x). Yes i would be pleasantly surprised to get it this month...Hopefully the craze will taper off at some point. Those Scarletts make people giggle a little too much if you ask me! At least i have another GM home to wait in the meantime.

No issue with my MSE and current GM for now and they seem solidly built (better than the UMs i have...) besides the less than ideal upgrade cable. If that's reassuring from that standpoint.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #1,782 of 1,991
Hi @Sebastien Chiu, I’m reviewing the Scarlet Mini and Maestro Mini. (Loving the Maestro Mini a lot, btw.) If I like the sound signature of Maestro Mini but I want better resolution and imaging, which one in FF line up would be a recommendation? I need at least U12t level of technical performance.

And is there any where I can find more impressions about other FatFreq lines? I’m curious about the line for music directors. Edit: the signature series.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #1,783 of 1,991
Hi @Sebastien Chiu, I’m reviewing the Scarlet Mini and Maestro Mini. (Loving the Maestro Mini a lot, btw.) If I like the sound signature of Maestro Mini but I want better resolution and imaging, which one in FF line up would be a recommendation? I need at least U12t level of technical performance.

And is there any where I can find more impressions about other FatFreq lines? I’m curious about the line for music directors. Edit: the signature series.

We haven't begun pushing that line in our neck of the woods yet, so you will be hard-pressed to find impressions. I also unfortunately didn't have time to check them out yet, so wouldn't feel comfortable recommending one.

I'll ask the team if we have something similar to the U12t. I would probably guess the Sakura or Hayabusa, but I have no idea what they sound like now. Hold that thought!

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #1,784 of 1,991
We haven't begun pushing that line in our neck of the woods yet, so you will be hard-pressed to find impressions. I also unfortunately didn't have time to check them out yet, so wouldn't feel comfortable recommending one.

Sounds like a great candidate for a tour... I know I'd love the chance to give them a try!

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #1,785 of 1,991
Sounds like a great candidate for a tour... I know I'd love the chance to give them a try!

Grand Maestro up next but yes, Sakura/Hayabusa is on my want list too for after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back