- the MM are very tips dependent
- stock cable is unusable
- the MM need power and not just a bit
- the subbass is real, physical experience going on in my ears ❤️
- great separation between the lows, the mids and the highs
- technicalities are more than correct
- enjoyable wide soundstage
- shells are solid and the faceplates look great

The MM are the guilty pleasure bassheads should treat themselves with. Cannot go wrong here.

Waiting for a proper cable to arrive in the mail, I choose a generic copper cable in the USD 50.- segment to replace the stock one.

Regarding the tips, the Symbio W Peel are offering the best seal and a full bass experience while letting the other frequencies playing their role.
89386CC3-FD8A-4CD7-9FCB-8B3BD5BEC6A0.jpeg

Here are the tracks that put a big wide smile on my face a few minutes ago:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #155 of 2,043
My MM have landed this morning. These look quite nice😎

936BB33A-E0F0-42DF-9F7A-F55C7E4CBD7C.jpeg
31BDB3C5-B451-4F00-ACCD-F626860B849F.jpeg

Initial impressions confirm what I was expecting from these mini subwoof’:

The MM are the guilty pleasure bassheads should treat themselves with. Cannot go wrong here.

Waiting for a proper cable to arrive in the mail, I choose a generic copper cable in the USD 50.- segment to replace the stock one.

Regarding the tips, the Symbio W Peel are offering the best seal and a full bass experience while letting the other frequencies playing their role.

Congratulations! Glad you are so happy with it!

I couldn't resist, going in blind and bought the Maestro SE. This looks like something I'd enjoy a lot for special use cases based entirely off of the graph. Seems to have overall positive impressions, looking forward to trying it out when it arrives!

We need more impressions of this guy! Is there a thread started for the Maestro SE yet?

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #157 of 2,043
I have no clue, I've just been following this one.
Congrats and please share your impressions of them when you get them!

Feel free to use this thread for all things Fatfreq... I know I have been :) I guess I should probably change the thread title to make that clearer.

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #159 of 2,043
Congrats and please share your impressions of them when you get them!

Feel free to use this thread for all things Fatfreq... I know I have been :) I guess I should probably change the thread title to make that clearer.

In my experience, it's better to do a singular brand thread and then product threads for the major line members.

With FatFreq becoming more well known, figured I would be able to help them out a little in that process.

Discussion of the Maestro SE can go here for clarity's sake, so this thread can be for the mini (or become the main brand thread as an alternative?)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fatfreq-maestro-se-the-king-of-top-of-the-line-bass.965973/

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #160 of 2,043
In my experience, it's better to do a singular brand thread and then product threads for the major line members.

With FatFreq becoming more well known, figured I would be able to help them out a little in that process.

Discussion of the Maestro SE can go here for clarity's sake, so this thread can be for the mini (or become the main brand thread as an alternative?)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fatfreq-maestro-se-the-king-of-top-of-the-line-bass.965973/
I agree, better to get a single place for all things Fatfreq, noob mistake on my part. I'll change this thread title accordingly... it would definitely be nice to get more impressions of the SE regardless of thread!

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #161 of 2,043
Really liking the MM. Does it also come in custom fit?

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #162 of 2,043
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #163 of 2,043
@F700 u said "- the MM need power and not just a bit"

Im going to buy new fiio k7, i heard it will be nice?

"- stock cable is unusable"

Well so it's not only my OP xD

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #164 of 2,043
Initial impressions confirm what I was expecting from these mini subwoof’:

A question has been burning in my mind - which driver controls the midrange? Is it the DD or the BA? FatFreq did not answer this question for me. What do you think @F700 ? Does the mid sound similar to, let's say, the Serial? I mean the timbre and the tonality? Of course, there will be differences, but what is your feeling - is it BA or is it DD?

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #165 of 2,043
A question has been burning in my mind - which driver controls the midrange? Is it the DD or the BA? FatFreq did not answer this question for me. What do you think @F700 ? Does the mid sound similar to, let's say, the Serial? I mean the timbre and the tonality? Of course, there will be differences, but what is your feeling - is it BA or is it DD?
Good question @Ace Bee For me it’s clearly a BA midrange, until proven otherwise. Serial’s midrange is more lush, fuller and better textured. The MM have slightly recessed mids and eventhough they are well separated from the lows, there is nothing « special » about them. It’s quite a performance to tune a set like this, where the subbass pounds so hard and clear, without overshadowing the rest of the frequencies. Still, the MM are no allrounders by any means and it’s a kind of a niche product. Overall, I prefer the Serial over the MM, but the FatFreq’s effort fulfills one important target: giving the bassheads what they truly want with an appropriate management of the mids and highs. It’s a set that will find its (wide) audience, I guess.
@F700 u said "- the MM need power and not just a bit"

Im going to buy new fiio k7, i heard it will be nice?

"- stock cable is unusable"

Well so it's not only my OP xD
Oh yeah, a FiiO K7 should do well, no problem.

By saying that the stock cable is unusable, I wanted to say in an exaggerated way, that it definitely doesn’t meet today’s standard in terms of comfort and design. It does its job soundwise, but nowadays there are too many options to replace such a thing that it just cannot be ignored.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back