FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Nov 30, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #136 of 2,017
Nov 30, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #137 of 2,017
Curiosity took the best of me (as usual). Baby subwoof’ ordered.

Looking forward to putting them against my Z1R, EST50 and E5000.
I don't think that's a good idea. We already have a huge bass shelf with the Mini.

EX800ST needed the tape mod to get the bass up there.

DHL says my Mini will arrive Next Tuesday. :L3000:

Enjoy guys! I look forward to your thoughts for all fo us bass heads interested!

K7 is a good choice with 6 times the power and THX amp stage. I'm thinking about getting one for my desktop computer as well.
Maestros take some power because of all the damping, I'd keep an eye out for a 2 pin, 4.4 mm aftermarket cable as well to get that extra balanced juice!

Yes, they do. They scale well with balanced and higher-end sources. I have a BTr7, and the power it outputs would be a great match for the Maestro Mini.

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #139 of 2,017
Is it possible to change the câble of the Maestro Mini and change it for the Sure TW2S (With the correct adapter) ?
The plug holes Maestro Mini doesn't have any deep recesses(or any recess at all) or weird notches - so they should fit any 2-pin adapter, but I'm not sure if the design of the Shure's earhooks make any difference to the fit/comfort, esp. with an adapter.

I don't have any experience with the Shure TW2S, but in case it is helpful, I use my MMs with a Fiio UTWS5(2-pin version; no adapter) and find that they work well for me - https://fiio.com/utws5_parameters - perhaps you can compare the spec sheet with the TW2S specs.

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #141 of 2,017
I've had mine for a couple of months, but find that for me personally I need to EQ to get to the slam and rumble I'm after. Anyone else here EQing more bass in?
yep im also adding 3-4 db :D

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #142 of 2,017
Dec 1, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #143 of 2,017
yep im also adding 3-4 db
Nice one! :call_me:

I'm very new to sources and EQing(is there a right/wrong way to do it?) - I just move the sliders around until it's enough. This is how I'm livin'
Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.42.12.png

Dec 3, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #144 of 2,017
You mean the Maestro's Mini design has been updated to include a protection grill?
Yes. it has a grill and I put a silver cable on it. After burn in this thing sounds very coherent and awesome. Initially treble was very spicy, bass wasn't as refined and not very coherent which is why I think if you're not patient, you'll think you wasted $599.

Also, if a song doesn't have that BASS! it will not show up, but if a song has that real deep BASS, you'll be caught off guard when that low bass note drops. On some songs I'm like wow. Love this IEM.

I've gone back to the MoonDrop Spring tips now which is the best of both worlds. you still get that BASS but the mids and treble come through nicely vs a narrower type tips. With these tips, this IEM is quite versatile and usable for other genres with it's Oriolus Traillii kinda sound sig (above 250Hz)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #145 of 2,017
Yes. it has a grill and I put a silver cable on it. After burn in this thing sounds very coherent and awesome. Also, if a song doesn't have that BASS! it will not show up, but if a song has that real deep BASS, you'll be caught off guard when that low bass note drops. Love this IEM.
Nice! which cable did you put on? I'm in the market for a silver cable right now, but I didn't realize that cables could get so expensive

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #146 of 2,017
Dec 3, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #148 of 2,017
Dec 3, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #149 of 2,017

THIEAUDIO EST Cable MKII

Sounds really good for only $69. I also have their Oceania Silver, copper, palladium Cable which sounds more holographic @$199
Thieaudio cables are great modular options.
FYI, Oceania doesn't have any copper in it, it is pure silver with palladium coating. I use it on my V16, it's a great cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back