FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Nov 13, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #107 of 1,983
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #108 of 1,983
No doubt. But there are also ways to mitigate it, like we see in 64 Audio's products.

Even Crinacle mentions it as something that is unacceptable.
The Grand Maestro is literally a Maestro SE with a vented 'open' module installed standard, exactly like 64 audio's apex modules (it also has a toggle switch to vocal mode, but that's a different discussion). It looks close enough, that if I owned any apex modules I would be really tempted just to try them outright. In any case, the standard open module equalizes pressure in the same way and should be equally effective at reducing driver flex :)

I myself don't particularly mind the effect in traditional IEMs (a good seal is COZY). That said, even with the vacuum tight custom shell seal, I have not experienced any driver flex on my Grand Maestro with standard module installed.

Nov 14, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #109 of 1,983
Are there any air vents (holes) on the Mini? If yes is taping them changing sound? I still rock Sonys ex800st, just interested. Thx !!

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #110 of 1,983
Are there any air vents (holes) on the Mini? If yes is taping them changing sound? I still rock Sonys ex800st, just interested. Thx !!
Man I love my Sony ex800st. I've been rocking them with G5, cayin n3pro and my kaei tube amp. The timbre and realism of these are insane Imho. Not even my kilobuck iems can compete when it comes to sounding natural. They're a software engineer or anybody working from home dream for long listening sessions

On the other hand, I hear the Grand maestro se is the goat of iems. Bggar says it's the best thing smoking right now. Better than Traillii, elysian x etc....

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #112 of 1,983
The Grand Maestro is literally a Maestro SE with a vented 'open' module installed standard, exactly like 64 audio's apex modules (it also has a toggle switch to vocal mode, but that's a different discussion). It looks close enough, that if I owned any apex modules I would be really tempted just to try them outright. In any case, the standard open module equalizes pressure in the same way and should be equally effective at reducing driver flex :)

I myself don't particularly mind the effect in traditional IEMs (a good seal is COZY). That said, even with the vacuum tight custom shell seal, I have not experienced any driver flex on my Grand Maestro with standard module installed.
Thanks!

I the happy owner of Fatfreq's Musician V2 and have been eager to hear what they can do with a dynamic driver.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #113 of 1,983
Curiosity took the best of me (as usual). Baby subwoof’ ordered.

Looking forward to putting them against my Z1R, EST50 and E5000.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #114 of 1,983
I don't think that's a good idea. We already have a huge bass shelf with the Mini.

EX800ST needed the tape mod to get the bass up there.

DHL says my Mini will arrive Next Tuesday. :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #115 of 1,983
Guys i got fiio q3 and i wanna get something better for maestro mini

Zen ifi dac v2 or new fiio k7? i listen only desktop so no portable needed.

q3 bass is very controlled but i need more meat for MM, but im afraid on ifi the sound could get a little worse

thats why maybe new fiio k7?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #116 of 1,983
Guys i got fiio q3 and i wanna get something better for maestro mini

Zen ifi dac v2 or new fiio k7? i listen only desktop so no portable needed.

q3 bass is very controlled but i need more meat for MM, but im afraid on ifi the sound could get a little worse

thats why maybe new fiio k7?
K7 is a good choice with 6 times the power and THX amp stage. I'm thinking about getting one for my desktop computer as well.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #117 of 1,983
K7 is a good choice with 6 times the power and THX amp stage. I'm thinking about getting one for my desktop computer as well.
It will be here in Poland somewhere in december :)

Nov 19, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #119 of 1,983
Nice...Enjoy the winter with good music. I see it's 24 Degrees F brrrrr. it's only 61F in Los Angeles and I'm freezing lol
Give me that 61f :jecklinsmile:already miss april or may xd

Sory for OT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back