FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Dec 5, 2022 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 633
1670265884800.png

FatFreq Maestro SE

To perform your best, hearing high-resolution mixes is not enough - you have to feel it pumping in your veins.

Packed with Tribrid technology, Maestro SE utilizes a combination of Dynamic, Balanced armature, and Quad electrostatic drivers for best-in-class airiness on the highs and ultra-highs, supported with a powerful yet controlled low-end for ultimate head-thumping goodness!

Now available in Universal-fit, Maestro SE is the ultimate end-game monitor for anyone looking to take their music experience to the highest level.

UNIVERSAL: USD1800 or SGD2550

CUSTOM:USD2070 or SGD2800

Graph from Crinacle

1670266022284.png

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 633
Trying to find more info on this guy but figured I would get a thread going anyways so things don't get confused with the Maestro Mini.

Excited to hear more impressions of this guy soon, from you all!

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 633
Anyone have any idea how long they usually take to ship orders? Ordered a Maestro SE yesterday. :)
They told me they're working on a large bulk order for one of their customers, and the usual lead time for their universals went from 7 days to 3 weeks if i ordered that day. that was a week ago so maybe 2 weeks from now

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #7 of 633
Anyone have any idea how long they usually take to ship orders? Ordered a Maestro SE yesterday. :)
My MSE arrived today. It took them 2 weeks but there were some delays because they changed the stock cable.

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 633
Looking forward to your thoughts!
I will try it later. I'm a bit apprehensive as the shells look big, hopefully I can get a good fit. It comes in a rather simple pelican case. The new cable looks decent and it has modular terminations.

Dec 6, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 633
PXL_20221206_191808041.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221206_191820866.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221206_191944078.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221206_191955477.PORTRAIT.jpg

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #11 of 633
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 633
First impressions:
- excellent build quality;
- the shells are fairly larger, probably ideal for medium to large ears, so it could be a con for some people. I have a very thight fit, hopefully no problems with long sessions. I would recommend custom fit for those interested in the MSE;
- the MSE is relatively hard to drive, they need power; I need high gain with the iBasso DX320 to sound properly;
- Fantastic coherence for a multi hybrid IEM with 12 drivers per side;
- Testing Angel from Massive Attack my ears were physically abused from the most thunderous bass I've heard from a IEM. It rumbles, you really can feel it;
- Bold and powerful bass as advertised but with exceptional control and clarity, no bass bleed. It's just amazing, like a sub-woofer;
- Excellent mids and instruments separation for such a bass heavy set;
- Neutral treble with some spark extension;
- I think it might work well with most genres, it sounds fairly good with rock and metal;
- Not much else to say, probably not the best for vocal centric music, but it sounds natural to my ears.

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #13 of 633
First impressions:
- excellent build quality;
- the shells are fairly larger, probably ideal for medium to large ears, so it could be a con for some people. I have a very thight fit, hopefully no problems with long sessions. I would recommend custom fit for those interested in the MSE;
- the MSE is relatively hard to drive, they need power; I need high gain with the iBasso DX320 to sound properly;
- Fantastic coherence for a multi hybrid IEM with 12 drivers per side;
- Testing Angel from Massive Attack my ears were physically abused from the most thunderous bass I've heard from a IEM. It rumbles, you really can feel it;
- Bold and powerful bass as advertised but with exceptional control and clarity, no bass bleed. It's just amazing, like a sub-woofer;
- Excellent mids and instruments separation for such a bass heavy set;
- Neutral treble with some spark extension;
- I think it might work well with most genres, it sounds fairly good with rock and metal;
- Not much else to say, probably not the best for vocal centric music, but it sounds natural to my ears.

Sounds right up my alley!

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 633
Paired Impi cable by @doctorjuggles with the MSE and it just elevates everything to stratospheric levels, even more bass control and treble extension. Inertia Creeps sounds sublime.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 633
Paired Impi cable by @doctorjuggles with the MSE and it just elevates everything to stratospheric levels, even more bass control and treble extension. Inertia Creeps sounds sublime.

Doctors Juggles makes great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back