FatFreq Grand Maestro
Feb 29, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #166 of 252
3 months lead time is quite long... that clearly puts me off considering going for it...
They really need to update the banner on their website:

Picsart_24-02-29_11-49-02-732.jpg

And no, this isn't in jest, it's factual.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #167 of 252
I actually hear from my local community they are really having hard time with so many demand. The problem is their QC is also affected. A lot of unit sent out with a lot of defect and bad parts and when the owner ask for repair(i also hear they ask for money for a broken part which is not from the owner fault, i dont know whether its true or not) he need to wait for extra months which is unacceptable..

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #168 of 252
I actually hear from my local community they are really having hard time with so many demand. The problem is their QC is also affected. A lot of unit sent out with a lot of defect and bad parts and when the owner ask for repair(i also hear they ask for money for a broken part which is not from the owner fault, i dont know whether its true or not) he need to wait for extra months which is unacceptable..
Is this recently? I thought they were getting better.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #169 of 252
I wish FatFreq offered refunds, to be honest.
I waited 2-3 months to receive my custom Grand Maestro, only to have it fail a couple of short months later.

Since sending it in, I have not heard anything about the status of my RMA.
Similarly, it has been over three months.

A lot of money to spend for very little service and a defective final product.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #170 of 252
I wish FatFreq offered refunds, to be honest.
I waited 2-3 months to receive my custom Grand Maestro, only to have it fail a couple of short months later.

Since sending it in, I have not heard anything about the status of my RMA.
Similarly, it has been over three months.

A lot of money to spend for very little service and a defective final product.
This is disappointing. This makes me nervous about my GM too. It's unfortunate that I cannot find any IEMs similar to the GM from companies that don't have all these QC + wait time issues.

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #171 of 252
I'm glad I read this thread is all I gotta say

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #172 of 252
You see i hear from someone i knew in the audio community, he despise this brand. Hearing this i was very sad because my GM sound wonderful but after looking up the issue and hearing issues here and there i can understand. Its not only QC issue but customer service, communication, and the experience after having to wait for a long time and many more. It is sad actually...Maybe my unit is the lucky one that last for a year until today and i have enjoy using it since day one. I hope FF starting to see there is a big hiccup here that need to be fixed ASAP.
This is disappointing. This makes me nervous about my GM too. It's unfortunate that I cannot find any IEMs similar to the GM from companies that don't have all these QC + wait time issues.
Exactly very disappointing for such great sounding IEM. What other TOTL have you tried? Have you tried the Raven / Fei wan?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #173 of 252
You see i hear from someone i knew in the audio community, he despise this brand. Hearing this i was very sad because my GM sound wonderful but after looking up the issue and hearing issues here and there i can understand. Its not only QC issue but customer service, communication, and the experience after having to wait for a long time and many more. It is sad actually...Maybe my unit is the lucky one that last for a year until today and i have enjoy using it since day one. I hope FF starting to see there is a big hiccup here that need to be fixed ASAP.

Exactly very disappointing for such great sounding IEM. What other TOTL have you tried? Have you tried the Raven / Fei wan?
I have tried Raven, didn't understand the hype. Great bass but that's about it. Maybe fit was an issue for me, idk. Haven't tried Fei Wan yet. Other than VEX, Storm, Raven, Rn6, I haven't tried any newer TOTLs yet.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #174 of 252
I have tried Raven, didn't understand the hype. Great bass but that's about it. Maybe fit was an issue for me, idk. Haven't tried Fei Wan yet. Other than VEX, Storm, Raven, Rn6, I haven't tried any newer TOTLs yet.
Oh ? Was GM comparable or even might be subjectively better for you compared to those TOTL? I have tried some hyped TOTL too except Raven and Feiwan. Last time i tried new Anni and it have great treble and details but overall didnt like the presentation. GM still sound so good until today.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #175 of 252
Oh ? Was GM comparable or even might be subjectively better for you compared to those TOTL? I have tried some hyped TOTL too except Raven and Feiwan. Last time i tried new Anni and it have great treble and details but overall didnt like the presentation. GM still sound so good until today.
GM was the best sounding IEM I've ever heard (barring the Storm, which was technically better but less engaging, twice the price, and fit was problematic).

Annihilator has incredible treble, best I've heard, but I couldn't accept the bass quality for that price.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #176 of 252
GM was the best sounding IEM I've ever heard (barring the Storm, which was technically better but less engaging, twice the price, and fit was problematic).

Annihilator has incredible treble, best I've heard, but I couldn't accept the bass quality for that price.
I cant accept Storm price when GM is still around hahahahaa and last time i try Storm i didnt like there is a noticable BA timbre there if only there is no such timbre that iem is a beast for sure, the stage and holographicness was very good. But... i dont think Storm can play all genre well.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #177 of 252
I cant accept Storm price when GM is still around hahahahaa and last time i try Storm i didnt like there is a noticable BA timbre there if only there is no such timbre that iem is a beast for sure, the stage and holographicness was very good. But... i dont think Storm can play all genre well.
I do think Storm can play all genre well, but it's weird in that Storm presents music in the most pure and perfect reproduction, and yet I'm sitting there knowing that I'm getting the most resolved, unadulterated presentation of music, and yet for some reason I'm not engaged.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #178 of 252
You guys should try the Nostalgia Audio XWB tips with GM man... it add more thickness to the notes while maintaining the spacious stage. For people who love thick sound. I have let go Dunu SnS tips now.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #179 of 252
You guys should try the Nostalgia Audio XWB tips with GM man... it add more thickness to the notes while maintaining the spacious stage. For people who love thick sound. I have let go Dunu SnS tips now.
I've never liked Dunu SnS tips, they always gripped to my ears too much, making them really uncomfortable to wear after half an hour or so.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #180 of 252
I've never liked Dunu SnS tips, they always gripped to my ears too much, making them really uncomfortable to wear after half an hour or so.
It has a very unique shape and very hard to get a good seal. Fit weird too. I was using L size and fit fine with my ear. Sound wise it has big stage and balanced sound but there is some shoutiness in the upper mid with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back