FatFreq Grand Maestro
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #181 of 252
Finally, after 4 months 😭

Screenshot_20240322-120033~2.jpg

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #182 of 252
Finally, after 4 months 😭

Hory sh.... i thought you already have GM?? So you waited 4 months?! Unbelievable. Recently i bought ZMF AO it was estimated 2month but somehow Zach did it faster, it has not been a month passed, even when the orders were a lot. Is making small IEM take longer time compared to artistic Headphone like ZMF?! 4 months?! Not acceptable. I hope your unit last like mine.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #184 of 252
Hory sh.... i thought you already have GM?? So you waited 4 months?! Unbelievable. Recently i bought ZMF AO it was estimated 2month but somehow Zach did it faster, it has not been a month passed, even when the orders were a lot. Is making small IEM take longer time compared to artistic Headphone like ZMF?! 4 months?! Not acceptable. I hope your unit last like mine.
Nope, all my impressions of GM so far have been based on my CanJam 2023 demo memory. I didn't have GM at hand, but hopefully will in the next 1-2 weeks 😂

I numbed myself alot to be able to wait 4 months. It was definitely very difficult. Yes, I hope my unit has no issue too!

(Although they did sent me pics/videos of my finalised IEMs, and there seems to already be QC issues with the module based on the pics/videos).

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #185 of 252
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #186 of 252
Nope, all my impressions of GM so far have been based on my CanJam 2023 demo memory. I didn't have GM at hand, but hopefully will in the next 1-2 weeks 😂

I numbed myself alot to be able to wait 4 months. It was definitely very difficult. Yes, I hope my unit has no issue too!

(Although they did sent me pics/videos of my finalised IEMs, and there seems to already be QC issues with the module based on the pics/videos).
What QC issue ? Can you share the video? Curious. Have they fixed it?

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #187 of 252
What QC issue ? Can you share the video? Curious. Have they fixed it?

I can share screenshots from the video. I'll put in brackets Ellie's response)

1) Left IEM module doesn't seem to be straight. Not sure if an issue with shell or module not inserted properly or just camera angles (Ellie said it is camera angles, she will send me more pics/vids before shipping)
Screenshot_20240322-144953~2.jpg

------------------

2) Black module has a circular indentation in the centre that's not usually present. (Ellie says it doesn't affect sound performance but she will replace the module)
Screenshot_20240322-155817~2.jpg

------------

3) I'm not particularly satisfied with how they designed my faceplate, especially the signature. But I'm not gonna bother anymore because it can't be fixed and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

-------------

I'll attach Ellie's reply below regarding issues (1) and (2).

Screenshot_20240324-032602~2.jpg

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #188 of 252
I can share screenshots from the video. I'll put in brackets Ellie's response)

1) Left IEM module doesn't seem to be straight. Not sure if an issue with shell or module not inserted properly or just camera angles (Ellie said it is camera angles, she will send me more pics/vids before shipping)
Screenshot_20240322-144953~2.jpg

------------------

2) Black module has a circular indentation in the centre that's not usually present. (Ellie says it doesn't affect sound performance but she will replace the module)
Screenshot_20240322-155817~2.jpg

------------

3) I'm not particularly satisfied with how they designed my faceplate, especially the signature. But I'm not gonna bother anymore because it can't be fixed and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

-------------

I'll attach Ellie's reply below regarding issues (1) and (2).

Screenshot_20240324-032602~2.jpg
Is this CIEM Grand Maestro? The shape somehow look a bit different than usual. Did you design the faceplate by yourself or they design it for you?

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #189 of 252
Is this CIEM Grand Maestro? The shape somehow look a bit different than usual. Did you design the faceplate by yourself or they design it for you?
Yes CIEM GM. Yes I designed the FP myself, I even gave them sketches of how I want my designs placed.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #190 of 252
Yes CIEM GM. Yes I designed the FP myself, I even gave them sketches of how I want my designs placed.
I see thats why it does look different that the universal GM. Hope all is good with yours. You wont regret how GM sound its amazing. I have tried a lot of IEM from community catchup here and there and i still can say GM competes. Also the switch and module change the sound a lot which mean you wont need to buy another iem for long time lol.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #191 of 252
I see thats why it does look different that the universal GM. Hope all is good with yours. You wont regret how GM sound its amazing. I have tried a lot of IEM from community catchup here and there and i still can say GM competes. Also the switch and module change the sound a lot which mean you wont need to buy another iem for long
You used to have the Monarch MK2s right? How do you find GM mids (black module vocal off) vs MMK2, particularly female vocals?

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #192 of 252
You used to have the Monarch MK2s right? How do you find GM mids (black module vocal off) vs MMK2, particularly female vocals?
Yep i used to have mmk2. Cmon not a fair comparison hahaha. I do find mmk2 vocals are neutral in tonality i can say it is more boring compared to GM vocal switch. Mmk2 is good with the price range. As far as i remember mmk2 sounded thinner compared to GM. GM vocal switch are thick, romantic, spacious, natural. It is beautiful a lot of people who have demo ed GM vocal say that it is almost resemble aroma jewel vocal. Mmk2 is not in GM weight class.

I was listening to the new FFvii rebirth aerith theme "no promises to keep" and it is beautifull.

Have you received yours?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #193 of 252
Yep i used to have mmk2. Cmon not a fair comparison hahaha. I do find mmk2 vocals are neutral in tonality i can say it is more boring compared to GM vocal switch. Mmk2 is good with the price range. As far as i remember mmk2 sounded thinner compared to GM. GM vocal switch are thick, romantic, spacious, natural. It is beautiful a lot of people who have demo ed GM vocal say that it is almost resemble aroma jewel vocal. Mmk2 is not in GM weight class.

I was listening to the new FFvii rebirth aerith theme "no promises to keep" and it is beautifull.

Have you received yours?
Yeah that's with vocal switch on right? But I was asking about vocal comparison with vocal switch off 😅

Nope haven't received mine yet, it's shipped already though, ETA next week!

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #194 of 252
Yeah that's with vocal switch on right? But I was asking about vocal comparison with vocal switch off 😅

Oh sorry i didnt read properly. With switch off... it was ok i think mmk2 win here. The switch off was more oriented towards the bass. The bass become stronger tighter deeper textured which is satisfying for basshead. The vocal is ok for me but not mindblowing like the switch on. What i notice with switch off is the lack of air and i think the vocal become thinner. Definitely suited for bassy genre and enjoy some night club session. This is all on black module i have not switch to blue module for a year hahaha.

Edit: so i tried the switch off with some pop / vocals. The vocals is almost similar to switch on, it has enough air but the sub bass was very strong that it somehow overshadow the vocals with a lot of rumbles. The lower end of the vocals become a bit thicker. But still sound thinner compared to switch on. What i also notice with switch off was the decay become shorter. The uppermid somehow have a bit more shoutiness. Overall the vocals sound similar to switch on but there is wonkiness here and there which make it sound less natural compared to switch on. It was less holographic compared to switch on. I can say the switch off is V shape from my experience.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #195 of 252

Thank you for keeping us posted here, the team appreciates your consistent feedback!

Oh sorry i didnt read properly. With switch off... it was ok i think mmk2 win here. The switch off was more oriented towards the bass. The bass become stronger tighter deeper textured which is satisfying for basshead. The vocal is ok for me but not mindblowing like the switch on. What i notice with switch off is the lack of air and i think the vocal become thinner. Definitely suited for bassy genre and enjoy some night club session. This is all on black module i have not switch to blue module for a year hahaha.

Edit: so i tried the switch off with some pop / vocals. The vocals is almost similar to switch on, it has enough air but the sub bass was very strong that it somehow overshadow the vocals with a lot of rumbles. The lower end of the vocals become a bit thicker. But still sound thinner compared to switch on. What i also notice with switch off was the decay become shorter. The uppermid somehow have a bit more shoutiness. Overall the vocals sound similar to switch on but there is wonkiness here and there which make it sound less natural compared to switch on. It was less holographic compared to switch on. I can say the switch off is V shape from my experience.

Thanks @Pelilin, we appreciate the comparison. Hopefully it is of some help to people in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back