FatFreq Grand Maestro
May 8, 2023 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 252

hawgrider

Head-Fier
FatFreq Grand Maestro just arrived. Come with a large bulky leather case, that is good quality and fits everything well, but not pocketable. Nice quality copper/SPC modular cable with 3.5 2.5 4.4 included. Three pair tips. Cleaning tool. Only one NOAH module included, if these follow 64Audio venting protocol, the included set appears it will perform similar to MX module based on vent sizing. (I confirmed with FatFreq that only one module is included, so knew going in). Additional modules with be about $100 per pair as they become available. I have the second one en route when stock is available. tuning switch’s are on top of the iem and are not recessed, so no need for a tool to change position. Handy for use ability, you can switch on the fly without removing iem from your ear. But perhaps more susceptible to unfortunate events. Switch has a very noticeable affect on mids/vocals. In the forward position, mids forward, bright and clear, head stage opens up. Rearward position, more balanced and organic in the mids/vocals (my preference, initially). Grand sounds way better than SE, my personal opinion. At least with this stock module installed. For those who might be wondering; no, 64Audio modules will not fit
IMG_0234.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpeg
    IMG_0235.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 252
Thanks for getting a thread going. Reserving this post for more future information soon :)

May 9, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 252
Very excited for mine to arrive.

May 9, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 252
May 16, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 252
Our PSA on the Grand Maestro modules:

The Grand Maestro ships with the default black ‘power’ modules. The blue ‘control’ modules could be purchased as an add-on for 130SGD to give more bass control. Right now, Blue modules are not yet officially launched. Those who have it either bought them via email enquiry or are our early adopters which we send them separately as a gift. Hope that clarifies!

May 17, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 252
May 17, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 252
Waiting for mine to arrived

May 20, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #10 of 252
A question to you all, are you getting customs or universal??

Just a curious question to the community, thanks
I purchased customs.

May 20, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #11 of 252
A question to you all, are you getting customs or universal??

Just a curious question to the community, thanks
I went Universal just in case I wanted to sell these down the road. Doubtful, but I like to leave my options open. I did get custom faceplates though (Charise Cosmic).

May 20, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #13 of 252
Universal. If I like them enough I may buy customs down the road
This is pretty much how I feel. Though admittedly the custom faceplates that I got on this Universal pair may no longer be available in the future. It really all depends on if the fit of these is awful for me though on the Universal fit. If it's decent and allows me to wear for long durations without discomfort, I sure won't bother with CIEM.

May 20, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 252
This is pretty much how I feel. Though admittedly the custom faceplates that I got on this Universal pair may no longer be available in the future. It really all depends on if the fit of these is awful for me though on the Universal fit. If it's decent and allows me to wear for long durations without discomfort, I sure won't bother with CIEM.
Fit isn’t the greatest for me.
The nozzles fit deep, and are uncomfortable for me fully inserted.
I use larger ear tips to get a seal and anchor on the outer part of my ear canal.
They IEM sticks out more, but they are comfortable and stay anchored for long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back