FatFreq Grand Maestro
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #31 of 255
My problem with the Storm is the lack of custom fits.
I figured that the Grand Maestro was the next best thing.

A number of reviewers even prefer the GM to Storm.
Personally, I prefer the GM to Storm, but that's based on my "on-the-go" listening preferences.

They’re very different sounding IEMs and are tuned for different purposes. It’s not really an apples to apples comparison, I definitely prefer GM myself but that’s because at the end of the day I don’t appreciate what Storm is aiming to achieve enough to warrant owning one.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 255
I have tried Storm it was great but after trying radon 6 and GM i think Storm price is too much. Also i heard their customer service isnt great. Anyway i saw Fatfreq did some small changes to the body of Grand Maestro and i heard they change their module material from 3d printing resin to aluminium. Is this true? Isnt it too early to do some physical changes? I am also one of the early adopter i got resin module and without the recessed 2pin and stainless steel filter inside the module housing. Will their new look alter the SQ? Also what do you guys think about this small changes? Is it fair to change things this early especially for people who bought the first batch?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 255
To be honest, I'll be disappointed if they decide to revise the design this early.

I understand their pursuit and that products are always progressing, but there has to be some sort of recourse, otherwise they'll have lost a customer for life...

Sep 18, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #35 of 255
Hi all. Can someboy help me out and tell me which moule has more bass/sub bass is it blue or black one? Thanks!
Black one. This is my subjective interpretation . The black bottom switch is vshape(the heaviest sub bass. If you listen to EDM with bass drop this is what you want) , black top switch is neutral with bass boost(somehow the vocal here is amazing and it is more forward than the bottom switch) . Blue bottom switch is neutral warm(still have sub bass about the same with black top switch), Blue top switch is neutral imo (there is still bass, but this mode is great with classical. Instrument are alive here and the vocal have more air imo).

I have been using GM and demo ing a lot of end game iem like subtonic storm and radon 6 and i agree both competitors are great but GM is still winning for me. It is very versatile i can change tuning depending on mood and genre and each of the tuning is still amazing end game material. A lot of friends who have tried this iem agree this is the best IEM right now. The best value also you have 4 different iem in one package. Amazing. Buttttt..... imo this iem is colored energetic with its own unique signature. Also the size is definitely on the chonky side if your ear can fit monarch mk ii you should be fine( i guess).

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #36 of 255
So I’ve been procrastinating for some time but finally pulled the trigger on the Grand Maestro’s. Delivered today and all I can say is wow… The new packaging is beyond elegant. Beautiful finished wood grain desktop box. New metal puck style case with accessory inserts. Black + Blue metal NOAH modules are appreciated over the previous plastic versions. Stock black and silver cable are kinda muh, especially at this price range but I enjoy cable rolling so I’ll take the bad with the good. Overall, very pleased. Time to lock myself in a dark room for the next 3 days and see what the hype is all about.

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #38 of 255
So I’ve been procrastinating for some time but finally pulled the trigger on the Grand Maestro’s. Delivered today and all I can say is wow… The new packaging is beyond elegant. Beautiful finished wood grain desktop box. New metal puck style case with accessory inserts. Black + Blue metal NOAH modules are appreciated over the previous plastic versions. Stock black and silver cable are kinda muh, especially at this price range but I enjoy cable rolling so I’ll take the bad with the good. Overall, very pleased. Time to lock myself in a dark room for the next 3 days and see what the hype is all about.
Hey! Could you post pics of the new packaging? Considering picking these up. Currently rocking IE600. Thank you!

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #39 of 255
Hey! Could you post pics of the new packaging? Considering picking these up. Currently rocking IE600. Thank you!
I’ll take some pictures tonight and post 👍🏼

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #41 of 255
Did you order directly from FF? IF yes how long was the waiting time?

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #42 of 255
Isn't the wood packaging an add-on that you have to pay extra for? Or do they now include it regardless?

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #43 of 255
Isn't the wood packaging an add-on that you have to pay extra for? Or do they now includ
Did you order directly from FF? IF yes how long was the waiting time?
Ordered from Andrew at @MusicTeck. There aren’t any add on options online so I assume this is just their new standard BUT it seems like everyone, depending on when you ordered, has received different items/ cases/ packaging. They have them in stock so it was 2 day shipping after order.
Ordered from Andrew at @MusicTeck. There aren’t any add on options online so I assume this is just their new standard BUT it seems like everyone, depending on when you ordered, has received different items/ cases/ packaging. They have them in stock so it was 2 day shipping after

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #44 of 255
Here are some quick shots

IMG_1357.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #45 of 255
I’ll have more to share once I post my full review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back