Fanny Wang Pink Edition: making the Jecklin Float look good!
May 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Headphoneus Supremus
DISCLAIMER
Ok, first of all: I normally would never open up a Head-Fi thread just to bash a headphone. I understand the complexity of personal taste and the difference between people when considering the perception of beauty. I even work as a marketing designer for crying out loud! But this, my fellow humans, just burned a hole straight through my retina...

This is no longer about taste. This is about me protecting my headphone-brethren from stumbling unprepared upon something horrible, something pink, almost organic looking and definitely true to it's brandname.

I apologize for any trauma these next images my cause. I warn you, this is not for the faint of heart and definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK! I present you...

The Fanny Wang: Pink Edition

It looks like it'll throb. Like it will consume and assimilate organic material. Pulsate and shapeshift in fleshy, sinewy ways. It looks like that mutated guy from Akira. Like a disfigured monstrosity from Silent Hill. It looks like something you hide underneath your bed because you don't want your kids to find it. It looks suspicious. 

Don't say I didn't warn you...

May 11, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 41
They will go great with the Pepto Bismol I'm going to need after I throw up.

Ok, so they're pink? Don't like pink? You seriously don't think people will buy a pink headphone?

It's obvious they're marketing it towards younger girls who like the color. At least it's not salmon colored. Or purple.

Now where is the camouflage green version with bullet holders in the headband? People can then take it with them while they go hunting!
Nothing beats listening to Def Leppard and AC/DC while hunting! Kidding of course and I don't hunt.

May 16, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 41

Quote:
They will go great with the Pepto Bismol I'm going to need after I throw up.

Ok, so they're pink? Don't like pink? You seriously don't think people will buy a pink headphone?

It's obvious they're marketing it towards younger girls who like the color. At least it's not salmon colored. Or purple.

Now where is the camouflage green version with bullet holders in the headband? People can then take it with them while they go hunting!
Nothing beats listening to Def Leppard and AC/DC while hunting! Kidding of course and I don't hunt.

It's marketed towards women alright. It looks like a vibrator. 

Btw, how are you liking that Koss DJ? 

May 16, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 41
Jun 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 41
Anyone actually bought this? If you send me a photo of you wearing one of these in public I'll send you a free pair of IEMs. 

i would so gladly of took that offer if i ever owned a pair or never knew about audio in the first place cause i won't be buying these. now if i was given these to try then i would have no problem rocking out in pink all day. i would even wear matching pink tee and pink pants so i could be gangsta yo.

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #12 of 41

Quote:
I like these a lot and if I could get a pair locally I would have no problem rocking them in public.  My wife likes them too.  Actually, the more that I look at them, the more that I want a pair; thanks for bringing these to my attention.  It takes all kinds I suppose.

Haha rock on Japanese brethren, here in the more convoluted societies of the western hemisphere we would get smitten for wearing these outside.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #13 of 41
Wow, these look... uhhh... suggestive. 
redface.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #14 of 41
At first I thought that was a fake metal-diamond-texture;  probably one of the only things that could make these look more ridiculous in a subtle way.  So,  when can I expect to see a camo version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back