Fake Senheiser IE800?
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #406 of 454
What do you guys think of this one? Seems real or fake? I’ve got some other photos but these seem to be some of the trouble points...

836AC5B0-DC0D-4302-A4C2-6DCD3B76C6E7.jpeg

One thing that strikes me about your second photo (copied above) is that the Sennheiser logo looks to be completely boxed in (there's a complete box etched around the outside), whereas most ie800 I see have spaces around the "S" where the box is broken.

I have a supposedly legitimate pair like this, which I was always underwhelmed with and am wondering if they may be fakes. Anyone else seen this before?

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #407 of 454
One thing that strikes me about your second photo (copied above) is that the Sennheiser logo looks to be completely boxed in (there's a complete box etched around the outside), whereas most ie800 I see have spaces around the "S" where the box is broken.

I have a supposedly legitimate pair like this, which I was always underwhelmed with and am wondering if they may be fakes. Anyone else seen this before?

If it helps the one from the pics was legit.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #409 of 454

I have a supposedly legitimate pair like this, which I was always underwhelmed with and am wondering if they may be fa

After the sn 50000(Maybe?) they changed the logo to the closed box one
kes. Anyone else seen this before?

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #410 of 454
Brand and product piracy is a problem that demands to be taken seriously. Product imitations may be similar to the original at first glance, but actually having nothing at all in common with it. The materials used, the durability and the sound properties of the copy are very much inferior to Sennheiser standards. The counterfeits are of poor quality, or do not function at all. The dealers rarely offer any guarantee, so there is no recourse for the disillusioned customer.

Counterfeit brand products do not just exasperate customers – they also damage the Sennheiser brand and the industry as a whole, and result in the loss of jobs. This is why we are doing all we can to protect you from counterfeits. Only the purchase of a genuine product will ensure that you get the good quality you desire.

How can I avoid purchasing a counterfeit?
When purchasing Sennheiser equipment, we would advise you as a matter of urgency always to go through an authorised dealer from the Sennheiser network. This way you can be sure as a customer that you will be getting a top-quality original article, backed up by full customer service.

For the most part, counterfeit Sennheiser products are offered for sale at internet auctions or on specially created webpages. We are working actively to live up to the quality standards we set for ourselves, and to give our customers the Sennheiser quality to which they are accustomed. We therefore aim to publish the names of such websites in future on a Black List.

More Info and the authorised Sennheiser dealer network list:
http://www.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit

Previous post

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 16, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #411 of 454
Brand and product piracy is a problem that demands to be taken seriously. Product imitations may be similar to the original at first glance, but actually having nothing at all in common with it. The materials used, the durability and the sound properties of the copy are very much inferior to Sennheiser standards. The counterfeits are of poor quality, or do not function at all. The dealers rarely offer any guarantee, so there is no recourse for the disillusioned customer.

Counterfeit brand products do not just exasperate customers – they also damage the Sennheiser brand and the industry as a whole, and result in the loss of jobs. This is why we are doing all we can to protect you from counterfeits. Only the purchase of a genuine product will ensure that you get the good quality you desire.

How can I avoid purchasing a counterfeit?
When purchasing Sennheiser equipment, we would advise you as a matter of urgency always to go through an authorised dealer from the Sennheiser network. This way you can be sure as a customer that you will be getting a top-quality original article, backed up by full customer service.

For the most part, counterfeit Sennheiser products are offered for sale at internet auctions or on specially created webpages. We are working actively to live up to the quality standards we set for ourselves, and to give our customers the Sennheiser quality to which they are accustomed. We therefore aim to publish the names of such websites in future on a Black List.

More Info and the authorised Sennheiser dealer network list:
http://www.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit
Yo when you releasing ie900?

Apr 2, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #412 of 454
Apr 2, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #414 of 454
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #415 of 454
Hey all,

Don't know if anyone still watches this thread, but I have the opportunity to get some sennheiser ie800 (?) buds from a Chinese retailer for around 40 usd.

Now I know they are 99.9999 percent likely to be fake, but there are dozens of reviews saying they look beautiful and sound amazing, and an overall 5 star rating. I live in Thailand and these are all definitely Thai customers who have really bought them, not shills.

From reading this thread it sounds like this might not necessarily be a bad investment, even if they are copies, but it is still a lot of money for me.

My question is about long term use - do the fakes seem to hold up over time and still work, or even sound good, after a year or two? Or am I better off just getting some decent but definitely genuine 40-50 dollar earbuds?

TThanks in advance!

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #416 of 454
Hey all,

Don't know if anyone still watches this thread, but I have the opportunity to get some sennheiser ie800 (?) buds from a Chinese retailer for around 40 usd.

Now I know they are 99.9999 percent likely to be fake, but there are dozens of reviews saying they look beautiful and sound amazing, and an overall 5 star rating. I live in Thailand and these are all definitely Thai customers who have really bought them, not shills.

From reading this thread it sounds like this might not necessarily be a bad investment, even if they are copies, but it is still a lot of money for me.

My question is about long term use - do the fakes seem to hold up over time and still work, or even sound good, after a year or two? Or am I better off just getting some decent but definitely genuine 40-50 dollar earbuds?

TThanks in advance!
For 40$. 100% fake. Actually they are just meh. Even for the 40$ price. Better get blon 5. The Green ones.

Nov 5, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #418 of 454
Is anyone one can compare aliexpress ie800 98% vs earphonediylabs IE800 Earbuds with Tesla Divers.
My Aliexpress i bought for $45 comes with cheap cable.
Specs: 5-38000mW or was it 40000 i forgot.
Dynamic Hybrid, Driver Diameter: 8mm,
brand think was: Brand Name: microskill or Tongking,

Aliexpress One Sounds: clarity good, beats almost right, but need a bit more beat. little bit dark.
(I also tried a Sennheiser 598cs before, & it sound trash with no bass.

I might buy from earphonediylabs to compare.

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #419 of 454
Is anyone one can compare aliexpress ie800 98% vs earphonediylabs IE800 Earbuds with Tesla Divers.
My Aliexpress i bought for $45 comes with cheap cable.
Specs: 5-38000mW or was it 40000 i forgot.
Dynamic Hybrid, Driver Diameter: 8mm,
brand think was: Brand Name: microskill or Tongking,

Aliexpress One Sounds: clarity good, beats almost right, but need a bit more beat. little bit dark.
(I also tried a Sennheiser 598cs before, & it sound trash with no bass.

I might buy from earphonediylabs to compare.
Why in earth would you buy fakes? Those are just horrible. Absolutely horrible, just buy some IE300 and be done.

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #420 of 454
i bought a Sennheiser 598cs 1-2 month ago like new from ebay, & it trash compared to my $45 Ie800 98% from Aliexpress. & now i going to have to sell it cheap. (1. i dont like the design of ie300 in my ears or i would have long put se846 in my list. 2. i don't want another bad experience. 3. its $250+ Tax. Price. 4. i don't really care if its fake, as long as it sounds good.

(My $45 from Aliexpress one actually does sound good, Just needed a little more bass & eliminate the little bit dark = Perfect.
Specs: Frequency response range: 5-35000KHZ or was it 40000KHZ i forgot.

This one from earphonediylabs IE800 Earbuds with Tesla Divers is 5-46,000/46k KHZ
So prob it sounds better. (i thinking if i buy. (If i do i post a review here of how it compares.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back