Fake Senheiser IE800?
Jun 21, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #331 of 454
Anybody have an idea on the authenticity of these? Recently purchased them from a fellow Head-fi member.

yoAXrYC.jpg

Q8ygU9m.jpg

7qLBX4d.jpg

XTe3UuO.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #335 of 454
The real question we should be asking in this thread is, who makes the best fakes? :)
You absolutely nailed it to the point!

But I'm afraid that the reliable flow of easy-to-identify fakes has completely dried out. Since at least 1..2 years. So most probably there will be no answer to your search.

From those times I kept 2 which I carefully selected from app. 5..8 which I tried (most from AliExpress). I'm no longer having source information, and even if I had, it would be useless after such a time.

If despite my pessimism somebody still should still have viable and usable information, I would be grateful and feel tempted to buy me a 3rd, because my "old" ones unfortunately meanwhile have much stiffened cables.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #337 of 454
https://www.ebay.com/usr/ryawagne-532?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Bought from this guy. I only paid $50 for a set that had a bad bottom cord so not too angry. I was able to fix it. They are fake, backward "S" on the both 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs, cord can not wrap around case and fit in the hole for 3.5mm, and there are multiple holes for some reason. Speaker screens fell off when I picked at them.
Very good sound from what I can tell but highs are tinny sounding, I do not have a authentic set to compare to though and don't own anything more then a pro 50. I prefer them over my pro 50's. Amazing quality on the box and packaging, case is also very good, s/n is etched. I did not even consider they would be fakes as I have sold headphones I repair since 2011 on ebay, the detail put into making it look genuine is just unreal, and something so stupid to have the S backwards.

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #338 of 454
https://www.ebay.com/usr/ryawagne-532?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Bought from this guy. I only paid $50 for a set that had a bad bottom cord so not too angry. I was able to fix it. They are fake, backward "S" on the both 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs, cord can not wrap around case and fit in the hole for 3.5mm, and there are multiple holes for some reason. Speaker screens fell off when I picked at them.
Very good sound from what I can tell but highs are tinny sounding, I do not have a authentic set to compare to though and don't own anything more then a pro 50. I prefer them over my pro 50's. Amazing quality on the box and packaging, case is also very good, s/n is etched. I did not even consider they would be fakes as I have sold headphones I repair since 2011 on ebay, the detail put into making it look genuine is just unreal, and something so stupid to have the S backwards.
At this price, you take your own risk...

May 27, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #342 of 454
Any opinion on if these are real or fake? I think these are fake

https://www.ebay.es/itm/AURICULARES...115349?hash=item1ccb503415:g:CREAAOSwZjpceRkr
I think the pics are too low-res to tell. Interestingly, it has the "gold ring" at the Y split when the 2 cables are attached, which is a hallmark of a genuine set. However, the Sennheiser logo on the 3.5mm barrel looks funny to me, and the general cable weaving doesn't look even, and these are hallmarks of a fake set.

Unless I'm 100% positive it's the real thing, I wouldn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back