Fake Koss KSC75?
Sep 19, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyrockets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid 6.49 on ebay for mine - with shipping from US to canada - under 18$ US. I bought them from this guy. http://stores.ebay.com/wind130

Awesome price. Too bad is not a good deal for me to buy from the US. That and I already bought the ones on the original post (that wouldn't stop me from getting another pair though).

Sep 19, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(that wouldn't stop me from getting another pair though).

or shall not?
very_evil_smiley.gif

These typically go on sale on Amazon UK or on the web..watch for little while and buy up several pairs when the price is right. They are awesome to have, and to give
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 30
Ok. Got them today in a square blister pack (I had only seen oval ones on the net, this was possibly a repackaging. china made). It is an all-grey model.

Anyway, any burn-in time suggestions?

edit: I find the clips hard for putting the speakers close to your ear. guess i must try to bend the clip further

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyrockets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid 6.49 on ebay for mine - with shipping from US to canada - under 18$ US. I bought them from this guy. http://stores.ebay.com/wind130

I just ordered one from the same guy. he's the same guy I got my Vibes from this summer.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #26 of 30
I have purchased a set of the KOSS KSC75's and I loved them. I broke them eventually and ordered two replacement pairs. These two came in a different package though.
I tried looking up Pulse as a company or something but nothing came up even under Pulse ksc75. At first these sounded simular, but just not right. The thing that really bugs me is at certain frequency these things produce a ringing. Usually some guitar, especially in the song Moar Ghost n' stuff by DeadMau5. I did keep the ear cushions from my previous  broken pair. The ear cushions that came with these turned grey very fast. I am using the old cushions now, and they are still darker then the new ones which faced a lot less use. The sound quality it self minus the ringing, is still good. The specs on the back of the box read just like the original box. It even has Koss's real contact info on the back. website:Koss.com, Phone Number:1-800-USA-KOSS. The paper work inside looks right with the warrenty info. It could be bulk packaging I guess. I was thinking about opening the other pack and try out the sound in those. Maybe these are real KOSS and this pair just is old and worn now. I noticed the ringing not too long ago. I abuse these a lot something could of wiggled loss or something

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #27 of 30
I have a pair of these as well. They came in this packaging. What's the consensus since this post? Are these fake? 

Quote:
I have purchased a set of the KOSS KSC75's and I loved them. I broke them eventually and ordered two replacement pairs. These two came in a different package though.
I tried looking up Pulse as a company or something but nothing came up even under Pulse ksc75. At first these sounded simular, but just not right. The thing that really bugs me is at certain frequency these things produce a ringing. Usually some guitar, especially in the song Moar Ghost n' stuff by DeadMau5. I did keep the ear cushions from my previous  broken pair. The ear cushions that came with these turned grey very fast. I am using the old cushions now, and they are still darker then the new ones which faced a lot less use. The sound quality it self minus the ringing, is still good. The specs on the back of the box read just like the original box. It even has Koss's real contact info on the back. website:Koss.com, Phone Number:1-800-USA-KOSS. The paper work inside looks right with the warrenty info. It could be bulk packaging I guess. I was thinking about opening the other pack and try out the sound in those. Maybe these are real KOSS and this pair just is old and worn now. I noticed the ringing not too long ago. I abuse these a lot something could of wiggled loss or something

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #28 of 30
I just got a pair of these "Pulse Clips" from NewEgg. They had two separate listings for ksc75's. One was listed as "Koss ksc75" and had a picture of the regular packaging (I assume. My old pair came in diff packing) and was more expensive. Then they had a cheaper pair listed as "Koss ksc75 07" that was pictured with a silver right angle plug. No packaging shown. Well I got the cheaper one and ended up with the box shown above. Interestingly the plug is the newer gold plated straight thin ipod style. Anyway, I've seen some kirf merchandise in my time and I do not think these are fake:

1) Looks and sounds just as good as my old ones and Koss name on phones and plug look genuine.
2) The box is very well made and printed. Usually fakes just copy the actually packaging, but are more shoddily made and printed. Why design whole NEW beautiful high quality box for a fake?       And then put on "Pulse Clips" for no good reason?
3) Newegg isnt Ebay. They (probably) are not selling fakes

Besides the warranty paper, it also came with a warning paper in many european languages (GB for English) warning of disposing headphones in trash. There is also a warning sticker around the wire itself. No such law in the U.S. My guess is that maybe this box made for European market? Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #29 of 30
I've ordered like 5 pairs and all but the first came with that packaging..........i say they're legit.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #30 of 30
I bought a pair and they came today . Everything seems allright but the thing is that box looks different then ones i saw online so i'm having doubts.
If anybody can help me please do...
Mine:

One i saw online :

Edit: I'm noticing some weird noises in left one on high frequencies so that kinda bugs me .
Edit 2: When I used barcode scanner on the package it found koss ksc75 so probably they are original (i hope so).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back