Fake Koss KSC75?
Sep 18, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get them on Amazon for 15 shipped. That price may be a bit high.

He can't because he's not in the US.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 30
It's reasonable in terms of US pricing, but a spectacular bargain in Europe. I suspect someone smuggled them to the uk without pay the tax on them. Most headphones that have been faked are those that appear in advertisements and are popular with the general public, Koss almost never advertise and I doubt that even if they would sell because most conterfieters try to target a larger market rather than the underground success that is the ksc75. Koss is legendary mostly by word of mouth.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's reasonable in terms of US pricing, but a spectacular bargain in Europe. I suspect someone smuggled them to the uk without pay the tax on them. Most headphones that have been faked are those that appear in advertisements and are popular with the general public, Koss almost never advertise and I doubt that even if they would sell because most conterfieters try to target a larger market rather than the underground success that is the ksc75. Koss is legendary mostly by word of mouth.

Even so, they are selling for about $19.75 so they would have to smuggle a lot of them to make for the work
smily_headphones1.gif

But ok, I guess I'll get them. This way I don't have to smuggle them myself as I did for the grado's and will possibly have to do for the Alessandro's.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 30
Just don't expect them to be better than your grado. They are nice as portable headphone and have incredible potential to be modified, but even when unmodified there are times when I prefer ksc75 to grado on some rock songs.

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #14 of 30
I doubt that anybody would fake a super-cheap option that sometimes sells for under $10 new. If anything, they'd fake the much prettier and more saleable portapro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back