Fake Audio Technica ATH-M50?
Aug 18, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 40
Sorry man but i think it's fake,considering your last photos..
This is no Audio Technica craftmanship right there..
This seems like sloppy work..

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 40
There's no chance that they are OEMs?

It's fine if they're fake, because Paypal has already stated that they make sure we get our money back. 
The down side is that my parents will not buy me headphones now. This sucks :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #18 of 40

Quote:

It's fine if they're fake, because Paypal has already stated that they make sure we get our money back. 
The down side is that my parents will not buy me headphones now. This sucks :frowning2:

You are missing the point here..
Even if they are OEMs,you bought something that was supposed to be BRAND new..
That means from where i come from that the seller fooled you..
He should have mentioned that they were refurbished/used or something...

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #19 of 40

Quote:

well that sucks

you can always sell and downsize your stuff to grab a pair of headphones

I usually sell games and i sold my old 20gb 360 for 100 dollars to fund my ath-m50 :D

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #20 of 40
Lol. Why won't your parents get you a new pair if you guys get your money back? There's still good headphones in the $80 mark. If your buying online, make sure it's a trusted source... like best buy, guitar center, amazon... etc. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #21 of 40

Quote:
Lol. Why won't your parents get you a new pair if you guys get your money back? There's still good headphones in the $80 mark. If your buying online, make sure it's a trusted source... like best buy, guitar center, amazon... etc. 

They brought out the argument that this is my fault for being tricked and that I shouldn't have asked for these in the first place. Not that they care that I'm leaving for 4 years of college with no headphones. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #23 of 40

Quote:
get them off amazon or something, show them they are a big company and you wont get fakes again.

I highly doubt they'll spring for something even more expensive after this fiasco. They hate spending money on me, and say I can't get a job, so I'm always stuck in this rut. Thanks guys for your help!

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #24 of 40
If you look at the ATH M50 appreciation thread they have some comparison pictures showing if M50's or fake or not. Best way to determine is by taking apart the headphones and looking at the PCB.

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #28 of 40

Quote:
How are those in comparison to the ATH m50?
And that website looks even sketchier than CandySave

Audio Technica ATH-M50 are nice namebrand headphones with good bass, that people seem to like for music.

Superlux HD-668B headphone are make by a Superlux located in Taiwan, they seem to offer low priced Audio electronics.
Some of their headphones look like close copies of name brand headphones, there seems to be a high satisfaction rate for Superlux headphones owners.
Their headphones are very low priced but offer a really good sound quality for that price.
I've been using the Superlux HD-668Bs for the past 8 days, I think they are the very best bang for the buck headphones.
I mail ordered my Superlux HD-668B from Audiohipster for a total of $53.

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #29 of 40

Quote:
Audio Technica ATH-M50 are nice namebrand headphones with good bass, that people seem to like for music.

Superlux HD-668B headphone are make by a Superlux located in Taiwan, they seem to offer low priced Audio electronics.
Some of their headphones look like close copies of name brand headphones, there seems to be a high satisfaction rate for Superlux headphones owners.
Their headphones are very low priced but offer a really good sound quality for that price.
I've been using the Superlux HD-668Bs for the past 8 days, I think they are the very best bang for the buck headphones.
I mail ordered my Superlux HD-668B from Audiohipster for a total of $53.

Will I get ripped off with fakes if I order from this site instead?
http://www.greenflymusicsupply.com/store/Superlux-by-Avlex-HD668B-Enhanced-Bass-Stereo-Headphones-p4076.html

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 40
I don't think that you will get fake Superluxes, it's not a very well known brand and it wouldn't be profitable to copy it.  Just saying, you can't be sure though.
I know this doesn't really help, but in the future watch out for stuff shipping from HK.  I don't want to stereotype, but anything shipping from HK is a pretty good indicator of it being a fake, especially if you are buying from a small or not very well known vendor.
Also, buying from Amazon doesn't guarantee anything.  Even I can sell stuff on Amazon.  Only buying directly from Amazon makes it safe.  Fulfilled buy Amazon does not equal buying directly from Amazon.  Fulfillment by Amazon simply means that I ship all of my products to an Amazon owned warehouse so that they can ship stuff out for me when it sells.

Anyways, don't feel too bad.  Some fakes are made very well and don't really sound any worse than real ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back