FA7, the first Quad drivers IEM from FiiO , all Knowles BAs and 3D printed technical , MMCX design
Mar 18, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #409 of 680
Hi all,

My FA7s arrived this morning.

My God they are beautiful. Not only do they look good they also feel amazing, the resin is so smooth and comfortable in my ears. They are a massive leap in quality from my F9 Pros, and the sound, my God they are so clear and the bass so thumping without distortion.

Normally I cannot use silicone ear tips as they don't seal properly and therefore don't deliver the sound, however, with the design and fit of the FA7s I have gone back to the supplied Fiio tips.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy extra sets of the Small Bass Tips?

If not, can anyone recommend tips that match the Fiio Small Bass Tips?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #410 of 680
Hi all,

My God they are beautiful. Not only do they look good they also feel amazing, the resin is so smooth and comfortable in my ears. They are a massive leap in quality from my F9 Pros, and the sound, my God they are so clear and the bass so thumping without distortion.

Normally I cannot use silicone ear tips as they don't seal properly and therefore don't deliver the sound, however, with the design and fit of the FA7s I have gone back to the supplied Fiio tips.

spinfit 145 medium worked as well as the stock fiio tips for me.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #411 of 680
Hi all,

I contacted support@fiio.com to see about procuring more Large Bass Tips; they responded quickly and said that they were $13 USD for 5 pairs (shipping included).

[edit]: also, $20 for 10 pairs (via ePacket). Processed through their AliExpress store front.

Alternatively, you can get similar ones pretty cheap on AliExpress from third parties. You can order them here, and specify in your message which size you want, if you don't want all three:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...icone-Eartips-Ear-Sleeve-Ear/32424630227.html

Mar 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #414 of 680
I contacted support@fiio.com to see about procuring more Large Bass Tips; they responded quickly and said that they were $13 USD for 5 pairs (shipping included).

[edit]: also, $20 for 10 pairs (via ePacket). Processed through their AliExpress store front.

Alternatively, you can get similar ones pretty cheap on AliExpress from third parties. You can order them here, and specify in your message which size you want, if you don't want all three:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...icone-Eartips-Ear-Sleeve-Ear/32424630227.html

Thanks, hopefully they will be part of their regular stock shortly.

Mar 18, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #415 of 680
Mar 18, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #417 of 680
If it makes you feel any better, you can listen to your FA7s for at least three more months before that becomes a reality.
Yep, and also the FA7 and FH7 are not directly comparable. FA7 is currently the flagship of the BA driver line, and FH5 the flagship of the hybrid line, soon to be replaced by the new hybrid flagship. We’ve known about the FH7 for several months now, so it’s not exactly news - only the specific specs are.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #418 of 680
I just got mine and I'm keeping these, sent to fh5's back and will be selling my DM6'S.

HAPPY MAN
So.....you must really like FA7 way more than DM6 to keep em right???

Mar 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #419 of 680
Since I have to change my FH5 I am considering the FA7 aswell.
I liked the FH5, had a great experience with them.

I listen mostly to orchestral / classical / jazz and big beat-ish stuff such as The Prodigy. Would the FA7 fit my genres better than the FH5?

if not, i'll just get a black FH5 with the longer nozzle

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #420 of 680
Since I have to change my FH5 I am considering the FA7 aswell.
I liked the FH5, had a great experience with them.

I listen mostly to orchestral / classical / jazz and big beat-ish stuff such as The Prodigy. Would the FA7 fit my genres better than the FH5?

if not, i'll just get a black FH5 with the longer nozzle
I think the FH5 will be more suitable for those genres. FA7 is warmer around the mid bass, so more bloomy. If you can't get a good fit with the FH5, then yes the longer nozzle version could be better. Please report back here (or in the FH5 thread) if it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back