Extreme sound isolation?
Apr 22, 2011 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rankiz

100+ Head-Fier
Any inexpensive extremely sound isolated headset? I have Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, but they're not isolated enough.
The reason why I ask for such thing is because I'm at the world's second largest LAN, The Gathering, Norway. Where 5000 geeks bring not only their computer, but huge sound systems. Not only this, but the big scene is also pumping out technosongs.

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 13
Use some IEMs?

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 13
Beyer sells gel pads for the DT770. They should provide better isolation due to sealing more tightly against your face.

What I sometimes do when I want even more isolation is to use IEMs for audio, and then wear my headphones over that to further block out the outside noise. You can even try using those industrial strength / firing range noise protection sets instead.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 13
So getting gel pads for the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO, then use my Re-zero IEMS inside? Since I'm really satisifeid with the Re-zero sound.

Seems really nice? :p

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 13
If using IEMS, anyone have a suggestion what I can wear outside them cormfortable, with minimum outside noise? Atm Beyers and IEMS, where Beyers don't have gel pads, is not quiet enough.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 13
Extreme Isolation makes a couple of pairs as does Vic Firth, all aimed towards drummers who want to protect their hearing..... a few of them are around $50.  Should do the trick

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #10 of 13
Canal phones that don't go far into your ear are usually pretty comfortable.  They usually don't isolate all that well though.  To tell the truth, I think the only thing that will isolate well is to get canal phones and put hearing protection ear muffs over them.   This is what I do when I'm mowing the lawn or vacuuming.  It works well.  If you're lucky, you can find ear muffs that don't look too geeky.  Although it sounds that if you look geeky, you'll fit right in.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Although it sounds that if you look geeky, you'll fit right in.

Really.
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 13
I heard some great things about HD25-II's isolation abilities, however you'll have to try them yourself to know for sure. As with IEMs, Over-head headphones' isolation/leakage efficiency largely depends on the fit (in this case, with the pinna of your ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back