"Extreme Shield" IEMs- are these legitimate? {UPDATE 30/5/14} Yes they are legit- Pics and impressions!
Apr 21, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #51 of 65
Bought these on Friday evening and got them delivered on Tuesday (today), i sent Project Extreme a message through their "contact us" in their website, on Monday telling them that i had not received a confirmation e-mail, got a reply on the same day, aknowledging that they had received the order an the earphones had been dispatched already via Royal mail, so top marks for a prompt response and delivery.

Now on to the earphones themselves, they came in a nice quality cardboard packaging (same as the images already posted by ndburley & others and can post more if needed). It is nicely presented and look lot more expensive in their current packaging rather than the 1 youtube video of them.

Straight out of the box the bass on these IEMs are impressive, to get the best sound you will probably need to equalize a little, i am not an audiophile so can not actually say what needs to adjusted, i just continued till i got a sound that i liked.
They will sound even better i presume once they have the burning in time, but as is they sound impressive for bass and with a little EQ meddling they are top notch and especially at the price of £29.99, i can not complain.

Now will be the test of time to see how they will sound once burned in and how durable and long lasting that they will be, so i will give you an update as time goes by.

But so far, so good....

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #52 of 65
ohhhh yes they are real, I just receive mine, and 29.99£ is a great price for these earphones
they are the first to STAY in my ear, and I have tried many others including vibe, and these are as good as or better than the Bose as they feel look like and sound like the REAL DEAL

I AM SO HAPPY that I bought them, I can now go the gym knowing my earphones will drown out the stupid sounds and give me great sound, look good, and won't fall out of my ears............GET THEM NOWWWA you wont be disappointed, I am soooo HAPPY!

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #54 of 65
Been using these for a while now and if you listen to any Prodigy tracks like "smack my bitch up" or "Omen" it is intense. Again for Skirllex, Portishead "Roads" is an awesome on on these headphones but when it comes to things like The Eagles, The Killers and Vangelis I do prefer my Sound magic P21 or my ATH-CKW1000ANV by Audio Technica. There is a place for the SX550's for awesome bass but not totally across all genres I feel. For 30 quid its a great buy :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #55 of 65
Hi, I've bought these earphones yesterday and I will be doing a comprehensive review on them once they arrive. Many are sceptical about them for good reason,but I hope the tech rather meets the advertising.

Arrival- Quick delivery- 4 days

The packaging that the earphones come with is attractive and indicates the high quality of the earphones.

In pack- earphones, earbuds, instruction leaflet, wallet

The earphones are well built and they look great. No rattling or strange noises that are common in lower end earphones. Shiny silver metal.

The sound quaility is great, no problems. The bass is very good for this price range, sometimes too much for the ears(but that's the point I guess). The wire is thick and sturdy, all joints are well made so there are unlikely to be breakages. This also prevents tangling.

Earbuds allow a customised fit.

Wallet to store earphones and earbuds. It's decent but incomparable to similar products from Beats. Not terrible though.

Instructions- no instructions, just more advertising.

My thought is that the tech team that made these were very good, and a high quality product was the end result. However, I would not spend £189.99 on these. I believe the advertising on the website is far to wild and these earphones should really be maximum of £60. If you would like specific photos on this product, let me know.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #56 of 65
I have been testing these with my XDuoo X3 (my new toy) and comparing to the Soundmagic E10 and P21. I dont think these are Hi-Fi headphones the quality is very noticeable on the X3 I cannot use them at all but on my phone they sound good. They are very bass focused and the mid range disapears on the X3 so you are left with Bass and top end over sparkle. It kind of hurts and this is listening to Flac format. Listening to Fleetwood mac tango in the night and Carly Simon was close to gritting teeth at top end but some Bonobo - Dial M for Monkey was ok. I do like these headphones and they were a gift from my wife,also I have emailed the vendor about how long before their "Limited availability" was on 2 occasions and its been months with no answer. I personally think that there are better headphones out there for under 30 and the lack of response from them makes me feel a little let down. Personal opinion is SoundMagic E10 beats the Extreme hands down and for cheaper too! 

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #57 of 65
Received these earphones yesterday after taking a punt on them but I have wasted money before on well known branded well reviewed earphones that have disappointed so I thought - "what the hell". For £30 thought they are well enough made, light and comfortable. I use them with a Samsung Note 4 via a FIIO Kilimanjaro headphone amp. I generally only listen to high quality FLAC/WAV downloads. I have found that during my short but intense time with them I am getting differing soundstage dependent on earbud size and placement within my ears. I am NOT getting extreme overpowering bass that a lot of people are commenting about but the top end can be a little sharp. I found that the more I push the buds into my ear the sound becomes more balanced with the top end reducing. Bass response also increases. Listening to Steely Dan -Morph the Cat when I get the placement right sounds awesome. As good as I have heard from earphones at 3 times the price. I could go on through Jazz, Prog Rock and General rock that I listen to and with a little playing around I can get the balance of sound I am more than happy with. I think overall they are a bargain for the price and would like to test their more expensive models out of curiosity.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #58 of 65
Hi,
First time user but stumbled on this thread when I stumbled upon the ad myself while researching budget headphones.
So far I am also quite intrigued and it's good to hear Moston you have had positive results from these and helping each other out.

So just wondered if anyone could give any opinion on these compared to the SoundMagic's e10s (latest model).
I've heard these are a decent all round budget IEMs.

I'm no audiophile and usually listen to my music via mobile phone (android) while commuting. I recently lost my noise cancelling Sony IEMs (mdr-nc31em) and was pleasantly pleased with the sound/quality from these.

Do the Extreme SX550's compare to the SoundMagic's e10s? Those that have tried either, do they compare to the sony's?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice, gratefully appreciated

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #59 of 65
Hi,
First time user but stumbled on this thread when I stumbled upon the ad myself while researching budget headphones.
So far I am also quite intrigued and it's good to hear Moston you have had positive results from these and helping each other out.

So just wondered if anyone could give any opinion on these compared to the SoundMagic's e10s (latest model).
I've heard these are a decent all round budget IEMs.

I'm no audiophile and usually listen to my music via mobile phone (android) while commuting. I recently lost my noise cancelling Sony IEMs (mdr-nc31em) and was pleasantly pleased with the sound/quality from these.

Do the Extreme SX550's compare to the SoundMagic's e10s? Those that have tried either, do they compare to the sony's?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice, gratefully appreciated

Hello Crack pot, I have both of these so maybe able to help a little.

In all honesty I feel that the E10 wins hands down the SX550 are very bass driven but the E10 give a great bass experience but without the loss of top end.

The E10 is overall a better sound quality and also a step up from that would to me be the Ostry kc06a

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #60 of 65
Thanks ndburley for the quick, clear reply.
After looking into the ostry, I'd probably go for the e10s as I can only find the ostry on eBay and most are international shipping (I understand both are Chinese companies and would expect international shipping).

Just to throw a curve ball in the mix, I've just been recommended the Sony mdr ex650's by a friend. I know this isn't the correct post but do you or anyone have experience with these compared to the e10s?

Thanks again in advance for any input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back