"Extreme Shield" IEMs- are these legitimate? {UPDATE 30/5/14} Yes they are legit- Pics and impressions!
Apr 6, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #61 of 65
Thanks ndburley for the quick, clear reply.
After looking into the ostry, I'd probably go for the e10s as I can only find the ostry on eBay and most are international shipping (I understand both are Chinese companies and would expect international shipping).

Just to throw a curve ball in the mix, I've just been recommended the Sony mdr ex650's by a friend. I know this isn't the correct post but do you or anyone have experience with these compared to the e10s?

Thanks again in advance for any input

Sorry I dont have those to give an opinion but I would suggest also looking at the SoundMagic PL21 to throw another spin on the subject :) 
Great sound for the money but a lot smaller than the E10 and the PL21 have a slight angle on the tips rather than the straight position of the E10. 
Dont get me wrong I have the Extreme's but do not rate them above SM at all.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #62 of 65
Thanks ndburley for the quick, clear reply.
After looking into the ostry, I'd probably go for the e10s as I can only find the ostry on eBay and most are international shipping (I understand both are Chinese companies and would expect international shipping).

Just to throw a curve ball in the mix, I've just been recommended the Sony mdr ex650's by a friend. I know this isn't the correct post but do you or anyone have experience with these compared to the e10s?

Thanks again in advance for any input

Not sure if you went with the SMagic10s or not, but look into the Fiio EX1 (£50). These were previously Dunu Titan 1s (£100), but Fiio has rebranded them. They are much better than the SMs and so much fun, HUGE sound stage, better detail in mids and highs, punchier bass. The holographic effect of the wide sound stage will bring out your music in a way you won't have heard before. SMe10s were my first decent pair but the Fiio EX1s for an extra £20 gives you a MUCH higher end sound.

If your budget is £30 though the SMe10s are the best in that price bracket and you will enjoy them.

Also, they are both better than your Sonys. My brother has them and the SMs are an upgrade.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 65
Hi, the information says the metal is 'airplane grade' luxury aluminium!  How on Earth can aluminium be 'luxury',lol!! Regardless of that, I've ordered a set as I think the only way to really find what suits you is to try them as everybody's hearing isn't the same. 
I'll get back with my assessment in a coupla weeks when I've run them in.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #65 of 65
They arrived today...after all, £30 isn't going to break the bank and First Class too, only took 2 days...and I have to say I find them pretty damned good.The packaging looks the business and looks expensive. One first run I didn't find the bass overpowering, on the contrary it seems to sit right where it should be, To refer to a previous commentator, I also find that the overall quality can change when changing inserts. I've stuck with the ones which came fitted and they stay put so if you're doing stuff it's not a problem having them fall out.Again I didn't have to use the equaliser, the top end needed dropping a tad in my opinion, but everybody hears things differently so at the end of the day it's down to  personal taste.
  For £30 you're getting a bargain in my opinion. My mate brought his Bose jobbies round and there was little or nothing to compare between the two.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back