eXStata DIY Electrostatic Amp for Intermediate DIYers
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #1,486 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, if anyone wants to try the 2sc3675 in place of the 5042, I have enough for 3 sets.

I'm interested Al... Why not, I haven't really followed the BOM for the SS so far...
icon10.gif
Might as well build my SS with all subs or alts.

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #1,487 of 2,970
Right, so the very last thing I need for my build is some high voltage hook-up wire. It would be absolutely nuts for me to buy 100ft of a couple of different colours from Mouser or Digikey so I don't want to do that. ApexJr as mentioned earlier in the thread would be an option, if it weren't for the fact they only accept wire transfer for international orders - and a hefty fee for the privilege. The best eBay option I found would not ship outside the US.

Can anybody suggest any other alternatives?

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #1,491 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this stuff and others from the same vendor would be perfect, but no international shipping
frown.gif

How fast are yo looking to build? I need 600V or 1KV hook up wire and I haven't ordered mine yet. I'll be happy to CYA and ship it to you in a Tyvek envelope. I'll get around to ordering it this week or early next. Have to get the Mouser and Digi-Key orders in first. Have a local customer wanting his old HAM radio recapped by Christmas so that has to be done...

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #1,492 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, so the very last thing I need for my build is some high voltage hook-up wire. It would be absolutely nuts for me to buy 100ft of a couple of different colours from Mouser or Digikey so I don't want to do that. ApexJr as mentioned earlier in the thread would be an option, if it weren't for the fact they only accept wire transfer for international orders - and a hefty fee for the privilege. The best eBay option I found would not ship outside the US.

Can anybody suggest any other alternatives?

well, seeing as I already have a package that's collecting contents for Beefy, I can help out, let me know what you'd like.

Here's my suggestion:

Belden Hookup Wire Teflon, Silver Coated 22 AWG, 83006 - eBay (item 220381966211 end time Oct-27-09 09:36:27 PDT)

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #1,494 of 2,970
In grounding the heatsinks on the Hybrid, is it the same - i.e. grounding the two sinks on (only) the input side?

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #1,496 of 2,970
Just making sure since it is the SS version on the website...

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #1,498 of 2,970
I just realised this morning that I put my Mouser order for all the parts for this on the wrong credit card. Thankfully the order went through, but I really should pay more attention
redface.gif

Late night idiocy aside, back to hook up wire...... is 22AWG going to be sufficient for the power wiring? I would normally use 17-20AWG for power, just because that is what I would have handy.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #1,499 of 2,970
22awg is more than enough for the currents involved except for the heaters. Depending on how your wire them you might want to use 20awg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back