Explain your avatar
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #1,667 of 3,006
Yeah people already got "anime-style" avatars, it's easy/usual enough.

Real anime avatars are more difficult to find/pick (if you're a big anime enthusiasm at least), because you have more ways you can relate your personality to it.

More difficult to find?
Not really. Just choose your waifu (or your waifu's senpai in my case).

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,668 of 3,006
Anime more difficult to find as in, more possibilities/dimensions to relate our person to it, and more choices (read "dilemmas") to do in general than when it is just about an invented girl's appearance, face, or expression on a drawing (like on Kiteki's).

Before thinking of simply picking out a character from the latest anime I watched and something manlier to make a change from girls everywhere, I thought of: which anime to pick, which Pokémon, which girl in Mahou Sensei Negima!, what is my personality and how close it can really get to any of those? etc. became a bit existential and philosophical (The Philosophy or Haruhi Suzumiya) in the process.

It was way more difficult than throwing myself at the first anime-style girl that wore a Grado headphone and then pretending or imagining I can somehow relate to her.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,669 of 3,006
Quote:
I'm temporarily (doing service for others) in between L.A. and The Bay (SF-Oakland Bay Area).

You mean like charity or missionary work of some kind?  If so, cool way to spend time. 
smile.gif

Quote:
And the sheer number of both Head-Fier's and Computer Audiophile members is huge. Then throw in a few of the audio societies in both regions, and Cali is crawlin' with folks in audio! When I can save a few dollars (not spend it!), I'm going to sign up for the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society. 

Yup, starting to get a sense of that.  Probably just the crowd that I run with, but very few of my friends care about good audio.  Everyone does their own thing of course, but it makes it harder to engage in the social aspect of this hobby (as Muppet talked about) with most of my friends.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #1,670 of 3,006
Anime more difficult to find as in, more possibilities/dimensions to relate our person to it, and more choices (read "dilemmas") to do in general than when it is just about an invented girl's appearance, face, or expression on a drawing (like on Kiteki's).

Before thinking of simply picking out a character from the latest anime I watched and something manlier to make a change from girls everywhere, I thought of: which anime to pick, which Pokémon, which girl in Mahou Sensei Negima!, what is my personality and how close it can really get to any of those? etc. became a bit existential and philosophical (The Philosophy or Haruhi Suzumiya) in the process.

It was way more difficult than throwing myself at the first anime-style girl that wore a Grado headphone and then pretending or imagining I can somehow relate to her.

Like I said, just get your waifu. Which is in my case Azusa Nakano from K-on. I have Mio as my avatar instead for the sole reason that she's the runner up, and has lots of pictures available where she wears headphones.

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,671 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:
I'm temporarily (doing service for others) in between L.A. and The Bay (SF-Oakland Bay Area).

You mean like charity or missionary work of some kind?  If so, cool way to spend time. 
smile.gif

Quote:
And the sheer number of both Head-Fier's and Computer Audiophile members is huge. Then throw in a few of the audio societies in both regions, and Cali is crawlin' with folks in audio! When I can save a few dollars (not spend it!), I'm going to sign up for the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society. 

Yup, starting to get a sense of that.  Probably just the crowd that I run with, but very few of my friends care about good audio.  Everyone does their own thing of course, but it makes it harder to engage in the social aspect of this hobby (as Muppet talked about) with most of my friends.

Making sacrifices in life, so that others may live or simply live better with improved conditions, is life altering...and rewarding. You'd like to engage more in the social aspect of this hobby with most of your friends? This warm and fuzzy thought - let's call it a romantic vision, shall we? - vastly overrated! 

I would relish the opportunity for my world to expand (BIG) by connecting to more audio enthusiasts...and still have my friends. At least my friends are acting that way. 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,672 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:

Like I said, just get your waifu. Which is in my case Azusa Nakano from K-on. I have Mio as my avatar instead for the sole reason that she's the runner up, and has lots of pictures available where she wears headphones.

Making my selection came easy.
smiley_thumb.gif
 However, choosing her best side...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,673 of 3,006
"I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f%@$. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ***** and suck my d&*#... everyone." 

-Kenny Powers

(Also I photoshopped in some HD650s)

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #1,675 of 3,006
Quote:
Making sacrifices in life, so that others may live or simply live better with improved conditions, is life altering...and rewarding. You'd like to engage more in the social aspect of this hobby with most of your friends? This warm and fuzzy thought - let's call it a romantic vision, shall we? - vastly overrated! 
I would relish the opportunity for my world to expand (BIG) by connecting to more audio enthusiasts...and still have my friends. At least my friends are acting that way. 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

You're a better man than me mate, rock on! 
smile.gif
  "Overrated" you say?  Hope not.  I'm filled with unbridled hope and anticipation for this meet (my first).  At least no one will ask me why I have so many headphones.

Quote:
"I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f%@$. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ***** and suck my d&*#... everyone." 

-Kenny Powers

Have you seen "Your Highness" yet?  Daftly hilarious and mandatory viewing for any McBride fan. 
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,676 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:
Making my selection came easy.
smiley_thumb.gif
 However, choosing her best side...
rolleyes.gif

I like the blue side better, if it means anything.
wink.gif

When telling a mate, c-a-r-e-f-u-l. The answer will likely have a guy in her arms, indoors or up-in-arms outdoors. 
dt880smile.png

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,677 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

You're a better man than me mate, rock on! 
smile.gif
  "Overrated" you say?  Hope not.  I'm filled with unbridled hope and anticipation for this meet (my first).  At least no one will ask me why I have so many headphones.

Quote:

-Kenny Powers

Have you seen "Your Highness" yet?  Daftly hilarious and mandatory viewing for any McBride fan. 
smile.gif

To be sure, the meets and meeting like minded members is not overrated. Exposing one's friends to new culture is exciting too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back