Explain your avatar
Aug 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #1,655 of 3,006
I'm looking for something better than the mutated shot I currently have... though it is from an anime. Not sure what to use really, but I'll figure it out before too long.

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #1,656 of 3,006
She's holding an IEM in her left hand and her face looks kinda similar to mine so I had to use it, I don't think it's from an anime, yet it's not real-life human-flesh avatar which I've always used at least. =]

Why is that you organized both this months and last months avatar events, but you haven't [fully] participated in either?

Sounds a little odd if you ask me. One would expect you as the organizer to set up a good example. :p

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,657 of 3,006
Why is that you organized both this months and last months avatar events, but you haven't [fully] participated in either?

Sounds a little odd if you ask me. One would expect you as the organizer to set up a good example.
tongue.gif

Happy now?

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #1,660 of 3,006
No, because reverse image search tells me that it is not a character from an anime. I refuse to accept anything just drawn with a similar style to anime artwork, I think it has to be an actual character from an anime (or manga/light novel/visual novel).

I see, that makes sense and I respect your opinion, however it was actually the 'anime headphone girls' type pictures which inspired me, which are not from a cinematic anime.  I think there is more artwork to choose from if we call it "Anime Artwork Avatar August" instead, but I'll let you guys in the anime thread decide. ;]

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #1,662 of 3,006
Quote:
LA as in El Lay...SoCal...and so on. Playing the meet by ear - I'm being challenged by a sensitive schedule and responsibilities. Too close to call! But, I'm prepared to go to the tape...
biggrin.gif

If you do make it, I'll see you there.  Crazy how it seems like there are so many members online, yet in real life we're so few and far between.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #1,663 of 3,006
Quote:
No, because reverse image search tells me that it is not a character from an anime.

Yeah people already got "anime-style" avatars, it's easy/usual enough.

Real anime avatars are more difficult to find/pick (if you're a big anime enthusiasm at least), because you have more ways you can relate your personality to it.

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #1,664 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:
LA as in El Lay...SoCal...and so on. Playing the meet by ear - I'm being challenged by a sensitive schedule and responsibilities. Too close to call! But, I'm prepared to go to the tape...
biggrin.gif

If you do make it, I'll see you there.  Crazy how it seems like there are so many members online, yet in real life we're so few and far between.

I'm temporarily (doing service for others) in between L.A. and The Bay (SF-Oakland Bay Area). And the sheer number of both Head-Fier's and Computer Audiophile members is huge. Then throw in a few of the audio societies in both regions, and Cali is crawlin' with folks in audio! When I can save a few dollars (not spend it!), I'm going to sign up for the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society. 

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #1,665 of 3,006
Quote:
Quote:
No, because reverse image search tells me that it is not a character from an anime.

Yeah people already got "anime-style" avatars, it's easy/usual enough.

Real anime avatars are more difficult to find/pick (if you're a big anime enthusiasm at least), because you have more ways you can relate your personality to it.

My Anime avatar is so real, 
tongue_smile.gif
 she's real. Doin' Anime in character. She relates to my personality in two ways. 1) Her half & half hairstyle represents my days and nights which often get inverted (Dayshift/Graveyard). 2) Her pose shows she is silent and in thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back