Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #2,161 of 2,215
I ordered 'final - Clear Silicone Type E Ear tips Kit' from Amazon which contains 5 different sizes of tips and sounded better than the supplied tips to me. Maybe worth a try before giving up? The largest one should fit you.

If you're in the UK, drop me a PM with your address and I'll send you the largest pair, they're no use to me.
Many thanks Simon. Much appreciated, but I am not from UK and as you can see, English is not my first language😃.

I would buy those directly if I get IE900.
Thank you for pointing me in right direction regarding tips.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #2,162 of 2,215
I agree with everything you said. I pressed them in just slightly with fingers and I am pretty sure that I heard mostly everything what they can offer, but yes and definitely, I wasn’t able to walk with them and my hands down.

They reminds me with their sound character like Naim CDX2, NDX and Supernait 1. I don’t like that abbrasive edge in the upper midrange and I hear it no matter if they sit well in my ears, but bass wise I understand and appreciate comments here that you want to help and convince me that they are not bass shy and I wouldn’t give up from them so easilly if that edge to the sound is not existed.

I own several Senn phones and I am familiar with their sound in general, but few models just wasn’t up to my taste.

Not everyone agrees but I am convinced that it takes a while for moving parts to smooth out the surfaces that rub against each-other and for the flexible parts to get used to flexing - aka 'burn-in'. Plug them into a radio playing music when you're not using them for a couple of days and I think you'll find that that 'edge' will disappear.

It is possible that you have a faulty pair or that you're particularly sensitive to these IEMs but I'm sure you can resolve this and finally hear what the rest of us hear.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #2,163 of 2,215
Many thanks Simon. Much appreciated, but I am not from UK and as you can see, English is not my first language😃.

I would buy those directly if I get IE900.
Thank you for pointing me in right direction regarding tips.
No problem with your English, you write it better than many Brits! :) They're certainly worth a try, not expensive and if you can't get a good fit from one of them you probably should give up, hehe.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #2,164 of 2,215
This is very interesting what you said Simon. I believe in burn in and witnessed it many times. My Grado RS1 had ear bleeding highs during burn in, but after some 500 hours they completely changed and mellowed.

I mentioned Senn TWS3 and they changed pretty much after few hundred hours.

I believe IE600 which I auditioned as very lightly used demo model would benefit from additional playing time, but it is expensive game to buy them and prey as I am not sure if I would like them at the end.

Here on forum some reviewers also find them too hot, but in this thread I see something different.

I promise I will give them another try and prolong next demo as much as possible.

Will see and will report here right after.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #2,165 of 2,215
And then I saw your post. :) They looked physically similar but where my real ones are a bit rough, they were smooth, maybe painted. The sound wasn't bad but worse in every way compared to real ones, the plug on one of them got stuck and I couldn't remove it without breaking them, the printing on the box was softer and looked like a copy, and of course it was missing the authenticity and serial number stickers. If I can find the photos I took I'll add them.
Some photos on this thread would be awesome if you still have them.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #2,166 of 2,215
I believe in burn in and witnessed it many times. My Grado RS1 had ear bleeding highs during burn in, but after some 500 hours they completely changed and mellowed.

I mentioned Senn TWS3 and they changed pretty much after few hundred hours.

If you can recall what a set of headphones or IEM sounded like 500 hours of listening ago and you trust your abilities of recall and perception over the limitations of humans sonic memory and give due consideration to humans hearing differently depending on all manner of factors like mood, diet, health etc than you don't need advice from anybody here about judging what a set of IE600 sound like.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #2,168 of 2,215
Some photos on this thread would be awesome if you still have them.
I haven't found them yet but I'll pm them to you if/when they turn up.

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #2,169 of 2,215
If you can recall what a set of headphones or IEM sounded like 500 hours of listening ago and you trust your abilities of recall and perception over the limitations of humans sonic memory and give due consideration to humans hearing differently depending on all manner of factors like mood, diet, health etc than you don't need advice from anybody here about judging what a set of IE600 sound like.
Maybe I didn’t understand well what you said, but believing in burn in or not is a different thing than knowing how some headphones sound.

Regarding burn in, I can honestly say that it is a fact and my belief is simply from practical point of view and not my personal opinion build up on my theoretical view on this things.

Few of my friends have or had hi fi shops and we hang out there for many years listening to tons of gear. From brand new to well used demo gear. We were doing A-B tests of the same products and the difference was always been obvious. Some units drastically better sounded when played for few hundreds hours.

Many companies in the eighties and ninetees put in their manuals commrnt regarding burn in. Naim for example and they said 3-5 weeks. Many don’t do that any more because of customers with different view on this things in order to prevent ruining the sale I believe.

I would be very happy that burn in don’t exist as it makes to me a lot of headaches in the past.

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #2,172 of 2,215
I am sorry. I thought you are asking another member. Original medium foam gives me best fit of all original sizes incl. silicone, altough IE600 still not stand still while I walk and slightly turn my head on side.
I find the fit of the ie600s to be weird. It's like their nozzle is so short that I really need to push them into my ear to feel they are sealed properly.

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #2,173 of 2,215
I agree with everything you said. I pressed them in just slightly with fingers and I am pretty sure that I heard mostly everything what they can offer, but yes and definitely, I wasn’t able to walk with them and my hands down.

They reminds me with their sound character like Naim CDX2, NDX and Supernait 1. I don’t like that abbrasive edge in the upper midrange and I hear it no matter if they sit well in my ears, but bass wise I understand and appreciate comments here that you want to help and convince me that they are not bass shy and I wouldn’t give up from them so easilly if that edge to the sound is not existed.

I own several Senn phones and I am familiar with their sound in general, but few models just wasn’t up to my taste.
I am also a new IE 600 owner, and I totally see where you are coming from with this comparison to Naim, they definitely have an 'exciting' sound. While I enjoy my friend's Nairn system when I hear it, I wouldn't choose to have one in my house (I have a Pass Labs amp), the great thing about IEMs, and to a lesser extent headphones, is that you can have a collection with lots of different flavours, you can't do that with speaker systems unless you're lucky enough to live in a mansion. This Sennheiser is one of the most expensive IEMs I've bought, I think I would be disappointed if I didn't already have the Dunu SA6, which I rate highly but feel it's on the laid-back side. I'm pretty pleased with this spicy V-shaped IEM, I don't expect the same value for money from a European product as with Chi-Fi, but the tips and cables are a disappointment.

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #2,175 of 2,215
Yeah, I found that Final type E tips help because they have quite a long tube

The alternative is to go to a bigger diameter tip that seals in the outer ear.

Given how short the IE600 nozzle are it seems that they are tuned based on a shallow fit, it would seem pretty well impossible for them to fit deep for anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back