Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #2,071 of 2,216
So a bit of an update with my XINHS cable replacement issues I had going on. They ended up making good on a discount voucher to make up for the mistake they did on the IE600 cable. But it was a lot of back and forth. I ended up getting a discounted cable for my Cascades, and what an incredible cable. So in the end I sort of feel neutral about the whole experience.

Jan 12, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #2,072 of 2,216
So a bit of an update with my XINHS cable replacement issues I had going on. They ended up making good on a discount voucher to make up for the mistake they did on the IE600 cable. But it was a lot of back and forth. I ended up getting a discounted cable for my Cascades, and what an incredible cable. So in the end I sort of feel neutral about the whole experience.

Another positive counterpoint to your neutral.

A couple of days ago I messaged XINHS to make a custom 1/4 inch male to 3.5mm female short extension cable to use IEM off a desktop amplifier.

They messaged straight back, confirmed the order and sent a payment link. The cost was $30 USD but some error resulted in me being charged $35.

I didn’t care because it was still cheap but they contacted me straight back offering to do a refund and charge the correct amount. I said it didn’t matter and as an act of appreciation they made the cable within about 12 hours and shipped it the next day.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #2,073 of 2,216
I received mine two days ago and i can tell you that I’m rather happy with them. The first impression was not incredible and i start to understand how they work well. First i attempted to put the memory form tips with the smallest size and it has improved a few the confort and the sound also. Then i have found that it doesn’t work well with tubes beacause of the ie 600 amazing accuracy. Thus i thought that it’s much more resolving that what i was expected. It work better with solid state, which i didn’t have used for a while. I would prefer the tubes with my headphones and the solid state with the Ie 600, i like very much its precision and find that the tubes,instead of complete the music with a little magic, was just too unprecise to be appreciate. But hours after hours of use, i star to used to the iem and find it fun specially with the basses and subbasses. And even if the basses are good, the treble are very present and precise. I won’t say that i prefer ie 600 than my focal clear on naim uniti he plus xduoo tubes but it brings good diversity to my listnenings. I didn’t thought that it could so isolated from the outside sound, maybe better than the PX8. Enjoy music.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #2,074 of 2,216
Oh well, I just sent mine back for RMA. The left earpiece dropped out for me a week or so ago, cable and eartip changes didn't fix it. Oddly it started working again the next day but now I have channel imbalance with the left significantly louder than the right. Seems odd, but it is what it is.

Mine were from the first preorder batch, direct from Sennheiser.

@Sennheiser

I haven't heard anything about my RMA. Should I have gotten an email or something by now?

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #2,075 of 2,216
Bloody excellent !

IMG_0143.jpeg

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #2,077 of 2,216
Does using PA10 totally give you a different sound signature from your Fiio ?

I am not a big advocate for sources making a significant difference to general tonality so in that respect, no.

What I am left with after every time I use the PA10 for an extended listening session is a sense of just how pleasant pretty much anything sounds on it and a sense of enjoying a spacious open sound.

I don’t really notice anything obvious in a back and forth A/B comparison but that is true for me if comparing any sources, even a simple dongle versus say my iFi Diablo.

The PA10 is a great amplifier but it isn’t some sort of magic to my ear, others will say different and that is fine. I am just not sensitive to specific changes only general feelings of the listening experience after a longer listening period.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #2,078 of 2,216
In regards to different ear tips which ones do you all enjoy? I'm in the market for different tips ideally ones with a filter/mesh on them to avoid ear wax build up on IEM nozzle itself, I currently use foam medium tips and I really enjoy them so far, but I'd like to see what else is out there. That being said, is the only place to get more of those medium foam tips directly from the sennheiser site itself?

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #2,079 of 2,216
In regards to different ear tips which ones do you all enjoy? I'm in the market for different tips ideally ones with a filter/mesh on them to avoid ear wax build up on IEM nozzle itself, I currently use foam medium tips and I really enjoy them so far, but I'd like to see what else is out there. That being said, is the only place to get more of those medium foam tips directly from the sennheiser site itself?
I use the medium foam tips too, I find them the most comfortable and I don't want to mess around buying other tips that were not designed for this iem.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #2,080 of 2,216
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #2,081 of 2,216
I use the medium foam tips too, I find them the most comfortable and I don't want to mess around buying other tips that were not designed for this iem.
Large Foam! They seal me best. Recently learned of tips that are firm like foam but shaped like silicone, Divinus Velvet, look promising

Jan 18, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #2,082 of 2,216
I really enjoy the comfort and isolation on them as well! I'm not the most familiar with foam tips, as prior I was mostly an over-ear person. Wouldn't the foam tips degrade over time? Ideally i'd like to stock up in advance but also get more for my IE200, is there any particular place to get them?

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #2,083 of 2,216
I use the Divinus Velvet with a little spacer at the base of the nozzle on the IE600 to push the ear tips out along the nozzle as far as they go until the flange on the ear tip locks against the IEM nozzle flange.

I need to do that to get a good seal that stays put without messing with it due to the short insertion depth of the IE600 and my ear anatomy.

Luckily they also sound as good as any other tips that seal well enough but do not provide a reliable seal that will stay put.

I don’t think there is any need for a wax guard as the nozzle on the IE600 has one built in. The standard tips have a foam disc in them that is part of the tuning and the ear tip has a mesh end to hold that in place. I am happy with the sound without the foam so a normal open ear tip is fine. I don’t get very much ear wax at all, if you do then the wax guard might be more important to you.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #2,084 of 2,216

The only aspect of “designed for” is the foam insert in the ear tip that very subtly reduces treble peaks.

If you don’t need the foam filter to cut the treble, and the difference is very subtle, other tips might do a better job for you. So much is about an individuals ear anatomy and what fits best, seals best and sounds best. You might be missing out by not experimenting with other tips.

That said, you might spend a decent chunk of money to achieve nothing so only you can assess the importance to you.

I am lucky that over time I have amassed quite a selection of ear tips so experimenting didn’t cost me anything extra. That said, if I didn’t experiment with different tips on every IEM I have owned I would have certainly missed out with a few. Several sets I have bought absolutely needed very specific tips to fit properly for me and as a result the sound improvement, comfort and convenience with some were massively improved. The IE600 was one of those sets due to its shallow fit.

YMMV

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #2,085 of 2,216
I use the Divinus Velvet with a little spacer at the base of the nozzle on the IE600 to push the ear tips out along the nozzle as far as they go until the flange on the ear tip locks against the IEM nozzle flange.
I have been doing your spacer trick as well and after working well with the divinus tips on the ie600 i have expanded the little trick to other iems. For me, it is an adjustment always just for the right side to adjust for my uneven ear anatomy. before i was cutting tips down for my other ear but this way no need to butcher the tips. thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back