Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Aug 28, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,831 of 2,284
I can help you in measuring the unit as i have a coupler with me.
It's going to be a hassle if you arent located in Kolkata. Besides that, let's say there is a measurable frequency response mismatch. Who is going to fix it?
It shouldn't be the problem of the customer to inspect the product properly. It is the brand's duty.

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #1,832 of 2,284
It's going to be a hassle if you arent located in Kolkata. Besides that, let's say there is a measurable frequency response mismatch. Who is going to fix it?
It shouldn't be the problem of the customer to inspect the product properly. It is the brand's duty.
You can question them with a frequency measurement as proof. Though it's your call, and yeah I am not from Kolkata so that will be a problem as well.

Hope you get some help regarding the same from Sennheiser.

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #1,833 of 2,284
You can question them with a frequency measurement as proof. Though it's your call, and yeah I am not from Kolkata so that will be a problem as well.

Hope you get some help regarding the same from Sennheiser.
Thanks for the offer. I will ask if they will accept a frequency measurement as proof before going through any further steps.

Anyways the point being why does a customer have to do this? An audio company does not have the proper equipment to test its own devices. It's not how things are done.

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #1,834 of 2,284
Anyways the point being why does a customer have to do this? An audio company does not have the proper equipment to test its own devices. It's not how things are done.
Yeah this is not something that we expect from a brand such as Sennheiser. They should have a measuring rig.

Aug 28, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #1,835 of 2,284
Quick shout out for the solid material and construction.. A big slice of the attraction knowing these can last a lifetime without having to be overly protective. I would live a life of sweaty palms owning something like Thieaudio Monarchs or something like that. Seriously there's a massive weight off that aspect to owning something ultra portable at this price.. The left ear piece hopped off the ground the other day , what would happen to a Monarch if that happened? With all the different bits inside too! Nervous wreck!

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,836 of 2,284
Hello. I bought Tripowin cable in German store and the earphone separates from the cable and when I take it off it's completely loose. Is there something I could be doing wrong when inserting the MMCX in the cable or should I claim for a construction defect?

Aug 28, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,837 of 2,284
Hello. I bought Tripowin cable in German store and the earphone separates from the cable and when I take it off it's completely loose. Is there something I could be doing wrong when inserting the MMCX in the cable or should I claim for a construction defect?
You likely bought a regular MMCX cable. These, however, do not really work with the IE series, as they use a recessed MMCX socket, so only very specific cables especially built for this series will work. An example of that would be the Tripowin Noire (Sennheiser MMCX version). Which cable did you buy? I tried several other Tripowin cables in the past and if you remove the little plastic rings on the MMCX connectors, they usually fit pretty well and much more stable than what you described. But if you don't want to go that route, just send the cable back and buy one that really works for the IE series.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,838 of 2,284
You likely bought a regular MMCX cable. These, however, do not really work with the IE series, as they use a recessed MMCX socket, so only very specific cables especially built for this series will work. An example of that would be the Tripowin Noire (Sennheiser MMCX version). Which cable did you buy? I tried several other Tripowin cables in the past and if you remove the little plastic rings on the MMCX connectors, they usually fit pretty well and much more stable than what you described. But if you don't want to go that route, just send the cable back and buy one that really works for the IE series.
Thank you for your answer. I bought this one https://hifi-passion.de/en/cable-adapter/iem-cables/1291/tripowin-noire I believe it is the correct one and that the cable is defective because it holds one of the headphones perfectly and leaves the other one loose. I requested a replacement from the store. Now I hesitate to ask for a refund.

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #1,839 of 2,284
Thank you for your answer. I bought this one https://hifi-passion.de/en/cable-adapter/iem-cables/1291/tripowin-noire I believe it is the correct one and that the cable is defective because it holds one of the headphones perfectly and leaves the other one loose. I requested a replacement from the store. Now I hesitate to ask for a refund.
No it’s not the correct one. There is one specifically for Sennheiser MMCX.

It’s this one:

https://hifi-passion.de/en/cable-adapter/iem-cables/1394/tripowin-noire-sennheiser-mmcx

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,841 of 2,284
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #1,844 of 2,284
Anyone else get a bit paranoid that other iems with multiple drivers sound amazing and better even though the single driver on the 600 is great... just because of all those drivers I wonder sometimes seeing as I couldn't test them..
Well. Unless I try it, and have a well defined standard I feel the current gear lacks, I also cannot say it's better for sure. I would take any chance for more experiences of course, but as far as my earphones are working, I think I can be happy with that. If that in my hand is ie600, not really much to complain as well.

Recently I had a chance to try 38 earphones at a shop, almost all of them kilobucks, some of them of configuration that I gave up to remember the moment I read their descriptions.

While I don't consider ie600 the sharpest tool in my shed, I consider it a good enough that it stands out to have its purpose. There weren't so many in that 38 I will prefer over that IE600 (The only thing that clearly stood out to me was Viento, which is 'only 4 BA').

If ie600 was my only earphone and I am on a trip to some barren land for few months, only when the right channel starts to not make any sound anymore, I will become paranoid for the following three days for sure

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,845 of 2,284
Well. Unless I try it, and have a well defined standard I feel the current gear lacks, I also cannot say it's better for sure. I would take any chance for more experiences of course, but as far as my earphones are working, I think I can be happy with that. If that in my hand is ie600, not really much to complain as well.

Recently I had a chance to try 38 earphones at a shop, almost all of them kilobucks, some of them of configuration that I gave up to remember the moment I read their descriptions.

While I don't consider ie600 the sharpest tool in my shed, I consider it a good enough that it stands out to have its purpose. There weren't so many in that 38 I will prefer over that IE600 (The only thing that clearly stood out to me was Viento, which is 'only 4 BA').

If ie600 was my only earphone and I am on a trip to some barren land for few months, only when the right channel starts to not make any sound anymore, I will become paranoid for the following three days for sure
The ultra expensive iems have 20 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back