Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 24, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #661 of 2,257
I'm using Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC.
I've used Azla standard one but not feel comfortable in long term, it has a little pressure in my ear.
Spinfit CP100 also good choice.
I'm using Xelastec on the IE300 with great results. Currently my favorite tips for them after trying stock, senn tws tips, spinfits, acoustune, generic stock white KZ tips, and various others.

For me they help improve the resolution, while retaining the bass thump and texture and bring the vocals forward. Other tips seem to do some things good but with compromises.

Maybe their stickiness helps with the seal? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Will likely be trying them with the IE600 when they come in as well.

May 24, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #663 of 2,257
I'm using Xelastec on the IE300 with great results. Currently my favorite tips for them after trying stock, senn tws tips, spinfits, acoustune, generic stock white KZ tips, and various others.

For me they help improve the resolution, while retaining the bass thump and texture and bring the vocals forward. Other tips seem to do some things good but with compromises.

Maybe their stickiness helps with the seal? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Will likely be trying them with the IE600 when they come in as well.
I am using Xelastec tips now. Amazing fit and comfort. But they don't have a filter like on stock IE600 tips and now they became sibilant. Maybe after burning in the sibilance will go away?

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #666 of 2,257
I'm strongly considering saving up those 700 bucks for them. I have read one of the reviews on another site. The reviewer complained about the microphonic effect on the cable. Did any of you who got your hands on IE600 have experienced this?
The cable doesn't worry me because I like listening to the ie600 sitting down & relaxing.
I also wouldn't not buy the ie600 because of what you have heard about the cable the iem is a very nice sounding piece of equipment.

May 25, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #667 of 2,257
Does the IE600 sound bright?- i see on the graphs significant peaks at 9 and 15khz - more so than many other IEMs that I like (Andromeda, Sony IERM7 etc).
Perhaps it's designed to be used more with foam tips to dull the treble peaks? I am considering this IEM but I'm worried because I'm treble sensitive.

May 25, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #668 of 2,257
I am also interested in the comparison between the ier-m9 & the ie600.
I have had the ier-m9 for about 4 days now & love it & have the ie600 on back order.
Have you had a chance to compare the ie600w with IERM9? I have the IERM7 which is one of my reference points.

May 25, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #669 of 2,257
Does the IE600 sound bright?- i see on the graphs significant peaks at 9 and 15khz - more so than many other IEMs that I like (Andromeda, Sony IERM7 etc).
Perhaps it's designed to be used more with foam tips to dull the treble peaks? I am considering this IEM but I'm worried because I'm treble sensitive.
I didn't find them any bright at all and I am also treble sensitive.

May 25, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #670 of 2,257
Have you had a chance to compare the ie600w with IERM9? I have the IERM7 which is one of my reference points.
Yes I have listened to them both side by side & love both of them i don't consider the ie600 bright at all.
The ie600 is basically a slightly faster paced ier-m9 to my ears it doesn't do anything wrong & is very clear & fun to listen to.
The ie600 has good bass,mids & treble all in one.

May 25, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #671 of 2,257
Yes I have listened to them both side by side & love both of them i don't consider the ie600 bright at all.
The ie600 is basically a slightly faster paced ier-m9 to my ears it doesn't do anything wrong & is very clear & fun to listen to.
The ie600 has good bass,mids & treble all in one.
Thanks for that. If you had to pick one which one would it be from these two?

I guess my concern is this when comparing both. The IE600 has around +7-8db on certain high frequencies vs the IERM9 - it should sound a fair bit brighter based on the measurements. I've also read mixed reviews, some saying they're warmish others saying caution must be taken if sensitive to brightness.

Where the IERM9 are concerned, the collective view is they're studio neutral with a touch of warmth/smoothness

1653471845218.png

May 25, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #672 of 2,257
Update on tips:

Azla Crystal - Great seal. Comfortable. Opens up the soundstage width quite noticably but looses in resolution. In certain tracks makes the IE600 (very) sibilant. Looses a bit on sub bass.
Spinfit CP100 - Very comfortable. Soundstage improved a bit. Music sounds more focused, (more engaging) maybe becaused mids are more pushed up. Sub bass retained.
Spiral Dot++ - still incoming.

I think I just wasted money on the Crystals - soundstage was so open that resolution and imaging suffers. Looking forward to Spiral Dot++ as it's been a long time since I owned one, first version was good to me :fingers_crossed:

Listening to the Azla and CP100 puts the stock tips to shame. Stock tips are really thin and doesn't seal well - even if pushed all the way in my ear canal.

UPDATE:

Azla SednaEarfit/Light Standard - As comfortable as the CP100s. Opens up the soundstage a lot better than the CP100! More refined bass and sub bass rumble is very close to stock tips. Instrument separation is a lot better than the CP100. A tad bit clearer mids. Highs has more texture, more body.

Thanks @Lightspeed12 for the suggestion. :thumbsup: Now will do a head to head between this and the Spiral Dot++ once it arrives.

May 25, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #673 of 2,257
Thanks for that. If you had to pick one which one would it be from these two?

I guess my concern is this when comparing both. The IE600 has around +7-8db on certain high frequencies vs the IERM9 - it should sound a fair bit brighter based on the measurements. I've also read mixed reviews, some saying they're warmish others saying caution must be taken if sensitive to brightness.

Where the IERM9 are concerned, the collective view is they're studio neutral with a touch of warmth/smoothness

1653471845218.png
Personally have both in the collection (and coincidentally are among my favourites) - I would say ie600 is a touch brighter than M9 but not by much. I found the IE600 to be more u-shaped vs the warm neutral sound that M9 has. Both are very complimentary pairs, agree that they have their similarities (easy to listen, detail with a touch of fun) but just slightly different (think dynamic vs BA) to valid having both. Of course, YMMV.

May 25, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #674 of 2,257
Depends on the tips. The stock tips have some filter in them and they are ok. When I switched to Xelastec they became harsh on treble. But mine are not burn in yet, I will give them another 50-100hrs and them try them again.

May 25, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #675 of 2,257
A6310949-D0D2-4FB4-8486-305F3A3F762C.jpeg

Finally here after some DHL idiocy:
Roon → Chord Mojo2Poly → IE 600

My first real IEM having never had anything better than Sennheiser Momentum from years ago.

First off I really like the sound and they are excellent. Can’t wait to listen more to get to know them.

Before I got to that point there was lots of messing around with tips to feel okay. It’s not perfect and at one time I had one ear feeling off and not fitted making me feel it wasn’t a good sound. I have many more tips to try and will probably buy some spiral dots and some of the other recommended ones.

The cable is microphonic, something I hadn’t expected. I’m okay with it right now, but could see myself changing cable eventually.

I’m a happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back