Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Dec 10, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,291 of 2,221
The Vivids just came in and I am really loving the feel of these! The silicone is crazy sticky and it gets such a good seal. They sound very similar to the Azla Sednaearfit but with a tiny extra "pop". The FAudio Intrumental tips give a bigger bass bump than the Vivids which I really like and mellow the treble which can be good and bad depending on the track. They aren't sticky and don't give me as good a seal but they are comfortable. Unfortunately one of the tips in the pair I got from MTMT Audio has a tear, hopefully they can send me another pair
I buy my vivid directly from Azlas site but MTMT are pretty good. Final audio are one of the tips I haven't tried the e type seems to be popular, I found sony tips increases bass slightly also but sound stage suffers.
When tip rolling it is really important to listen to quality tracks for noticeable differences i find.

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #1,292 of 2,221
I buy my vivid directly from Azlas site but MTMT are pretty good. Final audio are one of the tips I haven't tried the e type seems to be popular, I found sony tips increases bass slightly also but sound stage suffers.
When tip rolling it is really important to listen to quality tracks for noticeable differences i find.
Yeah I have final audio type Es as well but I haven't found an iem that I prefer them on yet. The faudio instrument tips are different though and I do like those but I think vivids are going to stay attached to my IE600s

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #1,295 of 2,221
I don't have IE600 but in a brief, the PAW S2 is more smooth than the M15 in sound. PAW S2 also has buttons to easily control your source (volume +/-, play/pause) and it can be adjusted some tunings by device setting.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #1,296 of 2,221
Yeah I have final audio type Es as well but I haven't found an iem that I prefer them on yet. The faudio instrument tips are different though and I do like those but I think vivids are going to stay attached to my IE600s
Another one to try which i like especially on the blessing 2 & ie600 is the azla sednaearfit MAX Standard. They have silicone grill & are the same fit as the vivid but maybe a little softer in the ear.

Dec 23, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #1,298 of 2,221
Anybody have any thoughts on whether Sennheiser will take the lessons learned with the 600 and make some tweaks to the 900?

I’m betting they will, just because we’re really just talking about a re-tuning… it costs them next-to-nothing, and Sennheiser has shown they like to have their ear to the ground… their presence here and their relationship with Drop being good examples.

If they do a 900 re-tune, I wonder if it will be an unannounced thing, like when they quietly changed the baffling in the HD 650, thereby ridding that headphone of the “veil” that plagued the earlier examples… Or if they will advertise it and rename it the IE 900 S, or even IE 950…

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,301 of 2,221
Anybody have any thoughts on whether Sennheiser will take the lessons learned with the 600 and make some tweaks to the 900?

I’m betting they will, just because we’re really just talking about a re-tuning… it costs them next-to-nothing, and Sennheiser has shown they like to have their ear to the ground… their presence here and their relationship with Drop being good examples.

If they do a 900 re-tune, I wonder if it will be an unannounced thing, like when they quietly changed the baffling in the HD 650, thereby ridding that headphone of the “veil” that plagued the earlier examples… Or if they will advertise it and rename it the IE 900 S, or even IE 950…

What exactly are the "learned lessons" ? The 900 doesn't need any adjustments. It is unapologetically itself.

Dec 25, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #1,302 of 2,221
.... IF you want a IEM that is good for EQ, buy the Fiio FD5.

THD is 0.004 procent.
Price, about 250 us/euro.
Stok sound is very close to a perfect Harman Curve.

Kinda hard to find a IEM with a lower THD that will take EQ better :)

But hey, it's your 💰💰💰

Dec 26, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,303 of 2,221
Got them a few days ago for around 540 euro. I wanted an endgame iem. I have the fiio fh3 and was initially looking at fiio fh9. Didn't like the metallic treble on those so I went with single dd. I absolutely love them. The sound with the stock tips lacks a bit of mid bass. I changed to the Acoustune aet07 and the mid bass came to life. They sound addictive. As for the treble, it is very nice and resolving without being sharp.

Dec 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #1,304 of 2,221
What exactly are the "learned lessons" ? The 900 doesn't need any adjustments. It is unapologetically itself.
I can appreciate the sentiment, but it seems a bit romantic, ha ha. I dunno if I’d justify an IEM that’s not performing as expected in the marketplace as “unapologetically itself”… this is consumer audio equipment we’re talking about, not JD Salinger or Kanye West.

Sennheiser is in the business of selling IEMs, not acting as a patron to flagships which, failing to make their numbers, enjoy a cult following among a few users willing to forgive their oddities. The ie900’s tuning needs to appeal to just as many people as the ie600, even if, as a $1500 flagship, it represents an aspirational acquisition to many.

So when the majority of reviewers decree that the ie600 is the best all around IEM that Sennheiser sells, including many reviewers affiliated with retailers that sell Sennheiser IEMs, Sennheiser has a problem. A serious one.

Since the solution is a simple re-tune, I see no reason why Sennheiser wouldn’t make it happen. Particularly considering Sennheiser has a history of tweaking products based on user/reviewer feedback.

Dec 27, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #1,305 of 2,221
I can appreciate the sentiment, but it seems a bit romantic, ha ha. I dunno if I’d justify an IEM that’s not performing as expected in the marketplace as “unapologetically itself”… this is consumer audio equipment we’re talking about, not JD Salinger or Kanye West.

Sennheiser is in the business of selling IEMs, not acting as a patron to flagships which, failing to make their numbers, enjoy a cult following among a few users willing to forgive their oddities. The ie900’s tuning needs to appeal to just as many people as the ie600, even if, as a $1500 flagship, it represents an aspirational acquisition to many.

So when the majority of reviewers decree that the ie600 is the best all around IEM that Sennheiser sells, including many reviewers affiliated with retailers that sell Sennheiser IEMs, Sennheiser has a problem. A serious one.

Since the solution is a simple re-tune, I see no reason why Sennheiser wouldn’t make it happen. Particularly considering Sennheiser has a history of tweaking products based on user/reviewer feedback.
If sennheiser goes to the trouble of tweaking the ie900 to sound more like a ie600 then all they will end up with is a polished alloy ie600 lol. There are a lot of Audiophiles on here that rank the ie900 above the ie600 anyway so its really a matter of taste. I have both the ie300 & ie600, i really enjoy the ie300 also because it is slightly different. Sennheiser didn't do themselves any favours by increasing the ie900 price thats for sure as its not worth an extra $300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back