Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Nov 18, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #1,246 of 2,246
The ie 300 is on a black Friday deal on amazon UK for £114 bargain

Nov 23, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #1,249 of 2,246
Hi mates, I am currently listening to my IE600 via a Mac Studio and occasionally an iPhone. Would my listening experience benefit from a separate dac/amp? If so, which one would you recommend?

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #1,250 of 2,246
Hi mates, I am currently listening to my IE600 via a Mac Studio and occasionally an iPhone. Would my listening experience benefit from a separate dac/amp? If so, which one would you recommend?
I use my ie600 on the ifi idsd micro signature & find it has a wider more spacious sound stage especially when using the 3d switch, sometimes the bass boost, also has slightly improved clarity.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,251 of 2,246
I'm not sure if it is just my cable or if others are having the same issue as I am. I normally keep the chin slider down for home use. I decided to take them on the go with me and slid up the chin slider to keep everything cinched up. When going back down, they got VERY stuck somewhere like 3/8's the way down - almost enough to barely work as a J-Hook style cable. I used mineral oil and a touch too much pulling to finally get it to slide down. I can blindly feel where there looks to be a slight inner cable stretch/twist in the cable.

I'll probably need to scour this thread again for an alternate cable, just in case this stock one starts to short out.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,252 of 2,246
I'm not sure if it is just my cable or if others are having the same issue as I am. I normally keep the chin slider down for home use. I decided to take them on the go with me and slid up the chin slider to keep everything cinched up. When going back down, they got VERY stuck somewhere like 3/8's the way down - almost enough to barely work as a J-Hook style cable. I used mineral oil and a touch too much pulling to finally get it to slide down. I can blindly feel where there looks to be a slight inner cable stretch/twist in the cable.

I'll probably need to scour this thread again for an alternate cable, just in case this stock one starts to short out.
Yes I have that problem also my slide only goes up a few inches & then it gets stuck big time & it is tight pulling down.
Not very well thought out at all you would think they would check these on production.

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #1,254 of 2,246
I am seriously tempted to get ifi's xdsd gryphon to pair with the IE600. Does anyone have experience with this combination? I am particularly concerned regarding "hiss" from the balanced output of the ifi, with IEMs which are easy to drive...

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #1,257 of 2,246
How would you compare the IE600 with the Andro 2020?
Different beasts. Andro is has a lot of midbass with great details and imaging but not a lot of slam/dynamics. Ie600 is more v shaped with better dynamics and great timbre which I usually associate with dynamic drivers.

If I'm listening to electronic music or something that sounds better with bass I usually go for the ie600. If I am listening to more vocal centric music I usually pick up the Andros.

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #1,258 of 2,246
Different beasts. Andro is has a lot of midbass with great details and imaging but not a lot of slam/dynamics. Ie600 is more v shaped with better dynamics and great timbre which I usually associate with dynamic drivers.

If I'm listening to electronic music or something that sounds better with bass I usually go for the ie600. If I am listening to more vocal centric music I usually pick up the Andros.
I had today the opportunity to test the Andro 2020, Supermoon (universal fit) and Solaris 2020 A&K Edition and to compare them with the IE600. I liked the IE600 more because the Andro 2020 was too warm, the Solaris somehow too... congested? but I liked the vocal very much, the Supermoon on the other side had too recessed back vocal (= deal breaker for me) but other than that I liked the airy and detailed presentation. And the comfort of the IE600 is just superb! I had more fun with the IE600 and I'm looking to compare it with the IE900 and Xelento 2...

Nov 26, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #1,259 of 2,246
I am seriously tempted to get ifi's xdsd gryphon to pair with the IE600. Does anyone have experience with this combination? I am particularly concerned regarding "hiss" from the balanced output of the ifi, with IEMs which are easy to drive...
I have the ifi micro idsd signature with the ie600 & highly recommend it. No hiss, crisp clear sound & great with 3d switched on.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #1,260 of 2,246

AFAIK, the Gryphon never had any "hiss" issue on it's 4.4mm out - I got mine since it's release and have continously monitored the forums - no such issue. The issue with Gryphon's 4.4mm is that some users have issues with some of their cables (with 4.4mm) not working at all - fitment/alignment/size (no sure). I didn't have any issues with my unit.

The only other iFi product that I know that has a "hiss" issue was the GO blu. A lot of reviewers have reported this, but iFi has already resolved this on later iterations, my GO blu doesn't have any hiss or range issues.

To answer your question, I don't hear any hiss on my IE600 when pairing it with my Gryphon - in both Balanced and SE connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back