Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Nov 8, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,231 of 2,252
Just got the ie 600 any tip recommended for boosting the bass a bit? They are sounding just a touch lacking in comparison to my acoustune 1670ss

Nov 8, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #1,232 of 2,252
Just got the ie 600 any tip recommended for boosting the bass a bit? They are sounding just a touch lacking in comparison to my acoustune 1670ss

Final Audio Type Es

Nov 8, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,233 of 2,252
Nov 8, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,234 of 2,252
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #1,237 of 2,252
Mojo2Poly

EQ

Sub Bass

Mid Bass

chew on the tips like, 5GUM.

Nov 12, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #1,240 of 2,252
Got to say I'm loving the IE 600 a phenomenal listen across the whole range nearest I've got to all genre king

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #1,242 of 2,252
how is the EQ setting? It looks wayyyy to mid focused for me. especially with that drop in bass
I don't get it... Why in god's name would you buy a 600$$ iem, and then tune it to a Harman Curve?!?!

Just get a Kato, or a Fiio FD5 or something.... They will practically always be better because of lower THD, as they are not EQ'ed...

Ps. Would not call the Harman target mid focused...

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,243 of 2,252
I don't get it... Why in god's name would you buy a 600$$ iem, and then tune it to a Harman Curve?!?!

Just get a Kato, or a Fiio FD5 or something.... They will practically always be better because of lower THD, as they are not EQ'ed...

Ps. Would not call the Harman target mid focused...
You are right it's not mid focused. I misread the numbers. It's got crazy gain in the 3-6k area which the 600 does not need imo but I assume is to offset the dip at 10k. Either way I 100% agree that it's silly to go through such lengths to EQ the 600 to harman

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,245 of 2,252
New, happy owner of the IE600. Got an unused open box item from Amazon for $570 - so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Free and easy returns from Amazon = nothing to lose on my end. And I had to try something. The only other IEM I tried prior was the Blessing 2 and I wasn't a fan at all; was very uncomfortable (i.e., too big) and didn't sound all that great. Over hyped, IMO.

So after that I initial (failed) IEM trial, I started to eye the Monarch MK2 but was swayed by a few reps from reputable online shops toward the Senns due to foreseeable fitment concerns. Apparently, my ear canals are on the smaller side of normal. And I was further told the Monarchs would most likely fit similarly to the Blessing 2 - something that I knew wouldn't work for me, unfortunately. So my journey continued...

Fast forward to me having the 600s in hand. Definitely smaller all around than the Blessings. Phew. And with the small, stock Senn silicon tips I can say I finally have a set of IEMs that fit well, sound great, and do the trick for public, out and about use (e.g., transit, office). Finally! Moving from over the ear to IEM for, say, the bus, is a complete game changer for me. Form factor and portability are right where I need it.

I also have the IE600s EQd a bit. Took the Crinacle AutoEQ profile and tweaked from there; Harman target isn' to my taste, but serves as a good baseline nonetheless. Anyhow... for those who may be on the fence; the IE600 is simply wonderful for the money! Only complaint, if I had to pick one, would be the placement of the center stage - it's simply not "wow - it's really right in front of me" good as my over the ear 'phones. But I'll take that one con for the pros I get with the IE600.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back