Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Apr 25, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #1,636 of 2,317
I've had the ie600 for a couple of days and I just don't get along with the cable every thing else is beyond my expectations.
Can anyone tell me what the cable is made of so I can keep it in mind when looking for an after market cable.
I suspect that It is a copper cable.
Any recommendations copper Vs silver Vs a hybrid cable.
I dislike the original cable so much that if I don't get a new one I might just use fuse wire.

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #1,637 of 2,317
I've had the ie600 for a couple of days and I just don't get along with the cable every thing else is beyond my expectations.
Can anyone tell me what the cable is made of so I can keep it in mind when looking for an after market cable.
I dislike the original cable so much that if I don't get a new one I might just use fuse wire.
The Eros S cable from Effect Audio will fit the IE600 with their mmcx connector. It is a hybrid cable. I use it with my iems and it is great cable that helps to open up the soundstage without interfering with the tuning of the iem.

May 1, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,639 of 2,317
Has anyone listened to both the IE600 and the new 64 Audio U4s? Would love to hear some comparisons of the two. I was leaning towards buying the IE600 when the U4s were released, and ultimately decided to go with the U4s due to my familiarity with 64 Audio. But I still have the urge to get the IE600 as well and just want to see if anyone has had experiences with both.

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,640 of 2,317
Has anyone listened to both the IE600 and the new 64 Audio U4s? Would love to hear some comparisons of the two. I was leaning towards buying the IE600 when the U4s were released, and ultimately decided to go with the U4s due to my familiarity with 64 Audio. But I still have the urge to get the IE600 as well and just want to see if anyone has had experiences with both.
I'm interested also as I currently own the ie600 (they are my current favourite iems) and I am considering the U4s. I've always wanted to try the U12T but their price has always been just out of reach for me to personally justify so the U4s could potentially fill the gap seeing as they seem as well regarded as the U12T.

May 3, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #1,642 of 2,317
Looks like Sennheiser is doing a pilot project in Germany making custom fit tips for their current IE lineup. But it is only for Germany based customers. Would love to hear some feedback if any Germany based head fi members end up getting these custom fitted tips for their IE600.
I will likely try it in the near future! Excited about it - thanks for the info!

May 4, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #1,644 of 2,317
In the high end IEM world, double the price buys you 5-10% more performance, take it or leave it. If you want the very best, you have to be ready to pay. Saying that, the IE900 is possibly the best value flagship on the market right now. IE600 seems like a high end performer too, if you're willing to forego the last squeeze of technical performance you get with the 900.
Somewhat - yes, but sharing the same DNA, ie600 is a little bit different-
My experience is 600 more like mix of elder series with musicality of 600s, will smaller soundstage, but only 15-20%.
900 is more like hd800s - they’re clean, clear, extra refined with big soundstage, not huge but big.
I find that I’m using it less and less. Both are great, but currently I’ve rediscovered FD01 and have a lot of fun listening to it😊😊😊

May 4, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,645 of 2,317
I can share that I find PW audio cable very well suited for ie series, as well as Cadmus S and Eros S. I didn’t like Ares S, maybe 8W is better, but it feels like it’s hit or miss.

May 4, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #1,646 of 2,317
Eartips- I like them with Azla Sedna Earfit short that I already own. Tried them on based on recommendations for azla here and liked the balance it brought (compared to the original tips). You definitely should get something that is wide bore, but that might affect seal.

Cable: Yes, it is very bad. I ordered a xinhs cable but got a regular mmcx instead, which is very loose (in the process of getting a replacement). Yes, you do need modified mmcx for these IEMs. The good news is that they are available.

I have monarch mk ii as well. Monarch is mid-focused with better technicalities, but IE600 is better in terms of bass impact and timbre. For me, they are complimentary. You can be satisfied with either one based on your preference.
Made the step and bought the Mest MKII. Man, what a difference. Yes, they are bigger than the IE 600, but the sound is so much better (for me at least) and the cable quality is superb.

May 4, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,647 of 2,317
Looks like Sennheiser is doing a pilot project in Germany making custom fit tips for their current IE lineup. But it is only for Germany based customers. Would love to hear some feedback if any Germany based head fi members end up getting these custom fitted tips for their IE600.
Thank you for the information!
I am interested and will look for further information on the Sennheiser website 😊

Edit: Found it!
Info on Sennheiser Website

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,648 of 2,317
Made the step and bought the Mest MKII. Man, what a difference. Yes, they are bigger than the IE 600, but the sound is so much better (for me at least) and the cable quality is superb.
They are also 3x the price at nearly 2 grand

May 4, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,649 of 2,317
Thank you for the information!
I am interested and will look for further information on the Sennheiser website 😊

Edit: Found it!
Info on Sennheiser Website
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts if you decide to get some made. I read that they are going to begin taking orders at High End Munich in two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back