Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 5, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #1,654 of 2,317
Does anyone have a suggestion for a better iem in terms of technical performance than the ie600 at close prices?
You could check out the the 64 Audio U4s. However it is $300 more than the IE600. I don’t know if this IEM is better than the IE600, I’m still looking to see if anyone has heard both and could provide a comparison. I was considering buying the IE600 last month when 64 Audio released their U4s and I decided to purchase the U4s. Very happy with my decision. The U4s does use a two-pin connection so finding after market cables is much easier. Good luck with your search!

May 6, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #1,655 of 2,317
Does anyone have a suggestion for a better iem in terms of technical performance than the ie600 at close prices?

Maybe the S8?

May 7, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,658 of 2,317
I'm very interested in ordering those customs tips. The website says it can be ordered at sennheiser-hearing niw, but I don't see it anywhere?
You can order it here
I just did it. Now waiting for the voucher :relaxed:

May 9, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #1,662 of 2,317
I agree with KeaneShadow. If you have a chance to try out 64 Audio at your local store, please give U4s a listen. I recently auditioned it and the sound is very attractive and engaging. However, you will lose the detail retrieval offered by IE 600 especially if you are looking for a bright tuning with good sub bass. Sound stage also isn't good as IE 600. It does depend on your listening genre. The U4s's bass is really in your face (tested with M15 module) but the highs aren't bright or should I say 'safer'. It is more of a L shaped tuning (neutral with boosted bass) but still not lacking treble. If you thought the IE 600 was sibilant even though it isn't, then you should give U4s a try. It will be comparatively darker but let your brain transition (meaning give it time). The U4s will be featured with M12 module, so make sure you try it because the M15/20 makes bass right in your face. If you're a basshead, you'll love it. Otherwise I reckon the M12 would be better. The MX makes the entire sound signature very balanced (neutral with no boost in the sub bass). All 4 modules are included in the pack so you'll definitely find something suitable. All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back