Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
Dec 24, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #48 of 143
I've been looking for a SQ comparison of the Rose RS130 & DMP-A8 as SPDIF streamers, but haven't found one so far.
I found a comment from Steve Huff earlier. Basically saying the RS130 was superior to his ears.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #50 of 143
I already heared the rs150, analogue wise it sounds just a little better than a a8, but do realize it is more than double the price!

The 130 streamer only is even more expensive. With that one I doubt the difference can be much.

I did hear a better performanc between the a6 and a8 digital, with the tt2+mscaler. But doubt there can be a big difference digitally between those two

But I rather buy a tt2+m8 than a rs130 and have to add the price of a tt2 to it.

Rs130+tt2= €9799
A8+tt2=€6979

Add a €3000 second hand mscaler to it, and it is bye bye👋🏻 rs130

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #51 of 143
I already heared the rs150, analogue wise it sounds just a little better than a a8, but do realize it is more than double the price!

The 130 streamer only is even more expensive. With that one I doubt the difference can be much.

I did hear a better performanc between the a6 and a8 digital, with the tt2+mscaler. But doubt there can be a big difference digitally between those two

But I rather buy a tt2+m8 than a rs130 and have to add the price of a tt2 to it.

Rs130+tt2= €9799
A8+tt2=€6979

Add a €3000 second hand mscaler to it, and it is bye bye👋🏻 rs130
Not sure that's the way I'd look at it TBH. And I certainly wouldn't be buying Chord, so many better options.

Perhaps start with the A8 and use it in isolation before adding boxes? Flagship AKM is no joke...

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #52 of 143
Not sure that's the way I'd look at it TBH. And I certainly wouldn't be buying Chord, so many better options.

Perhaps start with the A8 and use it in isolation before adding boxes? Flagship AKM is no joke...
I already compared them, it sounds okay, but I can assure you a tt2+mscaler wins easily (but you pay for it, I agree)

Also for convience you can use hqplayer instead and I know exactly how it works, but too much of a fuss, even for someone 30 year working in IT.

And better is quite subjective, I have more option sounding less than better than chord tt2. Holo may is very good but not my cup of tea, same price range?

And not a fan of ess sabre.

But (honestly) curious to what options you suggest?

Dec 25, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #53 of 143

Hello,

my friend have A8. And he is using it like all in one solution. Before the A8, it had a Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center (dac/preamp). The rest of the system are Nuprime ST-10M monoblocks and Dynaudio Contour 30 speakers. In this system also has Audeze lcd-x headphones and Violectric hpa v200. I can say that the A8 sounds very very good. Good resolution on the bass, transparent sound. Lots of details. But still a strong midrange.

regards,
Simon

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #54 of 143
Hello,

my friend have A8. And he is using it like all in one solution. Before the A8, it had a Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center (dac/preamp). In this system also has Audeze lcd-x headphones and Violectric hpa v200. I can say that the A8 sounds very very good. Good resolution on the bass, transparent sound. Lots of details. But still a strong midrange.

regards,
Simon
I agree is absolutely sound very good, no doubt about that

Dec 25, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #55 of 143
I've been looking for a SQ comparison of the Rose RS130 & DMP-A8 as SPDIF streamers, but haven't found one so far.
I owned the Rose 13, the eversolo A6, a6 master, and now A8. I sold the Rose 130. Too laid back and too smooth sounding for my taste. Operation of the Rose 130 is very frustrating, especially having used the software for eversolo. I have not opened the box yet for my A8. so I cannot comment on the sound yet. I found the a6 master with the upgraded power supply to be more engaging than the ultra-smooth 130. For equipment, I use a Passlabs 250, Denefries Terminator 2 anniversary, and Dynaudio special 40's.
I used all 3 as streamers and they did not sound the same.

Dec 25, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #56 of 143
I owned the Rose 13, the eversolo A6, a6 master, and now A8. I sold the Rose 130. Too laid back and too smooth sounding for my taste. Operation of the Rose 130 is very frustrating, especially having used the software for eversolo. I have not opened the box yet for my A8. so I cannot comment on the sound yet. I found the a6 master with the upgraded power supply to be more engaging than the ultra-smooth 130. For equipment, I use a Passlabs 250, Denefries Terminator 2 anniversary, and Dynaudio special 40's.
You sold the Rose RS130 transport? What was wrong with the software? Why didn't you just use Roon to control it?

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #57 of 143
You sold the Rose RS130 transport? What was wrong with the software? Why didn't you just use Roon to control it?

software was very buggy. I did not want to use Roon as it would require monthly fee. I have enough of those with cable and other tv streaming. Plus I was not happy with the sound in my system. It just sounded bland and lifeless in my system. I tried to copy an external drive full of music to an installed internal drive and after an hour or so, only half the music got copied. I through up the white flag. I might try an aurender later on. The 130 cost too much for so many issues. There are other quirks as well.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #58 of 143
software was very buggy. I did not want to use Roon as it would require monthly fee. I have enough of those with cable and other tv streaming. Plus I was not happy with the sound in my system. It just sounded bland and lifeless in my system. I tried to copy an external drive full of music to an installed internal drive and after an hour or so, only half the music got copied. I through up the white flag. I might try an aurender later on. The 130 cost too much for so many issues. There are other quirks as well.
Fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your experience. I am considering the RS130 at the moment.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #59 of 143

Very interesting, thanks. Please do share your impressions of the A8 as a streamer.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #60 of 143
Fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your experience. I am considering the RS130 at the moment.
You are welcome. I wanted to love the 130 as it is built like a tank, and it does have a refined type of sound. I like a somewhat upfront sound stage and the 130 was back too far for me. The Eversolo A6 was much to forward for me. The eversolo master with LPS push the sound back a good notch. Supposedly the A8 is suppose to have a more refined sound then both. I have not unboxed mine yet so the jury is out. The 130 might work well in your system as there has been many good reviews. If you are going to mainly stream and use roon, it might just work for you. If not the 130 sales really fast. Mine sold 5 min after post on Ebay. If you get one I’ll will be interested in your take on your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back