Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #62 of 148
Compare A6 and A8 functionality with comparable products from Rose. Then look at that pricing.
I don't find that argument convincing. That's like saying because Lexus exists, Toyota can charge whatever they want for a moonroof. Or to use a more apt metaphor, because the IE900 exists, that Sennheiser can charge whatever they want for the IE600 as long as the accessories are the same. It's corporate simping.

Also, I'm not convinced of basic facts--that adding I2S would cost significantly more than the multichannel out that BOTH models of the A6 are currently utilizing the HDMI port for, and that including multichannel HDMI over I2S saved the A6 budget. To me, opting for multichannel over I2S seems more like a marketing or product choice over one made for cost, which renders the comparison to more expensive players moot. Lastly, I haven't actually checked this, but my guess is almost every DAC around the price of the A6 ME has an I2S input.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #64 of 148
I don't find that argument convincing. That's like saying because Lexus exists, Toyota can charge whatever they want for a moonroof. Or to use a more apt metaphor, because the IE900 exists, that Sennheiser can charge whatever they want for the IE600 as long as the accessories are the same. It's corporate simping.

Also, I'm not convinced of basic facts--that adding I2S would cost significantly more than the multichannel out that BOTH models of the A6 are currently utilizing the HDMI port for, and that including multichannel HDMI over I2S saved the A6 budget. To me, opting for multichannel over I2S seems more like a marketing or product choice over one made for cost, which renders the comparison to more expensive players moot. Lastly, I haven't actually checked this, but my guess is almost every DAC around the price of the A6 ME has an I2S input.
You've misunderstood my point.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 148
You've misunderstood my point.
To be fair, you didn't give me much to go on, so I made some assumptions. Regardless, I don't think comparing the A8 to Hifi Rose products is particularly helpful without some context...and you didn't provide any. But if your point is intentionally (or otherwise) insisting that I2S belongs only on multi-kilobuck streamers, I don't agree with that basic framing.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #66 of 148
Have you guys ever heard of a marketing strategy called “segmentation”? 😃
To be fair, you didn't give me much to go on, so I made some assumptions. Regardless, I don't think comparing the A8 to Hifi Rose products is particularly helpful without some context...and you didn't provide any. But if your point is intentionally (or otherwise) insisting that I2S belongs only on multi-kilobuck streamers, I don't agree with that basic framing.

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #67 of 148
Have you guys ever heard of a marketing strategy called “segmentation”? 😃
I mentioned earlier in the thread that the choice to not include I2S was due to marketing (or design), so yes. No need to be condescending.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #68 of 148
Pardon any ignorance with this question, but are balanced xlr and 3.5 single ended the only headphone output options?

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #70 of 148
Jan 11, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #71 of 148
You are welcome. I wanted to love the 130 as it is built like a tank, and it does have a refined type of sound. I like a somewhat upfront sound stage and the 130 was back too far for me. The Eversolo A6 was much to forward for me. The eversolo master with LPS push the sound back a good notch. Supposedly the A8 is suppose to have a more refined sound then both. I have not unboxed mine yet so the jury is out. The 130 might work well in your system as there has been many good reviews. If you are going to mainly stream and use roon, it might just work for you. If not the 130 sales really fast. Mine sold 5 min after post on Ebay. If you get one I’ll will be interested in your take on your system.
So how's the A8😬

Jan 11, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #72 of 148
No news about Roon Ready yet?

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #73 of 148
No news about Roon Ready yet?
Still quiet in that regard. A8 owners, including myself, keep pressing ROON in their community forum to no avail. Maybe the Harman acquisition has stalled progress.

Despite adding to play queues, I’m finding the Eversolo app no too bad for a GUI.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #74 of 148
I read somewhere on the interwebz that the guy over (yup, a single person,lol) at Roon in charge of handing out the Roon Ready tag got fired/or quit.
Dunno how true that is, just passing along info I read.

Regardless, most places are backordered. Spoke to Audio46 and they claim that the latest shipment is stuck in customs somewhere. I plan on using it as a Roon endpoint, so until that precious Roon Ready tag comes along I'm holding off on buying it.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #75 of 148
ABA has reviewed the A8! I'm still slightly annoyed that Eversolo refuses to make digital-only streamers but at least the A8 holds up to other comparable chip-based DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back