Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #77 of 148
I will be selling mine, look further. Maybe a auralic g1.1 something like that. A8 was a waste, I was looking for a streamer that gets the best out of my tt2+mscaler combi, without paying hifi rose rs130 prices.

Now it seems they only focussed to get the best out of analogue, and just kept digital almost the same. Not that it sounds bad. But knowing there are better options.

Not a bad streamer, but didn’t need the analogue, not the preamp functions. I already have extreme good dacs (chord and holomay) and amps that go way beyond the a8 capabilities.

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #78 of 148
I will be selling mine, look further. Maybe a auralic g1.1 something like that. A8 was a waste, I was looking for a streamer that gets the best out of my tt2+mscaler combi, without paying hifi rose rs130 prices.

Now it seems they only focussed to get the best out of analogue, and just kept digital almost the same. Not that it sounds bad. But knowing there are better options.

Not a bad streamer, but didn’t need the analogue, not the preamp functions. I already have extreme good dacs (chord and holomay) and amps that go way beyond the a8 capabilities.
This may sound a little left field but try using it with wifi connected via hotspot/mobile data from your phone.

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #79 of 148
Try looking to at Innuos Pulse/Pulsar.

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #80 of 148

Than try Lumin, Innuos....
A8 is primarily intended as an all-in-one solution
Not as just a streamer

Jan 20, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #81 of 148
Than try Lumin, Innuos....
A8 is primarily intended as an all-in-one solution
Not as just a streamer
Which streamer has the best app after eversolo? Never liked the app of rs hifi rose that much (rs250).

And that support internal qobuz(without using apps like mconnect), smb shares with folder view (not all the other crap view options).

Btw Bluesound and ifi stream sounded the worst I’ve had (digital).

Jan 20, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #82 of 148
Which streamer has the best app after eversolo? Never liked the app of rs hifi rose that much (rs250).

And that support internal qobuz(without using apps like mconnect), smb shares with folder view (not all the other crap view options).

Btw Bluesound and ifi stream sounded the worst I’ve had (digital).
My good friend had a Lumin u2 mini, Innuos Pulse and Eversolo A8 at home. As a streamer itself, the best was the Innuos Pulse. He decided on the A8 because he didn't want an additional external DAC. A8 has the best app, but both ...Lumin and Innuos have very good ones as well.

regards,
Simon

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #83 of 148
My good friend had a Lumin u2 mini, Innuos Pulse and Eversolo A8 at home. As a streamer itself, the best was the Innuos Pulse. He decided on the A8 because he didn't want an additional external DAC. A8 has the best app, but both ...Lumin and Innuos have very good ones as well.

regards,
Simon
So he actually chose the a8. Would be very curious if the innuos is worth the upgrade or don’t bother kind of upgrade. Would you mind asking?

What I mean by that , I am looking for the best streamer, and if a difference is say 7% than I would say the difference to me would be worh it, if it is only really subtle than ofcourse not. Like going from a arya stealth to a arya organic, difference yes but only subtle.

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #84 of 148
So he actually chose the a8. Would be very curious if the innuos is worth the upgrade or don’t bother kind of upgrade. Would you mind asking?

What I mean by that , I am looking for the best streamer, and if a difference is say 7% than I would say the difference to me would be worh it, if it is only really subtle than ofcourse not. Like going from a arya stealth to a arya organic, difference yes but only subtle.
The difference is quite audible. Pulse is definitely a higher class streamer. This is quickly noticed. If you have the chance, take it to the test. I don't think you will regret it.

regards,
Simon

Jan 20, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #85 of 148
If it’s ONLY a streamer you‘re after, no DAC/Preamp, then just go ahead and buy ANY streamer you want. Heck, buy a WiiM Mini or Pro, or an iFi Zen Blue or something really cheap and be done with it. Aside from the UX/GUI they‘ll all result in the same thing.

🤷‍♂️

I don’t care about the preamp in the A8 but the AKM DACs are awesome. Until ROON certification is present, the Eversolo app is actually not too bad as well.

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #86 of 148
If it’s ONLY a streamer you‘re after, no DAC/Preamp, then just go ahead and buy ANY streamer you want. Heck, buy a WiiM Mini or Pro, or an iFi Zen Blue or something really cheap and be done with it. Aside from the UX/GUI they‘ll all result in the same thing.

🤷‍♂️

I don’t care about the preamp in the A8 but the AKM DACs are awesome. Until ROON certification is present, the Eversolo app is actually not too bad as well.
That’s the point a lot of streamers sound thin. Only a few have calm sound. Bluesound for example, digitally awful sounding.

Akm dacs are very good yes, I have them in my astell and kern. But not as good as tt2+mscaler. Or holomay.

The eversolo app is one of the best I know, at least support smb shares with folder view normally. Even full qobuz support.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #87 of 148
That’s the point a lot of streamers sound thin. Only a few have calm sound. Bluesound for example, digitally awful sounding.

Akm dacs are very good yes, I have them in my astell and kern. But not as good as tt2+mscaler. Or holomay.

The eversolo app is one of the best I know, at least support smb shares with folder view normally. Even full qobuz support.
You tried my sound calming tweak yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back