Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
Feb 4, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #96 of 143
ABA has reviewed the A8! I'm still slightly annoyed that Eversolo refuses to make digital-only streamers but at least the A8 holds up to other comparable chip-based DACs.

I thought that too, untill I heared the a8 analogue and I actually quite like it. Now I use it for mainly bad recording music. And for my good recordings I use chord tt2+mscaler. The last is superb with good recordings. but can be to too honest when a recording sucks, in other words (it let you hear the recording sucks!) So there the build in dac of the A8 comes in and is more forgiving. Having several dacs connected is little too much for me (space regardering)

It would be nice to have a streamer version only, but don’t think it will cost that much less. The money is not in a few dac chips.

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #97 of 143
Me waiting for Roon Ready certification on the A8

grandpa-old-man.gif

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #99 of 143
I will be selling mine, look further. Maybe a auralic g1.1 something like that. A8 was a waste, I was looking for a streamer that gets the best out of my tt2+mscaler combi, without paying hifi rose rs130 prices.

Now it seems they only focussed to get the best out of analogue, and just kept digital almost the same. Not that it sounds bad. But knowing there are better options.

Not a bad streamer, but didn’t need the analogue, not the preamp functions. I already have extreme good dacs (chord and holomay) and amps that go way beyond the a8 capabilities.
There are lots of streamer only solutions. The A8 isn't for you, lots of other options are.

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #100 of 143
I don't find that argument convincing. That's like saying because Lexus exists, Toyota can charge whatever they want for a moonroof. Or to use a more apt metaphor, because the IE900 exists, that Sennheiser can charge whatever they want for the IE600 as long as the accessories are the same. It's corporate simping.

Also, I'm not convinced of basic facts--that adding I2S would cost significantly more than the multichannel out that BOTH models of the A6 are currently utilizing the HDMI port for, and that including multichannel HDMI over I2S saved the A6 budget. To me, opting for multichannel over I2S seems more like a marketing or product choice over one made for cost, which renders the comparison to more expensive players moot. Lastly, I haven't actually checked this, but my guess is almost every DAC around the price of the A6 ME has an I2S input.
I'm not trying to convince you - think what you like.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #101 of 143
I'm not trying to convince you - think what you like.
Then don’t quote reply to my posts. Anyways, short, contrarian responses about complex issues aren’t helpful or informative, so it’s an easy ignore.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #102 of 143
Then don’t quote reply to my posts. Anyways, short, contrarian responses about complex issues aren’t helpful or informative, so it’s an easy ignore.
I'll do as I please. Who do you think are you? Pompous arse.

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #103 of 143
Could someone please advise me on eARC? I am looking at buying an A8 to output coaxial (with AES/EBU transformer) or USB (through an X-SPDIF 2 DDC) to a pair of D&D 8C speakers that accept only AES/EBU digital input. Want to avoid sending XLR analog signal to the speakers at an additional ADC step will be required. Would it work? A reviewer was saying that some of the digital input cannot be passed through to digital outputs but did not provide further details. I am basically trying to get TV sound into the D&D speakers, that's all...

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #104 of 143
Have a look at RME's ADI-2/4 Pro SE or ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #105 of 143
Have a look at RME's ADI-2/4 Pro SE or ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition.
Those aren't streamers and don't have HDMI input, let alone eArc. Quite familiar with ADIs, owned one a few years ago. The solution has to be civilian (aka wife) friendly, I'm quite content with D&Ds being a Roon endpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back