Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 19, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #661 of 804
I have just ordered the DMP A6 to be used as a streamer only on my speaker set up.
On the album display screen can it be set so that just the album cover is showing and not all of the other info?
I ask as I will be using an iPad for the app so won’t be using the touch screen

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #662 of 804
I have just ordered the DMP A6 to be used as a streamer only on my speaker set up.
On the album display screen can it be set so that just the album cover is showing and not all of the other info?
I ask as I will be using an iPad for the app so won’t be using the touch screen
What the screen shows when not used is highly customizable. Just the album art full screen is not an option right now, the closest you get is half the screen for album art with some info. Alternatively, you can have the screen off, you can have different clocks/date or different digital VU meters and spectrum displays.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #663 of 804
What the screen shows when not used is highly customizable. Just the album art full screen is not an option right now, the closest you get is half the screen for album art with some info. Alternatively, you can have the screen off, you can have different clocks/date or different digital VU meters and spectrum displays.
Yes I have seen all the VU option etc , but was more about the album cover . It’s no big deal really , just a shame. Thanks for your post

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #664 of 804
Yes I have seen all the VU option etc , but was more about the album cover . It’s no big deal really , just a shame. Thanks for your post
You never know, it might come with a future firmware update. The updates are quite regular. You could also put your request through on zidoo forums. There is a thread where EverSolo shares downloadable beta firmwares and such. They read it.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #665 of 804
Eversolo DMP A6 works well with my Shanling Em5 but with Zishan D1 nothing works! The Zishan Dac is not recognized by DMP! That Dac has an imput USB type C, maybe this is the problem and zidoo would need to implement a firmware to Dacs with USB input type C, I think.

Attachments

• img1.jpeg
    img1.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • img2.jpeg
    img2.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
  • img3.jpeg
    img3.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #666 of 804
Eversolo DMP A6 works well with my Shanling Em5 but with Zishan D1 nothing works! The Zishan Dac is not recognized by DMP! That Dac has an imput USB type C, maybe this is the problem and zidoo would need to implement a firmware to Dacs with USB input type C, I think.
I connect DMP-A6 to my Fiio M17 via USB-C and it works fantastic.

Jan 26, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #667 of 804
I am not sure, what you are trying to achieve here. It seems, you set up your Shanling to use as an external DAC, bypassing the A6's internal DAC. I somehow doubt that Shanling DAC would be much better than the A6's, so why?
USB-C digital in also does not make much sense with your Zishan DAC, trying to feed a DAC into a DAC.
What is it that you are trying to achieve, so we can be more helpful? What is your ideal usage scenario?

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #668 of 804
I am not sure, what you are trying to achieve here. It seems, you set up your Shanling to use as an external DAC, bypassing the A6's internal DAC. I somehow doubt that Shanling DAC would be much better than the A6's, so why?
USB-C digital in also does not make much sense with your Zishan DAC, trying to feed a DAC into a DAC.
What is it that you are trying to achieve, so we can be more helpful? What is your ideal usage scenario?
I don't wanna use Shanling with DMP, but I would like to use my Zishan D1 Dac. My Zishan D1 has 4 Cirrus Logic 43198 dac chips and 2 opamp muses, so I believe that is better than DMP A6.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #669 of 804
I don't wanna use Shanling with DMP, but I would like to use my Zishan D1 Dac. My Zishan D1 has 4 Cirrus Logic 43198 dac chips and 2 opamp muses, so I believe that is better than DMP A6.
I think, in that case you could just use a USB A to USB C cable from the A6 to the D1.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #672 of 804
Anyone who bought one think its worth it? There is a used one local to me for around 600.
Highly recommended. I have owned many streamers and the DMP-A6 continues to impress even after several months of ownership. That being said, it is system/use case dependent.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #674 of 804
Thanks for the reply! Do you like to run it soley as a streamer or do you also like it as a dac?
I could happily live with it as an all in one. I enjoy the ESS house sound and it integrates with Roon perfectly. I had the opportunity to purchase a Yggdrasil+ GS2 and it is a noticeable upgrade (as it should be based on $$$). You would have to pay considerably more to upgrade the internal DAC IMO. I had a Bifrost 2/64 perviously that runs ~ $800 that improved the sound significantly as well. I think the Bifrost 2/64's price point is where it starts to make sense to upgrade. If that's beyond your means at the moment, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the interim and have something to look forward to as funds allow. Just my opinion of course.

Jan 26, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #675 of 804
Yes, I did it, but didn't work.
Did you plug the USB-A end to the lower USB port on the DMP-A6?
The upper one is to connect external USB drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back