Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 17, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #646 of 819
Now I almost regret having spent additional 400€ for the Master Edition!

But anyway, I did not hear any difference between the two even prior to Eversolo's e-mail.

I think I'm going to return the A8 while I'm still within the terms for reimbursement.
if you do not plan to do chain upgrading via I2S probably ....

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #648 of 819
I tend to agree but will be fair (to me) to mention that there is still another good option - iFi iDSD Pro. Like a stand alone solution that may upsample, and with the versatility of filters and tubes it is very good for many different scenarios. I am using both, TT2 and iFi iDSD, for headphones and speakers and still cannot decide which is better. iFi IDSD gives me bigger versatility when swapping headphones and when I want to upsample (I do not have the Mscaler :rolling_eyes: ), also smoothness is remarkable; while TT2 is unbeaten (to me) for neutrality, detail, air.
for me it was not the smartest thing to do, to borrow the mscaler for a few days..... one's you get used to that sound, you don't want to go back! that mscaler borrow has cost me dearly :dt880smile: , I got a good deal, almost 2000 off (was a shop demo, but looked brand new, only occasional used).

I also have a seperate Burson 3xrgt as amp+supercharger, have a hard time to choose which I like more, was planning to sell the Burson, but the tt2 and Burson have both their own quality. I know the Ifi Idsd and that is a sweet device too! sounds very very good, very smooth indeed with the tube

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #649 of 819
ha ha ha ha

1705495191510.png

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #651 of 819
then it is weird it still sounded different. And I mean digital. I neither of them used as analogue, only digital.

Because if they should sound digital the same, which they don’t at least not the A8 and A6, the one’s I tested (I was not the only one noticing the difference)

Than there is a factory quality differences between units. That is the only conclusion I can make, if eversolo says it

Seems he noticed it to, and as a streamer only I mean.

This starts to get weird

If I can't get this cleared up I will sell my A8 somewhere this week, and buy a Hifi Rose 130. Because eversolo telling they are digital the same, while testing don't sound. Is reason for me enough to be done with the brand.

Wrong conclusion.
1. You do not know what was the original question to them, it was not quoted.
2. They wrote "basically the same" which does not mean the same in all details. The obvious differences you know yourself.
3. You cannot expect that all support guys/ladies that are writing the support answers has the same audiophile detail view as you.
3. Why bother with others's opinion, why not believe your own ears? You cleared it for yourself already.
4. Where is the guarantee that your chain will sound better with Hifi Rose 130?

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #653 of 819
Wrong conclusion.
1. You do not know what was the original question to them, it was not quoted.
2. They wrote "basically the same" which does not mean the same in all details. The obvious differences you know yourself.
3. You cannot expect that all support guys/ladies that are writing the support answers has the same audiophile detail view as you.
3. Why bother with others's opinion, why not believe your own ears? You cleared it for yourself already.
4. Where is the guarantee that your chain will sound better with Hifi Rose 130?
Here my original question, fair point:

1705500513578.png

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #654 of 819
Let's assume there is an audible difference between the 3 models used exclusively as a streamer and the A6 Master and A8 are both noticeable improvements over the A6. Is the improvement worth $450 or $1,150 respectfully? I guess that's my only question.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #655 of 819
Let's assume there is an audible difference between the 3 models used exclusively as a streamer and the A6 Master and A8 are both noticeable improvements over the A6. Is the improvement worth $450 or $1,150 respectfully? I guess that's my only question.
yes but that is the same as saying, how much better is the tt2 from the qutest. (tt2 is more than 3 times the price). I got a deal 1600 for the A8, Which is very close to the A6 Master price

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #657 of 819
It is a bit like to ask: Does one second faster acceleration to 100km/h worth $200k. One and the same thing has different value to different persons.
Exactly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. That's why it's ultimately up to the individual whether the improvement as a streamer is worth it. Personally, I stayed with the A6 and ordered a Yggdrasil+ GS2 for my system. I was using my Bifrost 2/64 via USB from the A6 and the improvement was significant. I would have no need for the preamp nor the DSP functionality of the A8 so invested my discretionary dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #658 of 819
I am not denying the difference between the streamer section of the A6/A6ME and A8, I personally have not tried the ME or A8. Yet to me it seems you probably get a bigger improvement for your money in pretty much every other link in your audio chain (headphones/amps/DACs). If you are not planning to use the internal DAC of the EverSolo, the A6 as a streamer will be plenty enough for the vast majority of buyers.
In case you do not really want to use an external DAC for whatever reasons, I would consider the A8.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #659 of 819
I am not denying the difference between the streamer section of the A6/A6ME and A8, I personally have not tried the ME or A8. Yet to me it seems you probably get a bigger improvement for your money in pretty much every other link in your audio chain (headphones/amps/DACs). If you are not planning to use the internal DAC of the EverSolo, the A6 as a streamer will be plenty enough for the vast majority of buyers.
In case you do not really want to use an external DAC for whatever reasons, I would consider the A8.
I already have a tt2+mscaler, Burson gt amp etc… I was looking for the best possible streamer, without paying 5000 dollar :wink:, only for the streamer and and a decent app

The perfect solution would have been a A8 without dac (having the benefit of a lps psu and femto clocks etc…) and everything optimized for the digital out. And at least have some nice look too.

The Lumen u2 for example, the most boring design ever.

The a6 master with third party lps is almost as expensive as an a8, so that is a waste. And warranty gone.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #660 of 819
I already have a tt2+mscaler, Burson gt amp etc… I was looking for the best possible streamer, without paying 5000 dollar :wink:, only for the streamer and and a decent app

The perfect solution would have been a A8 without dac (having the benefit of a lps psu and femto clocks etc…) and everything optimized for the digital out. And at least have some nice look too.

The Lumen u2 for example, the most boring design ever.

The a6 master with third party lps is almost as expensive as an a8, so that is a waste. And warranty gone.
Fair enough. In that case I see why you are considering the A8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back