Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #677 of 819
I have been using Ever Solo DMP for 4 days. I installed Neutron Music Player on the DMP A6 and use the Symfonium app on my smartphone to stream it to Neutron Music Player. For the last two days, every 10 minutes or so, the connection is lost and it is necessary to reconnect the Symfonium to the Neutron Music Player. Could this loss of connection be a fault with the DMP A6, a problem with UPNP/DLNA transmission. I don't know how to solve it, I would really like to continue using the DMP A6 with Symfonium and Neutron Music Player.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 8.24.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-29 at 8.24.17 PM.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #678 of 819
Even from a marketing perspective, opting out of I2S for a multi-channel HDMI port seems like a mistake. The only places selling the A6 (besides mega-retailers like amazon) sell audiophile gear, not general consumer electronics. And anyone into spacial audio probably prefers it coming from a lifestyle device from the likes of Apple or Sonos. Enthusiasts and audiophiles want better quality connections and protocols over fads.

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #679 of 819
I have been using Ever Solo DMP for 4 days. I installed Neutron Music Player on the DMP A6 and use the Symfonium app on my smartphone to stream it to Neutron Music Player. For the last two days, every 10 minutes or so, the connection is lost and it is necessary to reconnect the Symfonium to the Neutron Music Player. Could this loss of connection be a fault with the DMP A6, a problem with UPNP/DLNA transmission. I don't know how to solve it, I would really like to continue using the DMP A6 with Symfonium and Neutron Music Player.
Problem solved with the Xiaomi router AX3000. No more connection issues.

Feb 1, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #680 of 819
Problem solved with the Xiaomi router AX3000. No more connection issues.
Changed router, or changed settings? If the latter, what had to be changed?

Ps: why neutron player?

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #683 of 819
I try to figure out what this setting does, besides making the screen greyish coloured instead of black when it is enabled?does anybody know what it is for?

IMG_6594.jpeg

Enabled
IMG_6595.jpeg

Disabled
IMG_6596.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #684 of 819
Nice! The landscape view is great for the device's screen but for anyone using their phone to control the streamer, it's a huge UX failure.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #685 of 819
I try to find that setting, where can I find that?
For now, you can only change it with this icon before you actually connect to the A6. Hopefully in the future they will integrate the switch in the menu somehow.

Screenshot_20240202-161452_EverSolo Controller.jpg
Nice! The landscape view is great for the device's screen but for anyone using their phone to control the streamer, it's a huge UX failure.
That is why it is great to have the option of both views. Horizontal view on my tablet is actually quite useful sometimes, for example I can charge the tablet on its stand while I am listening, which is not possible in vertical view as the tablet is sitting on its charger port.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #686 of 819
For now, you can only change it with this icon before you actually connect to the A6. Hopefully in the future they will integrate the switch in the menu somehow.

Screenshot_20240202-161452_EverSolo Controller.jpg

That is why it is great to have the option of both views. Horizontal view on my tablet is actually quite useful sometimes, for example I can charge the tablet on its stand while I am listening, which is not possible in vertical view as the tablet is sitting on its charger port.
Thanks

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #687 of 819
I try to figure out what this setting does, besides making the screen greyish coloured instead of black when it is enabled?does anybody know what it is for?

IMG_6594.jpeg

Enabled
IMG_6595.jpeg

Disabled
IMG_6596.jpeg
Some people want the screen to reflect the changing cover art colour scheme, just for variety I suppose. Like you I prefer the full black background as details are easier to read.

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #689 of 819
Any help 😊 Can I connect the QNAP to the A6 ? If so, how can I connect it ?
IMG_0626.png
Presumably your QNAP is already on the same LAN as the A6, so they are already connected. Have you looked under SMB or NFS network locations under Files? I don't know the QNAP device but perhaps it has to be told to make itself visible on the network if you don't see it listed. Another option would be to directly connect via a USB cable to the top OTG port, remember to set to PC mode. If I do this from a Windows laptop, I can see the A6 connected drives under File Manager. Another option would be the USB C digital input on the A6, but I think this is really for USB Audio feeds from smartphones or the like, presumably not what you have in mind.

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #690 of 819
Presumably your QNAP is already on the same LAN as the A6, so they are already connected. Have you looked under SMB or NFS network locations under Files? I don't know the QNAP device but perhaps it has to be told to make itself visible on the network if you don't see it listed. Another option would be to directly connect via a USB cable to the top OTG port, remember to set to PC mode. If I do this from a Windows laptop, I can see the A6 connected drives under File Manager. Another option would be the USB C digital input on the A6, but I think this is really for USB Audio feeds from smartphones or the like, presumably not what you have in mind.
Thanks for the reply! I'll test which paths will connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back