Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #706 of 804
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #707 of 804
Updated via a USB drive now... somehow the over the air update would not work for me

On latest software now :)

Feb 11, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #708 of 804
Updated via a USB drive now... somehow the over the air update would not work for me

On latest software now :)
I've found that restarting and then trying the over the air update again does the trick. Though the USB update also works too.

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #712 of 804
Hi guys !
Amateur's question in audio. What cable can be used to connect this output to an external dac/amplifaier?

צילום מסך 2024-02-20 165045.png

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #713 of 804
Another question from an amateur.
I accidentally connected my dac/amplifaier to the USB 3.0 OTG socket.
But everything works great! How can it be ?

צילום מסך 2024-02-20 170045.png

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #714 of 804
Another question from an amateur.
I accidentally connected my dac/amplifaier to the USB 3.0 OTG socket.
But everything works great! How can it be ?

צילום מסך 2024-02-20 170045.png
Usb works on a system bus, most of the time that means you can prioritize which data is handled with a higher priority.
In this case this propably means one is priotized above the other.

And in case of only one connection you won’t notice that. But connect a harddrive as well and you know. And sometimes they also differ in power delivered the port

Feb 29, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #715 of 804
Guys, I'm learning about the DMP-6 and DMP-8 and trying to see if it's an option for my set up and if I'd be using it optimally. I currently have all my music on my laptop (ripped CDs on Apple Music as lossless ALAC and high-res FLAC files are run on my Colibri app). I stream Spotify (and could subscribe to Quobuz or Tidal, possibly. Undecided). Also undecided if I should use Roon. Sounds cool, but don't know that I'd use all it has to offer.

I'm thinking the DMP-6 would be a stand-alone solution where all my music and streaming could reside, taking the burden off my laptop? I have no need for listening in other rooms or other locations. My DAC and EQ duties are handled by my RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

Given my current set up, is the DMP-6 a match or superfluous/unnecessary?

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #716 of 804
Guys, I'm learning about the DMP-6 and DMP-8 and trying to see if it's an option for my set up and if I'd be using it optimally. I currently have all my music on my laptop (ripped CDs on Apple Music as lossless ALAC and high-res FLAC files are run on my Colibri app). I stream Spotify (and could subscribe to Quobuz or Tidal, possibly. Undecided). Also undecided if I should use Roon. Sounds cool, but don't know that I'd use all it has to offer.

I'm thinking the DMP-6 would be a stand-alone solution where all my music and streaming could reside, taking the burden off my laptop? I have no need for listening in other rooms or other locations. My DAC and EQ duties are handled by my RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

My advise a dmp-6 master with psu upgrade (you have to build in yourself) or a a8. The lps and psu upgrade does matter. I know some disagree, my advice order both and test it. With my tt2+mscaler the a8 did matter. Would have bought the a6 master bought didn’t want to build in the diy psu so I bought the a8

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #717 of 804

Drop to comp (noisy, full of jitter source) and move all your files to SSD in Eversolo, and use it to stream from SSD or Tidal, Qobuz,....

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #718 of 804
@skhan007 -- i fully agree with @Sharppain. put a ssd in the dmp, move your music there, retire your laptop from music duty, and let the dmp do everything. sounds like a perfect solution for you.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #719 of 804
Thanks guys- Is the transfer of files from my laptop to the DMP-A6 SSD pretty intuitive? I'm hoping there's a way to hook up the laptop to the A6 and drag/drop the library?

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #720 of 804

Go for it. It is pretty, it is fun to operate (I prefer to use it with iPad), and even the sound might improve compared to the laptop 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back