Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #736 of 802
Guys- If I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio only, not movies), will the A6 show me a listing of tracks on the screen? I'd like to not require a tv/monitor, if possible, for blu-ray audio.

i don't think so -- how would it be able to recognize the track?

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #737 of 802
i don't think so -- how would it be able to recognize the track?
No idea. The same it would recognize a CD track when you go to rip/download a CD? Just curious about how to listen to Blu-ray audio, if it's even possible.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #738 of 802
No idea. The same it would recognize a CD track when you go to rip/download a CD? Just curious about how to listen to Blu-ray audio, if it's even possible.
When you're using a digital input you're making the dmp-a6 into a dac. Dacs don't look up meta data. CD rippers have built in functionality to retrieve meta data.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #739 of 802
Some Blu-ray players have 2 HDMI outputs. One to send the Audio/Video signal (perhaps ARC or eARC) and one to send an Audio only signal. I believe the DMP-A6 is intended to receive the Audio only output of a Blu-ray player. It would work just like a coaxial or optical digital out (no Metadata) BUT would be able to pass DSD (due to encryption rules for SACD). There is no optical drive and/or file reader to read the disc and/or file Metadata and send it to a screen in this instance.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #740 of 802
Guys- If I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio only, not movies), will the A6 show me a listing of tracks on the screen? I'd like to not require a tv/monitor, if possible, for blu-ray audio.

Since it supports an external USB optical drive for CD disc playback and CD ripping (according to the website) - it may also support an external USB connected Blu-ray player.

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #742 of 802
Does the standard edition include the spectrum analyzer?

Searched through the thread but couldn’t find a clear answer. Last time i checked the website the standard edition marketing did not have the spectrum analyzer featured.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #744 of 802
Does the standard edition include the spectrum analyzer?

Searched through the thread but couldn’t find a clear answer. Last time i checked the website the standard edition marketing did not have the spectrum analyzer featured.
It does. Came with a later firmware update.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #745 of 802
I decided on the A6 ME feeding it to the Schiit Midgard with XLR. Balanced to either 660S2 or Ayra Organic.

I thought the Hifiman ef499 was good. The A6 ME is better. More alive and less fatiguing.

CD ripping to .wav or .flac without using ANY software on tbe PC or worrying about meta data with FLAC is what sold it to me. Going to just rerip what I have to the m.2 with flac. It will take a little bit but it’s ok.

I used the a6 as a transport to the ef499 and back to the Midgard via rca. It sounds good that way but not as good.

Amazingly it seems to even make the 660s2 have a little wider soundstage not as much as the ayra but I am liking the 660s2 again using the a6.

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpeg
    IMG_9997.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #746 of 802
Honest opinions requested:

I am so on the fence with purchasing the A6. It's priced right, features are great, reviews are spectacular, but...

I would use an external DAC (so no need/use for the built-in one) and all my music files and streaming music (Spotify) are managed just fine on my M2 MacBook.

Would I really benefit from the A6 if my current set up is working just fine?

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #747 of 802
Honest opinions requested:

I am so on the fence with purchasing the A6. It's priced right, features are great, reviews are spectacular, but...

I would use an external DAC (so no need/use for the built-in one) and all my music files and streaming music (Spotify) are managed just fine on my M2 MacBook.

Would I really benefit from the A6 if my current set up is working just fine?
I am pretty sure, you would benefit from the A6 with your gear. The Zen Stream was a big step from my PC and I consider the A6 as a streamer only a step up in clarity from the Zen Stream.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #748 of 802
I am pretty sure, you would benefit from the A6 with your gear. The Zen Stream was a big step from my PC and I consider the A6 as a streamer only a step up in clarity from the Zen Stream.
Yes you will benefit with the A6, I have the zen stream (it is okay, but compared to the a6 it sounds harsh, the A6 compared to the A8 misses smoothness and 3d stage, and I mean that digitally not analogue) If you really want to make a leap get the A8. Yes the AKM build in is very very good, but I mean as a streamer.

I know some keep on screaming a6 is the same as the A8 IT IS NOT!, I tried them all in a row. I had the A6 after a week or two got fed up, knowing the A8 sounded better and exchanged it for the A8, never looked back, a amazing machine as a streamer (digitally AND analogue). I audited all three in a row, the chord TT2+mscaler as a dac. A8 won clearly, noticable through headphones, with speaker and amp set even more.

the TT2/MScaler was set to automatic, so switching was nearly instant.

PHOTO-2024-03-28-17-04-02.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #749 of 802
Yes you will benefit with the A6, I have the zen stream (it is okay, but compared to the a6 it sounds harsh, the A6 compared to the A8 misses smoothness and 3d stage, and I mean that digitally not analogue) If you really want to make a leap get the A8. Yes the AKM build in is very very good, but I mean as a streamer.

I know some keep on screaming a6 is the same as the A8 IT IS NOT!, I tried them all in a row. I had the A6 after a week or two got fed up, knowing the A8 sounded better and exchanged it for the A8, never looked back, a amazing machine as a streamer (digitally AND analogue). I audited all three in a row, the chord TT2+mscaler as a dac. A8 one clearly, noticable through headphones, with speaker and amp set even more.

the TT2/MScaler was set to automatic, so switching was nearly instant.

PHOTO-2024-03-28-17-04-02.jpg
Wow, OK- so you're recommended just going all-in for the A8? Having compared the three, I think your opinion is solid and informed. I just wasn't sure if I'd notice the upgrade from my laptop to the A6 (I believe that's a yes) and then the upgrade to the A8 is noteworthy and significant, given the double price (again, it sounds like a yes).

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #750 of 802
Wow, OK- so you're recommended just going all-in for the A8? Having compared the three, I think your opinion is solid and informed. I just wasn't sure if I'd notice the upgrade from my laptop to the A6 (I believe that's a yes) and then the upgrade to the A8 is noteworthy and significant, given the double price (again, it sounds like a yes).
The a6 and a6 master are very close together, as a streamer and analogue, the one forward is the a8. You have to listen for yourself, do a A and B test at the shop between the two, I am certain you will judge the same as a digital streamer. Analogue the a6’s are nowhere close compared to the a8

I would have loved a cheaper a8 with only the streamer part, but that one does not exist. But it is what it is. They did something to make the a8 sound better

How I can describe it best. With the a6’s the speakers were still there, noticable, sound more sticking to the speakers, with the a8 music came alive, around, middle and depth. I borrowed the a6 and a8, and at home the exact same thing was hearable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back